Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It's a good one, but you can still just tell that it's a wig.

i hadnt noticed his rug before, its not as obvious as some of the offenders like brucie and blackburn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 years and 14 pages on...am surprised no-one has mentioned....Paul McCartney ! - 70 this year ! (Or am I being sacriligeous here?)

http://baldouting.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/paul-mccartney.html

I recall McCartney's appearance on the X Factor 2 or 3 seasons ago - the cameras were kept so far back from the stage you could barely make him out !
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I don't think Ronnie Wood has been mentioned either and he's listed as a celebrity toupee wearer on Wikipedia.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I don't think Ronnie Wood has been mentioned either and he's listed as a celebrity toupee wearer on Wikipedia.

Ronnie Wood is like Jeff Beck - they've had the same hairstyle for 40-odd years which seems a little odd when you think about it.

A lot of ageing rock musicians still apparently have all - or most of - their hair. Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Ozzy Osbourne, Mick Jagger..... I'm not saying any of them are wig wearers (in fact I'm pretty sure most of those aren't), but compared with the general population they seem to have remained hirsute to an unusually advanced age.

Maybe there's some truth in the idea that carrying on like you're still young actually keeps you young?

On the other hand, I can think of a few classic rock bands with more than their share of syrups - Deep Purple and Kiss spring to mind...
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if Wayne Rooney's transplant last its the way to go for men.

At least he doesn't have to have his nut covered with a hot wig.

Imagine all those multi-millionaires suffering in this hot weather.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serves them right. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not certain, but I think I've found a new celebrity wig wearer...
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Cliff Richard. Or should that be Quiff Richard?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Numan's is a very bad wig! :eek:
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't seem to find any mention of Olly Murs in this thread, surely deserves a mention. Especially as his brother outed him as a wiggy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs? Really?
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His twin Brother gave an interview to The News Of The World a couple of years ago and said that Olly had asked him to wear a wig as well. It's all mentioned in this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1333835

Obviously it's a bit tricky to retrieve the original NOW story
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Simon Pegg looks like he's got more hair than a few years ago, I'm thinking hair transplant rather than wig though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dec from Ant and Dec, and looking last night, Sir Cliff has had some "folical assistance".
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a galaxy of syrups at the Queen's Jubilee concert and today in the BBC studio. Elton John, Paul McCartney, Terry Wogan (:eek: dreadful!), and Sir Cliff's hair looked ludicrous.
  • walaboobahwalaboobah Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Jason wore a wig playing Del Boy in the last few Christmas specials
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another wig wearer is Vince Earl who played Ron Dixon in Brookside.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article942880.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Ron+Dixon+played+by+Vince+Earl
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Numan had a hair transplant thing taking hair from the back of his head. I have an idea I read about it some years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    There's been a galaxy of syrups at the Queen's Jubilee concert and today in the BBC studio. Elton John, Paul McCartney, Terry Wogan (:eek: dreadful!), and Sir Cliff's hair looked ludicrous.

Saw Cliff on TV this weekend running with the Olympic torch and his wig seemed to have moved. Must have been a bit windy out there
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    It's a good one, but you can still just tell that it's a wig.

They are flown in from Switzerland and he has quite a selection>aparently..

There is an old story about when EJ was racing- way back when- some wags put super glue in his helmet... End of the race off came the helmet, wig still firmly attached..
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    Saw Cliff on TV this weekend running with the Olympic torch and his wig seemed to have moved. Must have been a bit windy out there

Yeah, Cliff's hair is very suspect. And the colour? It's some sort of gingery/auburn/brown.

Odd hairstyle too for a 71-year-old man. :p
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an interview on TV a few days ago following the death of Robin Gibb with Cliff Richard. His wig is getting very obvious now. :eek: Maybe Robin gave him some tips?
    Cliff's definitely wearing a wig. It just looks so obvious. He's going to the wrong person if he's after a convincing wig. I'll never understand why some men feel the need to wear a wig for.
    RayRidley wrote: »
    6 years and 14 pages on...am surprised no-one has mentioned....Paul McCartney ! - 70 this year ! (Or am I being sacriligeous here?)

http://baldouting.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/paul-mccartney.html

I recall McCartney's appearance on the X Factor 2 or 3 seasons ago - the cameras were kept so far back from the stage you could barely make him out !
    Butterface wrote: »
    Yeah, Cliff's hair is very suspect. And the colour? It's some sort of gingery/auburn/brown.

Odd hairstyle too for a 71-year-old man. :p

I thought when watching the Joobley concert some weeks ago now that Cliff now shows his age. Either hair dye or a wig. Paul McCartney deffo a wig. Both have faces that are cracking and crumpling in, time to stop touring now guys.

As for Elton, his hair has ALWAYS been a joke. His voice is now markedly different and not very good now from his hey day. I wouldn't pay a penny to go to one of his concerts now, a tribute band would be a better investment to go and see.

Tom Jones has embraced his age and his hair colour and is the best looking now of them all, for his age.

As for me, I now have a large bald spot on the top of my head, but at least I can't see it when I look in the mirror. And my brother who is five years younger than me is now bald so I guess I'm not doing too badly.

Why shouldn't men try and hide their baldness? Women have been making themselves look attractive all of their lives since they were teens with makeup and hair dye and fake lashes etc. It really is a shock to see your girlfriend for the first time without all of her make up on, that's the test of a relationship, lol! At least with a bloke the girl knows what she's getting right from the start! ;)