X Factor Songs to be released via iTunes?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know if they still plan to release the weekly songs via iTunes like they do on American Idol?

I seem to recall a post on here and in a newspaper several months back stating it was happening.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine if it happened? no lie, the whole top 40 would somehow be related to the show...
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    It would be a sensible idea for Simon Cowell to make money from this and also save the fans from having to scour the internet for the performances.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    There's no way it'd take up the whole top 40, or even the top 10 though.

It'd be good in a way though. I think the singers will realize that they actually need to do something different to sell songs. They should do remixes or mash-ups, rather than singing songs in exactly the same way as the original, or else people would just buy the original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Idol songs were sold via iTunes but the rankings were always kept private until after the show finished.
  • Oh Brother...Oh Brother... Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can confirm they will be released on itunes and they will cost 99p each. You can already pre order for each contestant! I just saw this in the itunes store, but they still don't have the songs that each contestant is doing.

Some of them could potentially get the biggest downloads in history if the audience this week and over the next few weeks get's any bigger! And even if it doesn't!

Great idea for making easy money out of the contestants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Yes I can confirm they will be released on itunes and they will cost 99p each. You can already pre order for each contestant! I just saw this in the itunes store, but they still don't have the songs that each contestant is doing.

Some of them could potentially get the biggest downloads in history if the audience this week and over the next few weeks get's any bigger! And even if it doesn't!

Great idea for making easy money out of the contestants.

I hope this is true. I'd love to be able to download Matt's performances each week.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    DenJ wrote: »
    I hope this is true. I'd love to be able to download Matt's performances each week.

If you check out iTunes you can't miss the huge banner advertising them. I assume that for 99p it will be the full song and not the 2 minute version they sing on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Will they only be on itunes. or avaliable elsewhere
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Are these going to be just audio rips of the live performance or studio produced version of the song?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they'll release studio versions rather than simple live performance rips. I've read in the papers this week that they've been visiting the studio so hopefully it was to record the songs.
  • Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    Are these going to be just audio rips of the live performance or studio produced version of the song?

According to the iTunes store it will be the actual live performance and that sales info will not be published to "protect the integrity of the X Factor competition"