Swann DVR network viewing problem

Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
Forum Member
I am not sure where else to try, i've contacted Swann support and they don't see to know much about what to do.

I currently have a networked Swann DVR. It's never been set up on a network before however it has been sat recording and doing its job for quite amount of time.

I am currently trying to get it set up local as i don't have proper internet access at the minute.

DVR Network Settings

Static IP - 192.168.0.111
Port 3100
Default Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS 192.168.0.1

Router - port 3100 forwarded to 192.168.0.111

There are different ways of connecting to it. First you can just enter 192.168.0.111:3100 into the web browser, it should promt me for a username and password instead it brings up a blank web page with DxClient Netviewer in the title.

I use the DxClient software.. It connects to the DVR, when i press play it plays on the TV, when i select a camera is displays it on the TV but nothing at all on the PC, just a blank screen.

I am lost & i don't have access to try another pc however this is my main pc so kind of need it working on here especially when i try getting it set up for web.

Thanks

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First thing that comes to mind is it needs a specific video codec or plug-in to make it work.

Though if you have software provided by the manufacturers i would have thought it would include any necessary codecs/plug-ins required.

Have you tried uninstalling the software then reinstalling it from scratch. or perhaps looking on their website for an update or new version? It could be the software you've got is not 100% compatible with the OS you are running as well.

But then again if you've spoken to the tech support at Swann they should know all this stuff anyway and should have told you to do this already?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Adam D wrote: »
    I am not sure where else to try, i've contacted Swann support and they don't see to know much about what to do.

I currently have a networked Swann DVR. It's never been set up on a network before however it has been sat recording and doing its job for quite amount of time.

I am currently trying to get it set up local as i don't have proper internet access at the minute.

DVR Network Settings

Static IP - 192.168.0.111
    Port 3100
    Default Gateway 192.168.0.1
    DNS 192.168.0.1

Router - port 3100 forwarded to 192.168.0.111

There are different ways of connecting to it. First you can just enter 192.168.0.111:3100 into the web browser, it should promt me for a username and password instead it brings up a blank web page with DxClient Netviewer in the title.

I use the DxClient software.. It connects to the DVR, when i press play it plays on the TV, when i select a camera is displays it on the TV but nothing at all on the PC, just a blank screen.

I am lost & i don't have access to try another pc however this is my main pc so kind of need it working on here especially when i try getting it set up for web.

Thanks

Well I know this is much later than the original post, but I just came across it.

The address you quoted as static IP is a class C address which would suggest to me that it is your internal network at home or business.
    This would explain why you're not able to remotely view your DVR.

You need to find your public IP, that is the IP address set by your Internet service provider and connects your router to the Internet.

There are 2 ways of doing this.
    1 check your router for the public IP
    Or
    2 open your Internet browser and go to www.whatismyip.com.

This will return your public IP. That's what you need to enter into the static field on the form.

But here's another point, most domestic ISPs provide dynamic IP addresses, so you'll need to set up a ddns service as described in your Swann DVR manual.

And looking more closely at your post, I see you appear to know this.
    I would suggest you follow the instructions for enabling actives controls in your browser or download the Swann net viewer which is a diddle to set up. :)

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.