The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish Alex would do the sport relief single! Or something like that!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mememee wrote: »
    Wish Alex would do the sport relief single! Or something like that!

That's usually done by desperate acts like The Wanted, JLS, The Saturdays etc....Alexandra does take part in these events, but I think it's better that she doesn't release singles for them...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know. Could wreck her credibility! Look at what's happened with JLS...doesn't always guarantee a hit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has that stupid fan pissed off David now? I'll be so mad if they have because he's such a reliable source of information....he doesn't sound happy on twitter though...all thanks to those stupid comments someone was making....:rolleyes:
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Has that stupid fan pissed off David now? I'll be so mad if they have because he's such a reliable source of information....he doesn't sound happy on twitter though...all thanks to those stupid comments someone was making....:rolleyes:

Some fans are going to be eager for new music from Alex, David is very good to fans and gives us as much information as he possibly can without ruining it for Alex but because he does give out information he's obviously gonna have 'fans' who will pester him for information like single premier date etc.

But you don't see them pestering Alex's sister or other brother, it's just because he has previously gave out information so they expect it ALL the time and IMMEDIATELY which isn't always the case.

Only probs a few weeks max to wait so people need to be patient.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Some fans are going to be eager for new music from Alex, David is very good to fans and gives us as much information as he possibly can without ruining it for Alex but because he does give out information he's obviously gonna have 'fans' who will pester him for information like single premier date etc.

But you don't see them pestering Alex's sister or other brother, it's just because he has previously gave out information so they expect it ALL the time and IMMEDIATELY which isn't always the case.

Only probs a few weeks max to wait so people need to be patient.

Agreed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS are now back up to #8 probs cos of their performance last night on Sport Relief but, if they had #5 on the first midweeks, and have since fallen out of the top 10 and just re-entered back in, do we think they will even get #5 on the official chart tomorrow? I hope not. lol.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    JLS are now back up to #8 probs cos of their performance last night on Sport Relief but, if they had #5 on the first midweeks, and have since fallen out of the top 10 and just re-entered back in, do we think they will even get #5 on the official chart tomorrow? I hope not. lol.

I think they'll be round 7/8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll be round 7/8

Hope so. I hope it doesn't sound mean because I know it's a charity single but at the end of the day, JLS fan's need a reality check, they need to understand that JLS aren't better or more successful than Alex, so then they can shut up and stop saying it. :D
    Forum Member
    Cher Llloyd is going for the US with an album that didn't do extremely well, so i'm confident RCAare ready to give her that push
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher Llloyd is going for the US with an album that didn't do extremely well, so i'm confident RCAare ready to give her that push

She's on Syco who ever since Alex left have been fixated on pushing all their acts to America...1D, Rebecca and now Cher. I just hope Alexandra is next...we don't know whether her US deal is still with Epic or not so I guess we'll just have to wait until she's ready to say....oddly David has said nothing on the matter either....so either things are currently being worked out or there is just no plan at all...
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    She's on Syco who ever since Alex left have been fixated on pushing all their acts to America...1D, Rebecca and now Cher. I just hope Alexandra is next...we don't know whether her US deal is still with Epic or not so I guess we'll just have to wait until she's ready to say....oddly David has said nothing on the matter either....so either things are currently being worked out or there is just no plan at all...

I don't think she's with Epic, she's most likely signed to RCA USA.

Also what do you guys think of Jessie's collab with David Guetta? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I don't think she's with Epic, she's most likely signed to RCA USA.

Also what do you guys think of Jessie's collab with David Guetta? :)

Hmmm....she hasn't announced anything other than she has a US deal....surely if she signed a new deal it would have leaked out? The Syco/RCA transfer did eventually....plus it would be good PR for it to leak imo...

Jessie J's song is just a copy of Titanium....even the guitar sounds the same.....if Alex does a song with D.Guetta it would be cool if it had a Without You or When Love Takes Over style production....something dancey but still shows off her vocals...
    Forum Member
    Hmmm....she hasn't announced anything other than she has a US deal....surely if she signed a new deal it would have leaked out? The Syco/RCA transfer did eventually....plus it would be good PR for it to leak imo...

Jessie J's song is just a copy of Titanium....even the guitar sounds the same.....if Alex does a song with D.Guetta it would be cool if it had a Without You or When Love Takes Over style production....something dancey but still shows off her vocals...

That's exactly what I want! :D

Alex has posted a blog:
    Sup #Beasties! Thought I’d write a quick msg for you all. First of all I hear the sun is shining hard in England! Whoop! Smiles all around!
    Just for those who are asking.. The second single is soon on its way! I can’t wait for you all to hear it! I’m shooting the video in a couple of weeks! Watch this space for more details!
    Can’t wait to see you all! Again, thanks to everyone who has shown mad love for elephant! It meant so much! Thank you all for your continuous support xx

I'm hoping for a very colourful video with lots of lighting, this time. :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I want! :D

I'm hoping for a very colourful video with lots of lighting, this time. :D:p

Haha...her voice is too good to be wasted on something like Who's That Chick...even though it would be good...

I'm just hoping she has more than one location for the video! Preferably in the US...high budget videos help set the tone for the era....I hope one day she works with Ray Kay on a video....maybe for her US single....that guy makes the best music videos tbh. I keep saying it but it would be so awesome. I hope RCA give her a bigger budget.....
    Forum Member
    Haha...her voice is too good to be wasted on something like Who's That Chick...even though it would be good...

I'm just hoping she has more than one location for the video! Preferably in the US...high budget videos help set the tone for the era....I hope one day she works with Ray Kay on a video....maybe for her US single....that guy makes the best music videos tbh. I keep saying it but it would be so awesome. I hope RCA give her a bigger budget.....

Yeah it's essential that RCA give her a bigger budget this time, I think with Elephant they were unsure how it would fare in the charts so they decided to lower the budget for the video. Now that Alex's proved to them that she can produce a hit, I'm expecting big things for the video for the second single. :D

Elephant has risen to 12 on itunes (up 1 ) :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's essential that RCA give her a bigger budget this time, I think with Elephant they were unsure how it would fare in the charts so they decided to lower the budget for the video. Now that Alex's proved to them that she can produce a hit, I'm expecting big things for the video for the second single. :D

GREAT!

Elephant is nearing the 1.6 million views :D
    Forum Member
    Been playing Start Without You a lot today :D
    Forum Member

It's practicly summer so we should be playing it loooouuud!
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Start Without You may be cheesy but it never gets old. I could listen to it over and over.
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Start Without You may be cheesy but it never gets old. I could listen to it over and over.

Exactly. :D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

Nope. It wasn't entirely cheap, the dancers would've cost. They're using the money for promo I bet. That's what they have to do. If radio had got on board, she'd sell like hot cakes, it's doing well for a #42 on radio airplay, and it's still rising. I think if they have a global launch to think about, things must be cut. I'm having a nice discussion on the music forum:) Well...ish...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »

Same! Though I am addicted to What Happens On The Dancefloor at the moment.....Alexandra and Gabe's voices go really well imo...:)
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Same! Though I am addicted to What Happens On The Dancefloor at the moment.....Alexandra and Gabe's voices go really well imo...:)

Like that one too. I'm surprised they didn't consider it as a single.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is so creepy. I was just reading this when SWY came on my Ipod via shuffle. :eek::eek:

I have the awful multicoloured artwork though. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.