"Blockbusters" on Challenge TV

Comments

• iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Do they hexagons need to make a noise when they change?

A question is it ever possible to have a tie on the board can it be done?

Not possible, but sometimes they get to a situation where both teams can win with the same hexagon.
  • CanonMan75CanonMan75 Posts: 306
    Forum Member

They used to make a noise on the original series, an no, it's not possible to have a draw.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    So he shouldn't really have started by saying "This is All New Blockbusters, a brand new series......"

edit: unless they're planning to edit it for the repeats.
    Not really. They'll obviously remove the "All New" from the title but other than that I doubt it's worth worrying over.
    Plenty of repeated shows still go out without editing such as Saturday Night Live or Friday Night With Jonathan Ross being repeated on days other than Saturdays.

I'm pretty sure that The 10 O'Clock show started something like "It's Thursday the 19th of April and you're watching 10 O'Clock live".
    If they were to repeat it I doubt they'd edit it out.
    HIGNFY do now put an "Originally broadcast on...." on their repeats.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,786
    Forum Member

No, which is why the board is designed that way and yes the disappearing lettered hexagons carried an accompanying sound in the original series also. Nice to see lot's of original touches in this version including just £5 an answer! Simon is very natural as host too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I hope they still win some 80's prizes,,,that they've had stored in the warehouse
    Forum Member
    soapnut wrote: »
    No, which is why the board is designed that way and yes the disappearing lettered hexagons carried an accompanying sound in the original series also. Nice to see lot's of original touches in this version including just £5 an answer! Simon is very natural as host too.
    Similar how the new Bullseye kept the cheap crappy prizes :D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really appreciate these re runs of my favourite quiz from the 80s. Watched one a few months ago and it had mention of apartheid and South Africa and one contestant had a Smiths T shirt on- made me nostalgic.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I hope they still win some 80's prizes,,,that they've had stored in the warehouse

Would be nice but of course Central tv doesn't really exist anymore and it is made by a different company ;)

I preferred the ding noise of the original when the hexagon changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In memory Of Bob Holness at the end nice touch.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Of course it not going to be same as original but I liked it (class at the end with the bob thing)
    Forum Member
    Would be nice but of course Central tv doesn't really exist anymore and it is made by a different company ;)

I preferred the ding noise of the original when the hexagon changed.

It sounded like the hit of a xylophone. Even the contestant buzzer sounds are similar to the original, Challenge really have honoured the original and deservedly so.
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Of course it not going to be same as original but I liked it (class at the end with the bob thing)

What did you think? I give it the thumbs up, I love all of the original touches and the tribute to Bob at the end topped it off nicely. My only gripe is it was all over in a flash!
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    What did you think? I give it the thumbs up, I love all of the original touches and the tribute to Bob at the end topped it off nicely. My only gripe is it was all over in a flash!

I would say it did seem a little rushed I admit. The original (some I watched on youtube) we're definety slower paced
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everything seemed slower when you was younger now everything is a blur.

I hope Challenge now get hold of Connections I preferred Connections when Blockbusters took a break on itv.

Would love to see it repeated only half an episode on Youtube.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was as good as it could be really. I cannot see myself watching it every day but I liked that it felt quick - you wouldn't want it to be on for any longer. It's cheap to make and should do reasonably well for Challenge. Simon was good, very natural, but he is a pro so was to be expected.

Was anyone else wondering what was going to happen when Rups and Sunny reached £100? I'm sure there was only room for 2 digits.
    Forum Member

I hope Challenge now get hold of Connections I preferred Connections when Blockbusters took a break on itv.

Yes I also loved Connections with Sue Robbie! Then they went an ruined it by changing it to Adult Connections with Richard Madely which was pants! - Remember?
    Forum Member
    Yes I also loved Connections with Sue Robbie! Then they went an ruined it by changing it to Adult Connections with Richard Madely which was pants! - Remember?
    Sounds like a dating website :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't it become Young Connetions with Simon Potter?

They ruined the Krypton Factor by making it Young Krypton.
    Forum Member
    Didn't it become Young Connetions with Simon Potter?

They ruined the Krypton Factor by making it Young Krypton.

Oh yes I'd forgotten about that version! All I remember is not being too keen on Simon Potter and thinking bring back Sue Robbie - she was Connections!
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    University students instead of sixth formers.

Further evidence of the dumbing-down of society?

I thought we were getting record exam results every year.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God she was sooooooooo thick! All she did was giggle like a dizzy blonde.

Where do they find these contestants.
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could you link the letters, find the figure or connect the clues? I never could!
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    God she was sooooooooo thick! All she did was giggle like a dizzy blonde.

Where do they find these contestants.

Bar the brother and sister team, the solo contestants were thicker than ANY of the Year 12 contestants on Bob Holness's show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    Could you link the letters, find the figure or connect the clues? I never could!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJoWrnmVXOA
    Forum Member

I just watched this clip and couldn't! It wasn't the easiest of games but thoroughly enjoyable and I eagerly awaited Sue's next knitted threads!