EE4G further cities by end of 2013.

The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
Forum Member
The full list of cities/towns that shall have 4G coverage by end of this year just in case you didn't catch it.

Aberdeen, Aldershot, Ashford, Basildon, Basingstoke, Bath, Bournemouth, Bracknell, Brighton, Camberley , Cambridge, Colchester, Crawley, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Guildford, Hitchin, Horsham, Ipswich, Leatherhead, Letchworth, Maidstone, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Norwich, Plymouth, Poole, Portsmouth, Redhill, Reigate, Sevenoaks, Stevenage, Swansea, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Warrington, Welwyn Garden City, Woking and York.

This list may be added to depending on how roll out proceeds.

Comments

• Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic roll out in Scotland yet again.
    Dundee is vastly bigger than some of the places listed (more than 15 times the population of Leatherhead, for example) yet it's completely overlooked.

Not that it's any surprise - they're only just rolling it out in Aberdeen, a city with money coming out it's ears.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I agree.. however the 2G refresh & backhaul upgrades have only just started in earnest outside GlasEdin so it will take awhile to sort that out north of there. Aberdeen already has a good few new sites thanks to a few demolished buildings and site relocations (requiring recent new build sites, ready for 4G)
    Step666 wrote: »
    Not that it's any surprise - they're only just rolling it out in Aberdeen, a city with money coming out it's ears.

Appears to have money coming out of it's ears... heavily debt ridden (the city & the residents) and the poverty divide there is horrendous.
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dundee is vastly bigger than some of the places listed (more than 15 times the population of Leatherhead, for example) yet it's completely overlooked.

Quite the same as here. Ok, this isn't the most populated place in the world, but apart from 1 4G mast covering the international airport we have only Belfast listed as 4G and it doesn't even cover all of it!

There is other areas covered too but obviously not well enough to have them listed as covered. I'm sure as soon as EE can warrant listing them they will!
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchester ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Manchester ?

Manchester already has it. I think it was one of the cities that got 4G at launch.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Chester isn't getting it as it's right near an area where there is a lot of 4G coverage and is a pretty big city. Specially as you can according to friends get in Ellesmere port which is less than 10 miles away.

Any Idea why chester isn't getting 4G Lucan?

May actually get a 4G mifi if i could get near where i work.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im shocked they took so long to get to Aberdeen :eek:

Guess they can't be bothered with Scotland.

On the bright side Northern Ireland has fared a lot worse for 3G let alone 4G!
  • unouno Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it looks like Market Harborough in Leicestershire where I work is still missing off the list this was originally planned for June/July time but no sign of any work yet on the masts round here yet. 4G is really needed around here as the town keeps expanding in size with new business and homes being built, The fastest speed you can get on EE anywhere regardless of time of day is 3mb and often sub 1mb during the day.

In fact the roll out around Leicestershire seems to have stopped over the last month or so as not noticed any increases of coverage travelling around and the coverage map confirms this. Coverage currently stops a 5 miles south of the city but then going North coverage all the way up to Nottingham.
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been in Oxford for a few weeks
  • ozzozz Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still nothing for Peterborough and surrounding Towns, rather odd...
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozz wrote: »
    Still nothing for Peterborough and surrounding Towns, rather odd...

And Lincoln.
  • Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I don't think Cambridge is on the list either, is it?
  • coolmp3coolmp3 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I thought Milton Keynes was going to be June, not end of the year!
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolmp3 wrote: »
    I thought Milton Keynes was going to be June, not end of the year!

This is a list of all the officially announced places that will get 4G in 2013, not date specific. If anything, the roll out is ahead of schedule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Was this list of new cities announced officially... can't find any press releases?
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    http://explore.ee.co.uk/4gee
    Should be showing on there now.
    KesterK wrote: »
    This is a list of all the officially announced places that will get 4G in 2013, not date specific. If anything, the roll out is ahead of schedule.

Correct.