Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a huge difference between a hand injury and a head injury. Head injuries can bring about changes in behaviour and personality which can be extremely distressing for all concerned.
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    There's also the fact that Keith Lemon is NOT A REAL PERSON.

Thank you Kat. There's no pulling the wool over your eyes. :)
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    He did 'A few Good Men' in Aug-Dec 2005. , which was after DW had premiered. He was aleady 'out and proud' by then

I stand corrected - I didn't hear about it until he started doing Torchwood but that could be because he became better known after that.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=rionia;69985987]He did 'A few Good Men' in Aug-Dec 2005. , which was after DW had premiered. He was aleady 'out and proud' by then[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he did :D
  • chels.pchels.p Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Really nice:
    Sheridan Smith - spends loads of time chatting with fans and called out to say goodbye and thank you for waiting to us as we were leaving

Daniel Radcliffe- poor guy was absolutely mobbed but he was so nice

Richard Fleeshman - lovely and looks great in the flesh :D

Jill Halfpenny

Marion Bartoli (This year's Wimbledon winner) - so nice, took the time to chat to us even though we were really shy and startruck (I'm a huge tennis fan)

Only negative experiences I've had are with Kerry Ellis and (only slightly) with Olly Murs. Olly wasn't uber friendly but he was in a rush so it was understandable, and other people on here seem to say he was lovely when they met him.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    I think Gregg wants to know more about this... From Twitter;

"where was this supposed to have occurred ?"

" I have no recollection of being served by anyone on Saturday. Also have no idea of whom I was supposed to be addressing."

" in fact my only interaction with the public was at a book signing. Sat eve I was at The Ivy."

Seems your "friend" might have some explaining to do at his bookstore / The Ivy....
    I am only seeing this now. This happened at Earl's Court, not The Ivy.

I have sent the link to my friend so I'll wait and see what he says. He's not the type to lie and in his work has met lots of celebrities and usually has good things to say about them, even if his experience with them wasn't overly positive. Greg must have done something wrong to really rattle his cage, and the cages of the others working there as a lot of the other people were just as offended by his behaviour as my friend was.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Few more to add;

Keith Duffy - Really genuine guy, really nice
    The Vamps - Wow, really surprised at how lovely they were
    James Blunt - Actually quite funny and chatty

Not a negative one, but James Arthur passed me in the corridor today, he nodded to me expecting one back so I gave him a dirty look and ignored him :p I wouldn't wanna say something nasty ;)
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Few more to add;

Not a negative one, but James Arthur passed me in the corridor today, he nodded to me expecting one back so I gave him a dirty look and ignored him :p I wouldn't wanna say something nasty ;)

You should have asked him why he wasn't on Paul O Grady yesterday as planned:D
    Anyway good to hear he's up and about and over his bout of exhaustion.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my relatives used to do Sunshine Coaches trips to London for disabled children and remembers having the children introduced to Denis Waterman and Ian Ogilvy about 33 years ago. Waterman was unpleasant, refused to pose with the children( even though he knew they were visiting Leicester Square), muttered and stormed off, leaving a few of them upset. Ogilvy, then at the height of his career, was happy to pose for the children, signed autographs and was very polite.
    Denis Waterman, for all he is a good actor and Minder was class, always has this nasty look to him and I can just imagine him behaving like that.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    One of my relatives used to do Sunshine Coaches trips to London for disabled children and remembers having the children introduced to Denis Waterman and Ian Ogilvy about 33 years ago. Waterman was unpleasant, refused to pose with the children( even though he knew they were visiting Leicester Square), muttered and stormed off, leaving a few of them upset. Ogilvy, then at the height of his career, was happy to pose for the children, signed autographs and was very polite.
    Denis Waterman, for all he is a good actor and Minder was class, always has this nasty look to him and I can just imagine him behaving like that.

Well Waterman does have a couple of marriages behind him, so I'm not surprised there.

What's Ian Ogilvy up to thesedays, in fact what was his last TV appearance?

The only things I remember him for are Upstairs Downstairs & Return Of The Saint.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Well Waterman does have a couple of marriages behind him, so I'm not surprised there.

What's Ian Ogilvy up to thesedays, in fact what was his last TV appearance?

The only things I remember him for are Upstairs Downstairs & Return Of The Saint.

I can't think of Ian Ogilvy doing much in recent years, but he was hot property in 1980. Waterman, of course, made his second fortune in Minder, then a variety of hits afer that. I did hear Rula Lenska had a terrible life with him and he is known to be what we would call a laddish type where football and drink are the main interests in his life.
    Forum Member
    Few to add from today

Reggie Yates - Had a small conversation whilst he was getting reedy for his next link, very funny (and much more attractive in person ;))

Tom Odell - Really genuine guy, not in any way the average famous person, took pics and autographs for people, then went around on his own without security, managers

John Newman - Great guy, had a lovely conversation

London Grammar - Lovely people

Overall a fantastic two days in meeting celebs ;)
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    I met Chris Martin back in the summer and he was absolutely lovely. Took the time to chat to us and asked us what we were doing with our day, then asked our names and signed our CDs. Really nice guy.
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Nigella yesterday, looked a bit tired and down but after handing me £200 and receiving her package, she fair cheered up.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Nigella yesterday, looked a bit tired and down but after handing me £200 and receiving her package, she fair cheered up.

Eh?! She gave you £200 for delivering her package through the post?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few more to add;

Why be okay with them and nasty towards James Arthur?
  • DroodDrood Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

What's Ian Ogilvy up to these days, in fact what was his last TV appearance?

Lately he's been writing children's books - http://www.measlebooks.com/
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Phil Davis. Met him in Glasgow. Great guy. Also met Nigel Havers. He was pretty pleasant too.

Met Ally McCoist too, he was pretty nasty actually.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    That just is NOT true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few more to add;

Was there any need for that? just makes you look nasty tbh.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That just is NOT true.

But he writes the feem choon & sings the feem choon as well!
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

I`m certainly no fan of James Arthur - but those were my thoughts exactly.
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Was there any need for homophobia? Was there any need for attacking people when they've done nothing wrong? No, I'm not gonna be friendly and act all "zomg you're a celeb and you knodded at me, so I'm gonna worship the ground you walk on" to someone that does the above just because they nodded to me expecting me to act all happy because of the little fame he has (there's much more than them two I listed anyway)
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean Paul Gaultier was a good one, after a shoot in Barcelona in 1991. He'd just created Madonna's conical bra for her Blond Ambition tour, and he invited me clubbing with his sulky boyfriend.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever met 3 Celebs.

Barry Mc'guigan Great Bloke opened a carpet shop in my Town in Norfolk in the Eighties. :)

Dave Allen walked onto a construction site in Stoke in the Eighties just to see what we were doing and spent some time with us he was Great and so interested in what we were doing. :)

Madonna who came onto a construction site one Saturday morning in the Nineties to view a place in Knightsbridge which she bought we found out later for £5 Million at the time anyway she walked over to say Hello to us all she didn't have to we never approached her group of people but she came to us and chatted she was Lovely. :)
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Eh?! She gave you £200 for delivering her package through the post?

I think there may be a joke in there.. ;-)