Quincy Jones set to sue Michael Jackson estate

2»

Comments

• denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CEThom wrote: »
    That is true to an extent, but it's worth remembering that much of Jackson's acclaim was for his innovation of the music video and his phenomenal live performances. Quincy can't be credited with those.

I do personally feel that some of Jackson's best music came after his collaborations with Quincy Jones, but would fully accept that he was less consistent. Then again, he only put out one full album post-Quincy before his addiction problems really kicked in, so it's not really a fair comparison.

BiB - where he mimes his way through is it ?

quite possibly the most overrated artist ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking about suing them myself. Could be a nice little earner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    BiB - where he mimes his way through is it ?

quite possibly the most overrated artist ever

He mimed on latter tours in the 1990s, where he was forced onto the road by his record company against his own wishes. He said after the Bad Tour that he never wanted to tour again, but was forced to complete two more two-year world tours for Sony. That's four years he spent on the road, when he'd specifically said he didn't want to be there anymore. Is it any wonder he put less effort into the shows?

To his credit, though, on one of those tours - Dangerous - he donated every cent of personal profit to charity. So he worked for two years for free, even though it was a job he hated.

However, his tours - solo and with his brothers - during the late 70s and the 80s were phenomenal. The only one which featured any miming at all was the second leg of Bad, on which about four tracks across each two-hour concert were mimed. Bad is probably his most celebrated tour - his first and certainly his best solo tour - but I think he was possibly on even better form on the Victory Tour with his brothers.

I can see why you would be confused about Jackson's performances, though, as up until last year none of his peak performances had ever been given a commercial release. Bizarrely, Sony chose to release the half-mimed Dangerous Tour on DVD almost a decade ago and then not follow it up with any of his truly incredible earlier performances on the Destiny, Triumph, Victory or Bad Tours.

You can now get a second leg Bad Tour DVD, from Wembley, where a minority of tracks are mimed but the rest of the performance is undeniably other-worldly. This clip where he embarks on a Mahalia Jackson style vocal freestyle is hair-raisingly good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEmQnv7Ss1o

Sadly, it seems unlikely that any of his other peak performances will ever be released as his Estate despises his family and sabotages all products which could benefit them in anyway. Instead they are apparently planning to release a 3D transfer of the HIStory Tour - the last and worst tour Jackson ever completed - where he was clearly out of shape by his usual standards, audibly suffering vocal problems and had to mime almost the entire gig.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    To his credit, though, on one of those tours - Dangerous - he donated every cent of personal profit to charity. So he worked for two years for free, even though it was a job he hated.

Not correct, as indicated by Paul Gongaware during the recent 'Wrongful Death' case brought by Katherine Jackson.

For a start there was no or very little profit. Maybe you should read the case as it gives an insight to the financing of tours/shows, what a promoter pays for and what an artist is expected to pay for.
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Not correct, as indicated by Paul Gongaware during the recent 'Wrongful Death' case brought by Katherine Jackson.

For a start there was no or very little profit. Maybe you should read the case as it gives an insight to the financing of tours/shows, what a promoter pays for and what an artist is expected to pay for.

Well he was certainly donating tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity at every stop on the tour. It was supposed to represent his profit. If you're saying he wasn't even making any profit, then even more credit to him.
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

My favourite bit was when evidence in the trial revealed that an employee Jackson had fired months earlier was called in by AEG days after Jackson's death to sign a document on Jackson's behalf, agreeing that Jackson should be culpable for all the production expenses. Unbelievable.
    Forum Member
    Well he was certainly donating tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity at every stop on the tour. It was supposed to represent his profit. If you're saying he wasn't even making any profit, then even more credit to him.

Why would you give him credit for giving away money that wasn't his ? Also the money given often had strings attached or not for what was declared publicly.

It doesn't mean to say he didn't hand over cheques for considerable sums of money.
    Forum Member
    My favourite bit was when evidence in the trial revealed that an employee Jackson had fired months earlier was called in by AEG days after Jackson's death to sign a document on Jackson's behalf, agreeing that Jackson should be culpable for all the production expenses. Unbelievable.

If you are referring to the meeting on 28 Jun 2009, I think you'll find that was called by John Branco, co-executor for the Estate. Tohme represented himself as an officer of Jackson's company. If you regard Tohme as a charlatan/evil/satan then it would be the sort of thing you'd expect him to do. Howard Weitzman long time attorney for Jackson agreed the Estate would reimburse AEG the production costs.

You may not like it but Jackson was a devious, manipulative and secretive person but a good father.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would perhaps have been nice for MJ to have managed his finances properly so that he could pay people who supplied products and services for him, rather than giving it all 'to charidee' and watching those people in many cases lose their livelihoods. It would also have meant he wasn't countless millions of dollars in debt to Sony and could therefore have told them to stick their tours up their arse...
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ was murdered for money..worth more to them dead then alive, notice how his downfall started and his name started getting dragged through the mud after he stopped working with quincy jones and took half of sonys money.. and the vultures are swooping now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt6zVypo72E
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    MJ was murdered for money..worth more to them dead then alive, notice how his downfall started and his name started getting dragged through the mud after he stopped working with quincy jones and took half of sonys money.. and the vultures are swooping now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt6zVypo72E

only a Michael Jackson fan would believe that , the normal people in society can see he was a hopeless drug addict demanding drugs and that is what killed him .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only a Michael Jackson fan would believe that , the normal people in society can see he was a hopeless drug addict demanding drugs and that is what killed him .

Im not an MJ fan (except for billie jean)

wake up!
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wake up!

He was no more murdered than Amy Winehouse was.

He was a serious drug addict who had been killing himself slowly for the best part of a quarter of a century.

Little wonder a number of reputable physicians ran a mile when asked to become MJ's Doctor for his comeback "This Is It" concerts at the O2, London before Dr. Conrad Murray took on MJ's care, because they quickly realized what a liability he was, and could end up in exactly the situation Dr Murray found himself in with an involuntary manslaughter charge against them.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was a serious drug addict who had been killing himself slowly for the best part of a quarter of a century.

Little wonder a number of reputable physicians ran a mile when asked to become MJ's Doctor for his comeback "This Is It" concerts at the O2, London before Dr. Conrad Murray took on MJ's care, because they quickly realized what a liability he was, and could end up in exactly the situation Dr Murray found himself in with an involuntary manslaughter charge against them.

Exactly. Murray was only the latest in a long line of enablers who were paid handsomely to indulge the every demand of a spoilt and very screwed up man who had lost touch with reality a long time ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

get real.

Conrad murray is there patsy, he does 2 years in prison. gets a fat pay off and a book deal for his troubles.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    It would perhaps have been nice for MJ to have managed his finances properly so that he could pay people who supplied products and services for him, rather than giving it all 'to charidee' and watching those people in many cases lose their livelihoods. It would also have meant he wasn't countless millions of dollars in debt to Sony and could therefore have told them to stick their tours up their arse...

^^^
    This!
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wake up!

Given this and your posts on the Chris Brown thread, I think you are the one that needs to wake up

Conspiracy theories are pure sophistry. The actions required for these conspiracies to exist could never be practically carried out, let alone kept secret by large groups of people.

Politicians can't even keep secret which secretaries they're banging, so there's no way in hell a record company could get away with "murdering" the most famous man in the world.

They could inadvertently cause his death by hiring unscrupulous low-rent medical professionals to enable his drugs addictions, however.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    Given this and your posts on the Chris Brown thread, I think you are the one that needs to wake up

Conspiracy theories are pure sophistry. The actions required for these conspiracies to exist could never be practically carried out, let alone kept secret by large groups of people.

Politicians can't even keep secret which secretaries they're banging, so there's no way in hell a record company could get away with "murdering" the most famous man in the world.

They could inadvertently cause his death by hiring unscrupulous low-rent medical professionals to enable his drugs addictions, however.

They are getting away with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

wake up!

excuse me ? ? ?
    who are you talking too ?
    have some respect for others it goes a long way .

and for someone who is not a Jackson fan you sure have a lot too say on the matter - like i would reply to every post on someone don't even like :rolleyes:
    i can tell you are a Jackson fan by your attitude - vile people
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excuse me ? ? ?

and for someone who is not a Jackson fan you sure have a lot too say on the matter - like i would reply to every post on someone don't even like :rolleyes:

im not allowed to reply to people who are quoting me? u are also posting on here. Oh but im not agreeing with you so i must be a fan..You are right columbo..i must be a huge MJ fan even though i just clearly stated i am not..im such a liar.

Fine you think my opinions on this matter are rubbish, but don't judge me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not allowed to reply to people who are quoting me? u are also posting on here. Oh but im not agreeing with you so i must be a fan..You are right columbo..i must be a huge MJ fan even though i just clearly stated i am not..im such a liar.

Fine you think my opinions on this matter are rubbish, but don't judge me.

well i was basing it on my own personality traits - i don't go posting on a thread about some guy who liked to sleep with children and answering nearly every post in there if i don't like him . its seems only logical you are a fan and are desperately trying to defend him , which is pointless as anyone with a IQ over 2 knows exactly what he was
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i was basing it on my own personality traits - i don't go posting on a thread about some guy who liked to sleep with children and answering nearly every post in there if i don't like him . its seems only logical you are a fan and are desperately trying to defend him , which is pointless as anyone with a IQ over 2 knows exactly what he was

how do you 'know'. did he touch you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how do you 'know'. did he touch you?

:rolleyes: he openly admitted it on national tv !

and i am far too old for jackson to have liked .
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excuse me ? ? ?

im a MJ fan and i haven't got an attitude or nor am i vile,why think everyone is the same?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    im a MJ fan and i haven't got an attitude or nor am i vile,why think everyone is the same?:confused:

have read threads relating to him and the fans are just mental , disregarding facts and his behavior as something we shouldn't be bothered by , when in fact his behavior is disgusting and not acceptable , i for one am glad he is where he is .