Geri Halliwell

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    You went to the show tonight?

If you are dismissing my opinion because I am not a fan, is it not equally valid to dismiss yours because you are? After all, we are both as equally biased?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not making an awful lot of sense...

I'm making perfect sense. It's obvious you've never seen the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SND3v0i9uhE 3.39 in.
  • tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not making an awful lot of sense...

If I had a choice of people to hang around with Geri Halliwell and Britney Spears would be top of my list. Both insane, but guaranteed a fun time.

We'd drink green tea and sing into a hairbrush pretending we're Madonna. ;)
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are dismissing my opinion because I am not a fan, is it not equally valid to dismiss yours because you are? After all, we are both as equally biased?

No, I just presumed that you had been to the show tonight as after I said that she had done well in Singin' In The Rain this evening and that people should reserve judgement until they have seen it air on TV, you replied that you had seen it and it was rubbish. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had a choice of people to hang around with Geri Halliwell and Britney Spears would be top of my list. Both insane, but guaranteed a fun time.

We'd drink green tea and sing into a hairbrush pretending we're Madonna. ;)

Join the party!
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I just presumed that you had been to the show tonight as after I said that she had done well in Singin' In The Rain this evening and that people should reserve judgement until they have seen it air on TV, you replied that you had seen it and it was rubbish. :confused:

No sweetie, you said:
    Reserve judgement on her vocal ability until you have seen it..
    And I said I have. It's rubbish.

Hope that clears it up for you.
  • tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow, just wow. :D

Do you have the 'after' pic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that clears it up for you.

I said:
    She appeared in Singin' In The Rain......

I then added - in the same post:
    Reserve judgement on her vocal ability until you have seen it..

You clearly have trouble with basic comprehension as I was quite clearly talking about tonight's performance - not past performances you may have seen.

Understand now?

Please read more carefully in future - take your time if you need to :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said:

I then added - in the same post:

You clearly have trouble with basic comprehension as I was quite clearly talking about tonight's performance - not past performances you may have seen.

Understand now?

Please read more carefully in future - take your time if you need to :-)

Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick........:D :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick........:D :D

Sloppiness is never acceptable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloppiness is never acceptable.

Judging by her acting performances, no, it isn't. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocnDq0Kurg

She makes Kim Cattrall look like an Oscar winner. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by her acting performances, no, it isn't. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gocnDq0Kurg

She makes Kim Cattrall look like an Oscar winner. :D

Got her an awful lot of attention though, didn't it...

Job done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow. :D

Do you have the 'after' pic?

of course
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got her an awful lot of attention though, didn't it...

Job done.

Hitler got a lot of attention, the Yorkshire Ripper got a lot of attention - and so on and so on.

Geri needs to sue her plastic surgeon, her eyes look like they're popping out of her skull in these latest pics :eek::o

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQqQIoADAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-2223282%2FGeri-Halliwell-joins-musical-cast-Singin-Rain-Children-Need.html%3Fito%3Dfeeds-newsxml&ei=ls6JUN-EJePJ0QW6ooDICw&usg=AFQjCNFcaIsI3IJM8VugXllWZLcwzUm7iA&sig2=1K4Szfi04b17_d-IYMgRIA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually hilarious that most of the consistent Geri bashers here are around 40 years old and female....

Could it be jealousy?

Post some pictures of yourself, Julie. Let's all have a good look at a close up of your face!

'Calling someone ugly doesn't make you any prettier'
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually hilarious that most of the consistent Geri bashers here are around 40 years old and female....

Could it be jealousy?

Post some pictures of yourself, Julie. Let's all have a good look at a close up of your face!

Where did I call Geri ugly, Kenny? ;)

Do you not agree that GH has had work done that makes her eyes look scarily poppy?

And I don't need to post a pic of myself, I'm not famous, so there is no need to scrutinise me :)

As for jealous of Ms Halliwell........Put it this way, I'm in awe of beautiful women like Beyonce, Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron - if I was going to be envious of any female, those 3 would the type of woman that would make me green eyed, not Geri ;)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually hilarious that most of the consistent Geri bashers here are around 40 years old and female....Could it be jealousy?

Just like the woman herself;)

Wondered how long it would be before the 'jealousy' 'argument' reared its pathetic head.

Seriously, there are many, many celebs to be envious of. Geri is not one of them. She is moderately attractive; she can't seem to sustain a relationship, she is a single Mother and her singing ability is weak. Her overall talent is EXTREMELY limited and her forays into acting were beyond laughable (SATC anyone)?

If I was going to be 'jealous' of any celebs it would be people like Cate Blanchett who are beautiful and talented - not some washed up singer who can barely hold a tune together.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like the woman herself;)

Wondered how long it would be before the 'jealousy' 'argument' reared its pathetic head.

Seriously, there are many, many celebs to be envious of. Geri is not one of them. She is moderately attractive; she can't seem to sustain a relationship, she is a single Mother and her singing ability is weak. Her overall talent is EXTREMELY limited and her forays into acting were beyond laughable (SATC anyone)?

If I was going to be 'jealous' of any celebs it would be people like Cate Blanchett who are beautiful and talented - not some washed up singer who can barely hold a tune together.

............and Amen to that.:D

Appreciation threads nauseate me and this isn't one.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny -

You vociferously defend The Spice Girls and Geri but you are VERY critical of Gary Barlow.

If anybody who criticises Geri and points out her (many) flaws is jealous - then your constant criticism of Gary Barlow would lead me to believe that you are incredibly jealous of him.

Or does it only work when someone criticises Princess Geri?

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they are jealous.

A lot of similarly aged women on this forum seem to have a distinct whisper of bitterness about them towards Geri.

Perhaps it's because whilst they are still living in a terraced street in Watford or similar - Geri has managed to claw her way up to become a part of pop history, a global icon and multi-millionairess - all with arguably quite average ability.

Don't hate the player - hate the game!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they are jealous.

A lot of similarly aged women on this forum seem to have a distinct whisper of bitterness about them towards Geri.
    Perhaps it's because whilst they are still living in a terraced street in Watford or similar - Geri has managed to claw her way up to become a part of pop history, a global icon and multi-millionairess - all with arguably quite average ability.

Don't hate the player - hate the game!

You haven't answered my question about Gary Barlow.

You are clearly VERY jealous of his success if anybody who criticises Geri is jealous of her - that's the logical argument and I'd like to hear you try and refute it.

How are things in your terraced street in Watford?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny -

You vociferously defend The Spice Girls and Geri but you are VERY critical of Gary Barlow.

If anybody who criticises Geri and points out her (many) flaws is jealous - then your constant criticism of Gary Barlow would lead me to believe that you are incredibly jealous of him.

Or does it only work when someone criticises Princess Geri?

;)

I'm nowhere near Gary Barlow's age honey! For shame!! :eek:

My problem with Gary Barlow isn't jealousy - it's the fact that his over-inflated sense of achievement and importance is extremely irksome...

His group have sold half the amount of records that The Spice Girls have... his solo career was a total flop whereas Geri sold 12 million records yet he has recently seen fit to publicly mock and criticise Geri in interviews. Something that Geri, for all her annoying qualities, would never do.

I have also heard too many stories about him for it to be coincidence. In my opinion, this is not a very nice man. Despite his public persona in the UK.

Geri may be annoying and as mad as a box of frogs but her heart is in the right place and she doesn't kick others when they're down... even though she's had many opportunities to do so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't answered my question about Gary Barlow.

You are clearly VERY jealous of his success if anybody who criticises Geri is jealous of her - that's the logical argument and I'd like to hear you try and refute it.

How are things in your terraced street in Watford?

I've answered you - I was referring to the women of a similar age to Geri who seem to dislike her for the simple reason that "that wasn't them"!

Some people just don't like Geri or her music, and that's fine!

I've explained above why I criticize Gary Barlow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm nowhere near Gary Barlow's age honey! For shame!! :eek:

My problem with Gary Barlow isn't jealousy - it's the fact that his over-inflated sense of achievement and importance is extremely irksome...

His group have sold half the amount of records that The Spice Girls have... his solo career was a total flop whereas Geri sold 12 million records yet he has recently seen fit to publicly mock and criticise Geri in interviews. Something that Geri, for all her annoying qualities, would never do.

I have also heard too many stories about him for it to be coincidence. In my opinion, this is not a very nice man. Despite his public persona in the UK.

Geri may be annoying and as mad as a box of frogs but her heart is in the right place and she doesn't kick others when they're down... even though she's had many opportunities to do so!

You're jealous because you haven't got his money - just like we're all jealous because we haven't got hers...

You make a helluva lot of assumptions about her critics so I'm going to make the same about you. Your argument is not logical. You've given reasons why you dislike Barlow - just as we;ve given reasons for disliking Halliwell. I personally think she's talentless, dull, needy and a very lonely woman - that's my perogative - doesn't make me jealous. It's a very childish argument with no basis in reality.

As for record sales - Mr Blobby is one of the best selling single UK artists of all time.:D
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why all the bile.

She made alot of people very happy and continues to do so.