The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "And now I have full creative control from the promotion, photo shoots and the video — it's taken a while to get but I've got it now."

I love you Leona :D

She's finally put her foot down, and when I mean 'down' I mean she shoved it right down Cowells throat to shut him up :cool: I love how she mentioned she's an 'artist' and not just a 'singer' I like her fiesty side ;)

Let's hope that with her taking more control, we can expect a lot of great things to come
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Its been a great positive week for us fans, from the guest judging X Factor to the excitement of the new music and Leona opening the Hackney Weekend.

It was a great little interview with Fearne too. Leona's so much more confident now in interviews :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best thing about the interview is when she said she wasn't nervous anymore because she found out something about her set ??????? I wonder I wonder
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Some interesting quotes from Leona, she hints at a battle behind the scenes for creative control.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/110--pop/leona-lewis-exclusive-bullied-school-152959444.html

I respect the long wait now :) I'm glad she has full control now
  • Laura_xLaura_x Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant bloody wait for this album :D
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    "I knew I'd made it in the US when I was in the car on my way to an interview and my song was on the radio and the driver was singing along to it but he didn't know it was me."

Imagine how cool that would be :D !!!
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to twitter,leona is saying that the album is coming out at the end of the summer.The end of the summer is september,so ill assume the release date is sept 21? I hope she premiers the new single at the hackney event.No confirmation on single yet but the hint about her set at the hackney event is a clue about possible single premier but again I feel better once its confirmed.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    According to twitter,leona is saying that the album is coming out at the end of the summer.The end of the summer is september,so ill assume the release date is sept 21? I hope she premiers the new single at the hackney event.No confirmation on single yet but the hint about her set at the hackney event is a clue about possible single premier but again I feel better once its confirmed.

Apparently she'd said today it'll be August at the latest, not sure how concrete that is. Either way, the single premiere can't be far off!
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,245
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    Apparently she'd said today it'll be August at the latest, not sure how concrete that is. Either way, the single premiere can't be far off!

Do we have a source ? When she said August ?? :eek:
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Very excited about what she has in store for the Hackney Weekend. They will definitely be making a big effort for her as she's opening the whole event. It's such a massive compliment that they asked her to do that and clearly shows how much confidence they have in her to start the whole weekend off with a bang. :)

Bring on the album! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »

If the album comes out in aug it makes sense for the single to premier late june at the hackney event!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Time Out magazine article from this week.
    Have a great Bank Holiday Bunnies :)
    http://www.twitpic.com/9robd7
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have a source ? When she said August ?? :eek:

Apparently it was at the Q&A, my friend had text me about it - but as I say, I haven't seen anywhere else, but end of summer I always think of late August anyway.
    surrey13 wrote: »
    Time Out magazine article from this week.
    Have a great Bank Holiday Bunnies :)
    http://www.twitpic.com/9robd7

Cheers Aiden! :D
  • Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in the Q&A and can confirm Leona said "the album will be out at the end of summer"
  • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glass Heart world wide hit Summer 2012 :D

Cant wait to hear it in clubs and see it bounce up the Itunes charts in the different countries.. IF they get the promotion correct:):):)
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Leona will release her single before the Hackney event cause it's going to be EPIC, and people will all flock to Hackney to see a genius at work. She will then perform single again live and be top of the world again.AMEN.
  • megataffmegataff Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    I think Leona will release her single before the Hackney event cause it's going to be EPIC, and people will all flock to Hackney to see a genius at work. She will then perform single again live and be top of the world again.AMEN.
    Out of curiosity...why do you always post with your name inserted in the Title? :)
  • butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So exciting on here lately , news etc and leona asserting herself a bit more for this next campaign Glassheart:D

The fact she is opening the hackney gig and she has got something amazing planned is just how it should be..she HAS to get peoples attention right from the beginning..if she did a performance like on her Labyrinth tour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2i-OAbFido
    she definitely would shock a lot in the crowd:eek::D

can you imagine if she sang this!!
    :D:D" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejpvBd8QBe0&feature=related:eek:confused::D:D
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megataff wrote: »
    Out of curiosity...why do you always post with your name inserted in the Title? :)
    Dont know it just appear's there. Im not very good with computers. Out of curiosity does it bother you LOL.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libbyliz wrote: »
    Dont know it just appear's there. Im not very good with computers. Out of curiosity does it bother you LOL.

I don't think it bothers him or anyone, he was just curious :)
    If you go to the advanced post you'll see a "Title field", your name is probably written in that field. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all those asking for a source for the 'album being out by the end of the summer,' the article from this post a page back has that quote in it. So I think it's safe to say we'll get the album by the end of August or beginning of September. Well, at least you UK people will :p
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Some interesting quotes from Leona, she hints at a battle behind the scenes for creative control.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/110--pop/leona-lewis-exclusive-bullied-school-152959444.html

Since we can say with more confidence now that we'll have the album by the end of the summer, I think it's also confirmed now that the surprise in her set list for Hackney will be performing her new single. I think after her performance, she'll probably send it to radio, do some interviews, release the music video, release the single maybe in July, and then that will lead to the album release by the end of summer.

This was the news we've been waiting for :D I'm also really proud of her for finally standing up for herself and finally getting complete creative control!
  • butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all those asking for a source for the 'album being out by the end of the summer,' the article from this post a page back has that quote in it. So I think it's safe to say we'll get the album by the end of August or beginning of September. Well, at least you UK people will :p

Since we can say with more confidence now that we'll have the album by the end of the summer, I think it's also confirmed now that the surprise in her set list for Hackney will be performing her new single. I think after her performance, she'll probably send it to radio, do some interviews, release the music video, release the single maybe in July, and then that will lead to the album release by the end of summer.

This was the news we've been waiting for :D I'm also really proud of her for finally standing up for herself and finally getting complete creative control!

Ditto:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When an artist releases an album dont they release a single a month and a half to two months before the album release?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    When an artist releases an album dont they release a single a month and a half to two months before the album release?

Leona has usually released a single, then the album a week later.

It's usually the case though that the single itself is out for radio/tv/etc 1-2 months before the single is available for public purchases. (For example Collide was premiered in July 2011, but wasn't available to purchase until the September)
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Oh my this bunny is hopping :)

Hi joani :) me too !" :)
This discussion has been closed.