How would you classify celebs - and what would be in what category?

ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Celebrity to me is an actor, singer, artist or politician even.

How would you define who is in what category on level on fame? This is mine:

A-list: Most Hollywood film stars, BIG singers e.g Madonna/Adele, The Queen/PM

B-list: TV actors e.g David Tennant/Sheridan Smith, emerging singers e.g Emeli Sande/Jessie J, people like George Osborne/Ed Millband.

C-list: Soap actors as its a VERY limited scope of acting, manufactured acts with short shelf-life e.g The Wanted and those who are retired e.g Patricia Routledge/Lord Tebbit.

Z-list: TOWIE/Big Brother and any other **** who has made themselves famous for doing nothing.

People in art, theatre and dance circles I would say are more C-list as they've a gift and talent.

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you've got it. I'd add to that D-list, for people who were C-list but are no longer doing what they were known for and end up on the likes of Celebrity Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity e.g. ex-soap stars, former boy/girlband singers, forgotten TV presenters.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right about the catorgories but they aren't all celebrities, they are famous.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add to the z-list anyone who is famous for absolutely no other reason than because they have a famous parent/sibling/'sexual partner', ie. Geldof sisters, Osbourne kids, Pippa, Imogen Thomas, Coleen Rooney etc.
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    Is this about level of fame, or a judgement on the celebs?

Some z-listers e.g The Kardashians, Jordan in her heyday, were far more well known than some of the people in the C list (or some of the B listers).
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My definition of an A list celebrity is someone my granny has heard of.