"Burper" on 24 hours in A&E

mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
Anybody see the recent "Burper" episode. I felt sorry for the guy, but for pity's sake at least put your hand to your mouth! Sheesh!

Comments

• itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have obviously never stayed in hospital.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    Anybody see the recent "Burper" episode. I felt sorry for the guy, but for pity's sake at least put your hand to your mouth! Sheesh!

Did they say what was causing it, I heard them say he was admitted and put on antibiotics but I don't remember them saying why!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they did, it was some condition he has with his lower intestine.
  • mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have obviously never stayed in hospital.

I have. Did you see the show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mychmose wrote: »
    I have. Did you see the show?

Yes, but in hospital that sort of thing happens.

I had people going to the toilet, being sick, letting off wind, burping, crying in pain when I was in there.

I can't remember what caused it, although his partner did not leave his side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I had people going to the toilet, being sick, letting off wind, burping, crying in pain when I was in there.

I'm sure it does. But my point about this guy was that he knew people sitting next to him were disgusted by it and yet I really believe he was well enough to put his hand to his mouth. Fingers crossed he gets it sorted, but his behaviour didn't exactly endear him to me or his fellow waiting patients. I can live with that though ;)
  • WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    I just can't believe he went A&E with a bit of wind. His poor wife obediently rubbing his fat tummy to help. Vile man!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wizsister wrote: »
    I just can't believe he went A&E with a bit of wind. His poor wife obediently rubbing his fat tummy to help. Vile man!

I think it was more serious than that. I would have gone given how chronic it was. But, ::ahem:: , I would have been more polite about it (as I'm sure you would have Wiz ;-)).
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

This hand over mouth business.
    Moaning about F'all, if you ask me, there was enough of it in the program thread.

After a couple of hours of that level of wind, with the muscle spasms that go with it, enough to leave anyone knackered and fractious.
    I've picked up people about this sort of thing,'hand mouth' but in that blokes case I don't blame him for not bothering with the hand.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wizsister wrote: »
    A bit of wind? It was a chronic condition and he was in a lot of pain. Wow.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    A bit of wind? It was a chronic condition and he was in a lot of pain. Wow.

My thoughts too' bit of wind' given how loud it was and how often, I don't get how anyone could call it a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts too' bit of wind' given how loud it was and how often, I don't get how anyone could call it a bit.

His stomach looked like it was going to pop, I don't know if that was just fat.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His wife should have just stuck a pin in him, and watched him fly around the room :D