Joan Collins set to star in "Benidorm"...

2»

Comments

• tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    I don't think any soap can afford her.

She starred in Footballers' Wives, I don't think it had a particularly large budget, even thought it looked expensive (a lot of the clothes were hired).
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    tommytiger wrote: »
    She starred in Footballers' Wives, I don't think it had a particularly large budget, even thought it looked expensive (a lot of the clothes were hired).

Yeah but that was, what 10 episodes at the most? Not basically a whole year of your life like a regular soap can be if you are featured a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's forever waxing lyrical about obesity and people's eating habits so it's a bit rich that she takes the money and runs when she's offered to advertise a hideously unhealthy chocolate bar. It's a bit like someone who espouses veganism, advertising a product containing gelatin or a teetotaller, wine. No, it's not her fault if people stuff their faces with choc, but she's compounding the problem. Still, keeps the polyfilla'd old crone in work I suppose.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and she like many others believe obesity can be mainly attributed to peoples eating habits. I don't believe she's ever said that people shouldn't eat chocolate?

Snickers is no more hideously unhealthy than many other chocolate bars. We are all able to eat whatever we want to eat, but it's all about moderation. In the main, I have found that the people who tend to get annoyed and upset about celebs endorsing products tend to do so because they are unable to moderate their own eating. You say Joan Collins is compounding the problem, but surely its the manufacturers who are doing that. If she is able to make a buck or two out of people's inability to control their eating habits then so what?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion and she like many others believe obesity can be mainly attributed to peoples eating habits. I don't believe she's ever said that people shouldn't eat chocolate?

Snickers is no more hideously unhealthy than many other chocolate bars. We are all able to eat whatever we want to eat, but it's all about moderation. In the main, I have found that the people who tend to get annoyed and upset about celebs endorsing products tend to do so because they are unable to moderate their own eating. You say Joan Collins is compounding the problem, but surely its the manufacturers who are doing that. If she is able to make a buck or two out of people's inability to control their eating habits then so what?

eh?

So, if she's getting her knickers in a knot about obesity, I hardly think she's advocating eating much of it - unless she's completely bloody stupid?

Every time I read an interview with her she's moaning about how fat, greedy and ugly the british populace are (compared to her polyfilla'd features of course) and then instead of helping, she then makes everyone acquiecse to their own weakness by advertising shit. (I agree that everyone should be accountable for what they stuff in their gobs, but old Ma Collins can't have it both ways and complain about obesity and then actively encourage the fatties who can't control themselves).

As for your 2nd comment about people who complain not being able to moderate their own eating, I would say that's nonsense. I couldn't care less if she was advertising snickers, McDonald's, KFC et al, as long as I don't have to see her revolting face moaning about the great unwashed every 5 minutes. The woman is a revolting, talentless hypocrite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eh?

. The woman is a revolting, talentless hypocrite.

Oh dear... So there we have it, such strong and venomous words.. You clearly don't like her do you. But you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion.

However, just because the person that YOU don't like is being paid to promote a food that if not eaten in moderation can cause ill health and obesity, doesn't make that person a hypocrite for suggesting that people take more care in their food choices. If she were overweight or obese herself THEN she would be be a hypocrite.

I neither like her nor dislike her. I am aware that she despairs of people who have no will power to control their eating. As I said earlier it's those people that will blame and attack people like JC for pointing out the obvious.

Just out of interest. Which celebrity would not offend you if they advertised it instead of Joan Collins?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear... So there we have it, such strong and venomous words.. You clearly don't like her do you. But you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion.

However, just because the person that YOU don't like is being paid to promote a food that if not eaten in moderation can cause ill health and obesity, doesn't make that person a hypocrite for suggesting that people take more care in their food choices. If she were overweight or obese herself THEN she would be be a hypocrite.

I neither like her nor dislike her. I am aware that she despairs of people who have no will power to control their eating. As I said earlier it's those people that will blame and attack people like JC for pointing out the obvious.

Just out of interest. Which celebrity would not offend you if they advertised it instead of Joan Collins?

Interesting passive aggressive response there. I do not have a problem controlling my eating so not sure why you keep suggesting that? IF she despairs of people who cannot control their eating, do you not see the hypocrisy of her then advertising an addictive foodstuff?

Which celebrity would not offend me? Someone like Kelly Brook perhaps; someone pleasant who doesn't spend their days decrying the state of the fat, obese unwashed.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Her two faced attitude over the Snickers bars put me off for life .She loathes "fat oafs " but she'll take the money for advertising a fattening snack. Hypocrite .Must need another face lift .

Chocolate is good for a healthy body. A person needs chocolate to survive. I have read that period problems are eased by chocolate and chocolate also makes a woman better in bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Benidorm series 1 and 2, the xmas specials sucked, series 3 was abysmal, series 4 was okayish and series 5 was back on level par!

After hearing that Joan boring Collins is going to be in it, the show seems to be going back to series 3 level sigh!
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocolate is good for a healthy body. A person needs chocolate to survive. I have read that period problems are eased by chocolate and chocolate also makes a woman better in bed.

I don't know about the latter but the former is certainly true as far as I'm concerned

PS: I don't see how advertising a chocolate bar is advocating obesity but each to their own. When I'm hungry and have the choice of chocolate bars, Snickers is my preferred choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

End-Em-All wrote: »
    I don't know about the latter but the former is certainly true as far as I'm concerned

PS: I don't see how advertising a chocolate bar is advocating obesity but each to their own. When I'm hungry and have the choice of chocolate bars, Snickers is my preferred choice.

Chocolate makes you fat:confused:
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So do rice, pasta, bread, beer.......

Everything in moderation.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it doesn't. Good grief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    No it doesn't. Good grief.

Snickers bars are perfectly healthy then.

Thread closed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snickers bars are perfectly healthy then.

Thread closed.
    That's fallacious and I suspect you know it. 'Does not make you fat' does not equal 'is perfectly healthy'. Nothing can make you fat unless you eat it in enough quantities and nothing can be perfectly healthy if it doesn't agree with you or if you eat it in copious quantities.

So yeah a snickers bar isn't unhealthy; 10 in one sitting probably is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    That's fallacious and I suspect you know it. 'Does not make you fat' does not equal 'is perfectly healthy'. Nothing can make you fat unless you eat it in enough quantities and nothing can be perfectly healthy if it doesn't agree with you or if you eat it in copious quantities.

So yeah a snickers bar isn't unhealthy; 10 in one sitting probably is...

Yes. true:p

My beef with Collins is that she constantly talks about 'fat, ugly, greedy' Brits, but is more than happy to encourage them to eat snickers bars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. true:p

My beef with Collins is that she constantly talks about 'fat, ugly, greedy' Brits, but is more than happy to encourage them to eat snickers bars.
    OK, I've never heard her on one of those rants so can't really comment.:)
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete.