Which companies pay employees weekly?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know of companies that pay there employees weekly?

I know argos do, and just out of curiosity would like to know some other companies that do this. Thanks

Comments

• SteUKSteUK Posts: 5,834
    Forum Member
    jillions wrote: »

I know argos do, and just out of curiosity would like to know some other companies that do this. Thanks
    Sorry i'm not sure who does, but I know one that DOESN'T - Asda! They pay every 4 weeks exactly, so 13 times a year.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My company pays it's employees weakly!(sic) Very weakly IMO;) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    greggs north east pays weekly!!

which is good tbh!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    i prefer monthly, that way it seems like your getting more...and you don't spend it all at once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Sometimes I'd like to be paid weekly, but I also like pay day at the end of the month. It makes me feel all warm inside :p

Weekly would be better, though. That way you would probably be less stupid and not get yourself so skint.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of smaller companies still do.

I'd plump for a weekly wage, paid in notes in a brown envelope, if I could.
  • slade1slade1 Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At our place we get paid weekly and always have been. We had a vote if we wanted to go monthly and weekly won with 100% votes!!
  • Vic MackeyVic Mackey Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember someone telling me that by being paid monthly I was only getting 12 pay packets a year and so was losing out on not getting it 4 weekly!!
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electrical contractors get paid weekly, the few ive worked for that is.

My dads a bin man for the local council, always been paid every 2 weeks.
  • well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Newsagents pay their paperboys/girls weekly, any good?
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my experience, anyone who gets paid an hourly rate - rather than a salary - tends to get weekly payments.
  • Mr PringleMr Pringle Posts: 6,469
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Espresso, that does sound about right. I get paid monthly because I'm salaried - although, in all honesty, I'd rather it be weekly (as it goes straight into a bank account, anyway).
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on your grade in my company - they pay platform staff weekly, but anyone in an administration or supervisory grade and above get paid four-weekly.
  • DNZ711DNZ711 Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work casual for East Riding Council and get paid every Wednesday night at midnight, Lovely!!

Its great for me because as a student it means I dont have to touch my loan as I can quite easily live on my wages. But contracted staff do get paid 4 weekly.

Do comapnies pay 4 weekly because with 100's thousands of pounds of OUR money sitting in the bank it earns a nice bit of interest??

I think if companies paid weekly people would need lass loans and credit cards as the bills build up and the majority of salaried earnings dissapear as soon as it comes in!

I know now I earn weekly my money situation seems more relaxed and I have more cash.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    i get paid 4 weekly and i like it, apart from trying to juggle direct debits about every few months

but it can be a pain when i have been paid in the middle of the month and my mates dont get paid til the end, can make organising a night out a nightmare sometimes
    the other downside is i should have a free wage to myself but it never works out like that
  • keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    In my experience, anyone who gets paid an hourly rate - rather than a salary - tends to get weekly payments.

I have worked in a number of jobs with an hourly rate & been paid monthly, including my current employment (HMV)
  • GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    In my experience thaat's rarely the case.

The only time I've been paid weekly was at Safeway. I previously got paid monthly from an hourly wage, I currently get paid monthly from a saleried wage plus an hourly rate for overtime.
    Some of our drivers and stores staff get weekly paid, but that's becuase they are historically on different contracts (different companies) - but the company os in the process of moving everyone onto monthly.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    i remember once in my last job we had a problem with the banks so i as paid in cash unlike everyone else.

that wasthe most 20 pound notes i had ever seem at once i didnt want to let the envelope outta my site

and considering i was paid in the morning it was a long day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i work for a large supermarket and we get paid every 4 weeks i thought very few people got paid weekly because of security issues