super shiny hair

2»

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I assume the Fairy liquid tip works principally as a clarifying shampoo. If you're worried about the effects of it perhaps go for an actual clarifying shampoo.

Yeah that is basically it. Fairy is not for me, I don't like my hair looking like straw and thus will certainly eliminate any possibility of "shine!" :D
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A woman I worked with used fairy on her hair and it was never the same again - it looked dreadful no matter what she tried to do with it - it just went really fluffy and seriously lacked shine.

I love shiny hair - nothing worse than crispy dry dull hair. I use Lee Stafford Sexxxy Hair in a can shine spray - only a little mind and I rub a drop of argan oil between palms and run that through my hair with great results.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    I'll let you know how it goes.

well, I have just spent 2 hours putting the treatment on, it was pretty straightforward, the back was a bit tricky but I managed, blow drying with the treatment on was strange as it didn't seem to want to dry, but it did (eventually)
    straightening was easy enough, the hardest part for me now is to not wash it off, I, worried about how greasy it might look tomorrow, but its the weekend so I dont have to go anywhere I suppose.
    Ill update when I have washed it off and styled it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done :D

No tying it back or tucking it behind your ears remember, if you do develop any kinks just run the straighteners over again.
    Forum Member
    What's it like after sleeping on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly ok, I only went over a few bits after the first night, was fine after that.
    Forum Member
    Surprisingly ok, I only went over a few bits after the first night, was fine after that.

fingers crossed :D
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Is this a genuine post or a troll post? I can't tell! I've never heard of it before but I'm rather intrigued!

I've been called a lot of things, but never a Troll :) I am not joking about this, it really does work for me and it has worked for others that I have mentioned it to. I notice that someone said it ruined a friends hair. I wonder if they did not rinse it out enough, it does take more rinsing than shampoo. I do use a conditioner afterwards. Have been using Fairy Liquid for years and have lovely healthy shiny, soft hair, despite it being grey underneath the colouring.
    Forum Member
    fingers crossed :D

I can wash my hair tomorrow yeah !!

I cant bloody wait It feels so lank and greasy I did spray a bit of dry shampoo on this morning as I had to go out, I am so looking forward to washing and styling tomorrow, hopefully it will be worth it and hopefully the dry shampoo wont have had an effect.
    Forum Member
    Well I have washed my hair this morning left it to dry naturally and to my surprise I have perfect smooth shiny soft poker straight hair. I am over the moon. I am so glad I started this thread and found out about this keratin kit. It was a complete success. Massive thanks x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's brill choco, so pleased it worked for you...just wait till you get caught in the rain for the first time, it's thrilling! :D
    Forum Member
    Oh that's brill choco, so pleased it worked for you...just wait till you get caught in the rain for the first time, it's thrilling! :D

Why what do you mean?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been called a lot of things, but never a Troll :) I am not joking about this, it really does work for me and it has worked for others that I have mentioned it to. I notice that someone said it ruined a friends hair. I wonder if they did not rinse it out enough, it does take more rinsing than shampoo. I do use a conditioner afterwards. Have been using Fairy Liquid for years and have lovely healthy shiny, soft hair, despite it being grey underneath the colouring.

Thanks:) (I didn't mean to call you a troll, I meant to write 'joke post' but either my phone corrected it or I wasn't paying attention:))
    Forum Member
    Why what do you mean?

I would imagine it means that even though it's raining your hair will remain straight, no reversion and no frizz! Can't be bad! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    I would imagine it means that even though it's raining your hair will remain straight, no reversion and no frizz! Can't be bad! ;)

Exactly! :D
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would this work for fine hair? I have naturally wavy find hair and the slightest bit of moisture and it starts kinking, it drives me mad
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »

Ah I see in that case I'm looking forward to it raining. I'm interested to see what it will be like tomorrow after sleeping on it.

Kookie I would say it would be fine. My hair is quite fine but with an annoying wave and frizz if left to dry naturally and it has given perfect results. I would guess it gives better results than it would on thicker hair or really curly hair.
    Forum Member
    Would this work for fine hair? I have naturally wavy find hair and the slightest bit of moisture and it starts kinking, it drives me mad

Yeah I'm sure lots of fine haired ladies successfully do a BKT. You've got to ask yourself whether you think your hair can a) withstand the chemicals and b) whether it can withstand the searing heat of the straighteners. If your hair is breaking I would leave well alone until the damage is repaired.

Also bear in mind that the BKT hair will go back to it's normal texture eventually so you will need to re-do it at some point. The good thing about BKT is it's full of keratin (protein strengtheners) which will make your hair strong and resilient. I wish I could do it but I already chemically process my hair...
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocoholic, many thanks for the updates. So pleased it has worked for you! I've not done mine yet as I'm growing out an undercut at the nape of my neck. This summer however, is D Day!

Can you please keep me updated with how it's lasting?

Also, one more question on this, when you have to re do it, do you just do the roots or re apply the keratin all over the hair again?
    Forum Member
    Of course ill update you. I would say it would all need doing not just the roots. I hopefully should get 3 months and would definitely do it again.