Introducing myself.....hello fellow eastenders fans.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
Hello everyone hope your well, i wanted to introduce myself here (since i will mainly be posting here (pls dont move my thread dear mods)

Ok firstly about me, i am technicaly just roaming. i created this nick to satisfy the part of me which likes to write what i think about certain storylines and characters etc.

i do not take myself to seriously online, in that am only here to have a good time, enjoy discussions, healthy debates etc
i do not care for grammar mistakes etc as i am not here to get graded for an english paper. so pardon me if my writing skills are not always up to par. i am finger lazy so can not be asked to spell characters names with a capital letter all the time.

what else can i say about myself...thats relevant to the forums. i like to laugh and have a rare sense of humour. for example the last time i laughed out loud at eastenders.

was when Alice was telling derek how she had no family and all of a sudden now she has 'uncles, grandparents, aunts, cousins, neices and nephews'

to which derek replied ' I know sweetheart and we are right at the centre of it' LOL
my brother and i were laughing so hard. it wasnt what he said. it was his delusion.

i am the type of forummer who likes to say what i think. i do not intentionaly seek to hurt, ridicule, or belittle others.
as i know there are real people behind each screen.

what i dont tolerate is smart aleks who get of on making others look stupid. two people ganging up on one person because of their opinion. etc

i have been reading the forums for about a year before i joined so i am fairly familiar with some members.
my favs on eastenders reviews is Angelic Princess as i tend to agree with most of the points she makes.

another favorite of mine is PrincessPerfect your posts are just sooooo perfect to read whilst enjoying my guilty pleasures! lol (u been pretty peed of lately! huh)

i decided to join the forums so that i can post my views on storylines etc, I only watch eastenders so i will be commenting about this show only.

the type of fan i am is very basic, i watch the soap for entertainment purposes only. i am not a fan of any of the actors. so do not care for news about any of them outside the soap. (keeping it real) i dont care what awards eastenders wins. unless of course i happen to come across the awards show. I guess i then perfer eastenders to win in every catergory.

what else? i dont care for its ratings, who writes each episode or who the current producer is. all i care for is when i switch on, is that i enjoy the storylines. (cant say i have lately but oh well it has its moments. i watch it mainly out of habit now)

hope this suffices as an introduction, i was gonna post about what i thought of todays ep. but instead in the next post here i will write what i think of each character so you guys can get to know my take on things. as i know most of yours.....

Till the next episode PEACE.

Comments

• HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, its mental at times but you're end up loving it :)
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to DS :). I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here and debating with FMs. I'm a bit like you in that I don't take myself that seriously online and like to have a laugh with other posters, usually about the madness of soaps :D. Though, that hasn't stopped me from getting involved in heated debates from time to time :o. But I do try to avoid them mostly and just have pleasant, humourous conversations with people. I like to think of DS as a place of relaxation :cool:.

Yes, AngelicPrincess and PrincessPerfect are two great posters. Always good to read their comments. Felixrex, Priscilla, Maurice45, Aaron1995, los.kav, Cobwebsoup, JoyofPat, Lotty27 and Katrina K are very, very good posters as well. I like to think I am too :D.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome, nice to meet a new member.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Michael............. i find him funny and intimidating as a character, his that person who can make u feel stupid just by the way he looks at you. take tonights ep his grin and stares at roxy behind the bar as alfie went to fetch for some lemons. lols
    I like michael as he isnt predictable. he says a lot in one line or should i say one smirk.

Janine............no contest my fav character of the show, i like her when shes nice, n when shes bitchy. her character isnt forced and is believable to me. making her rich was the smartest thing eastenders did.

Sharon............her and jack just so forced, the fact that i cant talk about her in her own right is very sad. as she has lost her spark and personality. what happened to the old sharon. i find her more interesting with phil.

Phil........can anyone say the hand which rocked the cradle.. lol this guy never bores me. in all his storylines i feel to come through the screen and smack him. then when his kind or in a bad way dare i say it, but i feel for him.

Ian...... been through a lot lately but i miss the up him self ian. he was more interesting to watch.

Lola.......her story is sad to watch. how is it in lexis best interest to be separated from her mother who clearly loves her so much. social services in this story line seriously!
    a bit hot headed, but lolas heart is in the right place. i want to see her come up on top on this one.

billy............i feel sorry for him also. he is very trusting and deserves a break. i was hoping life smiles at him lola and lexi. it would be interesting to watch billy independent and financialy secure.

Roxy...........Inside shes dying, she loves Alfie genuinely but played her cards all wrong. ended up the insecure rebound, when she could have had more class in taking.
    her feelings her justified in her insecurity as Alfie is still in love with, that slapper wife of his. However what was rox thinking moving in so quickly, declaring her love so quickly, shes gonna get hurt badly. and i do care about her to some extent (putting her past aside) in this storyline only i care about roxy the most.

Alfie.............is just to sad for words to describe, Kat is coming across better in the separation than he is. She can enjoy her singledom more easily. Alfie is still pining for her. and using roxy to 'move on' is unfair. no doubt its hard to fall out of love so quickly. but theres trying and then theres faking to try whilst deep down still wanting her. Alfie is doing the latter. i dont think divorcing kat is gonna prove anything.
    this guy just cant be without kat. which is sad because they have lost their spark. putting this storyline aside. i find alfie to be kind but annoying. his nature is to hyped up. and his banter gets on my wick!

Kat.............better on her own without a shadow of doubt. her duo with bianca is more refreshing to watch, than her union with alfie. shes more old skool kat. as a character i like kat because she has personality. and plays her role naturally.
    with alfie theres just something wrong. how can you love someone sooo much yet cheat on them four times. and get pregnant by his cousin. Kat emotionaly tortured Alfie but the fool wants to go back for more. when you love someone sincerely you feel them, you hurt when they hurt, not be the cause of the hurt.

Masood.............i dont agree his breaking it off with zainab was the wrong decision. its been coming for a long time. i actually believe this was subtle. Masood deep down is a no drama good guy. zainab was never the one for him. from the day they arrived there were signs that mas was not happy with her persona. some claim he loved her for it, i say he put up with it. and simply just chose to focus on the other things he loved. but in the end as happens in reality. what he put up with and hid away. consumed him internally. until what he loved no longer mattered.
    i do not think mas has any feelings for ayeesha. she was just a reason to make him be real with himself. the water feature issue. was the straw which broke the camels back. it wasnt about the dumb fountain. but zainabs inability to respect and honour her husband. the way she belittled n humiliated him through out their marriage is discusting. i blame zainab for the breakdown of her marriage. masood isnt perfect but i believe all his wrongs would never have been had she been right.

Tanya.............deserves everything she gets, i honestly feel nothing for her. homewrecker got owned through a legitimate union. she is selfish and honestly.......the victim? no way.

Kirsty............team kirsty all the way, i dont think this woman has done anything wrong. she suits max much better than tanya. i like kirsty as she comes across more human than tanya. but her introduction could have had more class. she should have come back with max's child. it would cement her to the square more. and complete her union with max.

Max.............the only time i ever rated him was telling Tanya the truth that made her run away loool

peace folks

(to tired to finish the rest)
    Forum Member
    thanks guys for the welcome.

my favs on eastenders reviews is Angelic Princess .

Ok ok ok now this is a mistake that even i cant tolerate heh!
    i meant ARE.....i should proof read more often.

T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Felixrex, Priscilla, Maurice45, Aaron1995, los.kav, Cobwebsoup, JoyofPat, Lotty27 and Katrina K are very, very good posters as well. I like to think I am too :D.

I have seen you around, you know what stands out with you lol is your impatience with mona lisa when it comes to shirly
    loool cracks me up. and i rate mona lisa for sticking to her guns. it takes a lot of character to stick to your views despite the obvious.

am looking forward to meeting her.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Aww how and welcome. It was really interesting to your summation of the characters. I am with you about ratings, never needed other people to tell me what to do enjoy, I know what I like. I sometimes wish I had kept it real ie never met the actors or read up about their real life stuff as keeping it real is probably a much more enjoyable experience for the show overall. But I am now in the bad habit. Look forward to views on the storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks guys for the welcome.

I have seen you around, you know what stands out with you lol is your impatience with mona lisa when it comes to shirly
    loool cracks me up. and i rate mona lisa for sticking to her guns. it takes a lot of character to stick to your views despite the obvious.

am looking forward to meeting her.

Lol :o:D. Honestly, I don't mean to be impatient with Mona. Often I try to cut the debate short because I know it's never gonna end :eek: :D. I always say, "Case closed" at the end of my posts to make the point clear, but she don't listen lol. I mean no harm really though :). Glad I was able to crack you up :D.

Indeed. It does take a lot of character to stick to your views, especially when there are so many people that disagree with you.

I'm sure you and Mona will have some great discussions once you meet :cool:.
    Forum Member
    Lol :o:D. Honestly, I don't mean to be impatient with Mona. Often I try to cut the debate short because I know it's never gonna end :eek: :D. I always say, "Case closed" at the of my posts to make the point clear, but she don't listen lol. I mean no harm really though :). Glad I was able to crack you up :D.

Indeed. It does take a lot of character to stick to your views, especially when there are so many people that disagree with you.

I'm sure you and Mona will have some great discussions once you meet :cool:.

LOOOL no man allow me, i would die............i wouldnt handle monalisa on shirly. this is why your posts cracked me up. i read your replies and its like i could feel your frustration.

Mona Lisa Shirly and Phil all the way sweetie;)
    Forum Member
    Aww how and welcome. It was really interesting to your summation of the characters. I am with you about ratings, never needed other people to tell me what to do enjoy, I know what I like. I sometimes wish I had kept it real ie never met the actors or read up about their real life stuff as keeping it real is probably a much more enjoyable experience for the show overall. But I am now in the bad habit. Look forward to views on the storyline.

You! lol hey thanks for the welcome. i understand what you mean. i met jack once in edgware road. i was waiting to cross the road at traffic lights. so i looked twice to make sure it was him. and he tried to stand up straight like he was something special. i laughed and said no dont want an autograph loool his face was a picture.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welcome mate i hope you enjoy yourself
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    You! lol hey thanks for the welcome. i understand what you mean. i met jack once in edgware road. i was waiting to cross the road at traffic lights. so i looked twice to make sure it was him. and he tried to stand up straight like he was something special. i laughed and said no dont want an autograph loool his face was a picture.
    When you say Jack do you mean as in Scott Maslen or another actor called Jack? Either way that's hilarious talk about owning someone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOOOL no man allow me, i would die............i wouldnt handle monalisa on shirly. this is why your posts cracked me up. i read your replies and its like i could feel your frustration.

Mona Lisa Shirly and Phil all the way sweetie;)

Lol, now you're cracking me up! :D:D

So how many of the EE actors have you met then? I always like to hear people's stories on this topic as I've never seen or met any of them or any celebrities for that matter.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS. :D You don't have to mad to post here but it sure helps. Most everyone's mad around here. Enjoy the ride.
    Forum Member
    thanks everyone for the welcome.

LoL joyofpat thanks sweetheart
    When you say Jack do you mean as in Scott Maslen or another actor called Jack? Either way that's hilarious talk about owning someone.

lol AP (i meant scot yes, i swear i only know their names because of this forum.) i change the channel mostly straight after the duff duffs.

Lol, now you're cracking me up! :D:D

So how many of the EE actors have you met then? I always like to hear people's stories on this topic as I've never seen or met any of them or any celebrities for that matter.

I cant say met as i have never spoken to any of them.
    but heather use to babysit for my friends mother way back in the day. i have seen her during my teens (am in my twentys now) as she was leaving the house as my friend and i were arriving home. i didnt speak to her. i only remembered her when she showed up on eastenders lol.

already mentioned jack in a previous post.

as for other celebrities (THIS STORY has been told so many times lol because it shows i got game!)

in london way back in early 2000's when Tim westwood was really popular with his mix tapes. myself and two friends were at a club called capital in central london.

in the club i was sitting chilling, and one of my friends came back telling me ''oh my god tim westwood is here'

i thought she was seeing things. but then my other friend confirmed it when i looked up i saw him standing not far away. so my friend goes over to continue her conversation with him. she started pointing over where were sitting so he looks at me then walks over. says hello, so i greeted him back. i get shy at attention so after 3 mins or so of group talk i got up but didnt walk away. tim westwood stands up and started talking to me in my ear. he asked what my name was i told him.
    my friends were all over him lol but he kept paying attention to me. around 3am, he tells me his having a party in the weekend in hamstead and invites me and my friends to come. that weekend i was working so i said i couldnt. he then said 'thats a shame' so i replied 'no it isnt as i will be making double my daily pay on saturday' he started laughing. then i realised he meant its a shame i couldnt come to the party looooooooool honestly i am not slow usually.

when i realised i started laughing, then he asked if i could pop in just for an hour. i agreed, so he wrote down the address and his number.

my friends were happy as they wanted to go real badly.
    what happened? by the time i got home i no longer had the paper lol

would i have gone to the party in my work clothes? lol yes

i wasnt attracted to him like that, i just liked his Djing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS. You seem cool :cool:
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Welcome, you seem like a good poster.
    Forum Member
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Welcome, you seem like a good poster.

hey thanks :) mr woody
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Welcome to DS. You seem cool :cool:

:cool: oh for real lol
    thanks maurice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS. Cool username btw :cool:. As you can see I wasn't very original with mine, I just picked my first name and the year I was born in. :D

It was interesting to see your opinions on some of the EE characters. What is your opinion on Denise, if you don't mind me asking?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS:)

Glad you enjoy my posts!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiyaa :D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DS, hope you have a fun time posting and enjoy being a forum member :)
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome Just Roaming....
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum :) Your name reminds me of that old Vodafone ad (not a bad thing btw)

You look like you'll fit right in, the soaps forum is very friendly.

It's weird when you first start posting and you are talking to all these users who you've been reading for months/years, you feel like you already know them so it was nice to read your views on the show.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello, always good to see a new face.

Its a madhouse on here :p Both AP and PP do make excellent points and always good for healthy debate (sometimes not relating to EE- me and PP occasionally go on about Harry Potter, our own guilty pleasure :D

I'm a big Beale fan, particularly of Ian, Pauline and Mandy :p
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to DS :). I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here and debating with FMs. I'm a bit like you in that I don't take myself that seriously online and like to have a laugh with other posters, usually about the madness of soaps :D. Though, that hasn't stopped me from getting involved in heated debates from time to time :o. But I do try to avoid them mostly and just have pleasant, humourous conversations with people. I like to think of DS as a place of relaxation :cool:.

Yes, AngelicPrincess and PrincessPerfect are two great posters. Always good to read their comments. Felixrex, Priscilla, Maurice45, Aaron1995, los.kav, Cobwebsoup, JoyofPat, Lotty27 and Katrina K are very, very good posters as well. I like to think I am too :D.

Aren't you missing someone TK:D:p