Personal Legal Protection

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
Forum Member
✭✭
Both my house and car insurance are due up this month and both policies mention personal legal protection at an extra cost of £17 and £30.
Is it worth paying for this extra policy and also what is the difference between the house and car legal protection?

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    Both my house and car insurance are due up this month and both policies mention personal legal protection at an extra cost of £17 and £30.
    Is it worth paying for this extra policy and also what is the difference between the house and car legal protection?

What does it tell you the Personal Protection covers?
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At a guess, the house policy would cover advice, and maybe legal support, in cases of :

householder third party liability
    consumer problems - household goods and services
    problems at work - notice, redundancy, tribunals.

While the car cover might include:

dealing with summonses or parking tickets
    consumer problems - motoring goods and services.

The company should have spelled out the areas covered, and whether the cover includes legal work (writing letters, going to court) or merely advice.

As to whether it's worth paying, only you can judge that. The cost is small compared to possible losses, even though the probability of needing it may be very low.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The legal cover on my car insurance covers me should I injure someone and they sue. It would cover court costs and compensation etc. I think for all the extra it is, it is worth paying.