Rumour - PS4 and Vita bundle

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
There is a rumour from a "well-placed anonymous source" that a PS4 and Vita bundle is due to be announced. It will allegedly be available before the end of this year for around $500

Nothing concrete yet, but such a bundle makes a lot of sense and has certainly been considered amongst posters on here. Sony are struggling to shift Vitas and this would give the portable additional purpose and exposure. Plus, this bundle would look like a great value proposition compared to MS's $500 price tag for Xbox One & its mandatory Kinect sensor.

The 2 pieces of hardware would be a potent combination. Would anyone be interested in such an offering for the right price?

Comments

• Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    There is a rumour from a "well-placed anonymous source" that a PS4 and Vita bundle is due to be announced. It will allegedly be available before the end of this year for around $500

Nothing concrete yet, but such a bundle makes a lot of sense and has certainly been considered amongst posters on here. Sony are struggling to shift Vitas and this would give the portable additional purpose and exposure. Plus, this bundle would look like a great value proposition compared to MS's $500 price tag for Xbox One & its mandatory Kinect sensor.

The 2 pieces of hardware would be a potent combination. Would anyone be interested in such an offering for the right price?

I have been holding off on buying a Vita solely due to the fact I expect Sony to either anounce a price cut or a new model. That said a Vita and a PS4 does sound quite interesting, some games support second screen with the Vita on the PS3 it is one of those wait and see. I like the look of the Vita but they need to make it a bit lighter and longer lasting battery life before I consider it.

However the one thing I am loving is the Playstation Plus subscription will allow me a back catalogue of games to play when I do eventually take the plunge.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I like my Vita and this bundle sounds a good idea but I am a little wary of second-screen gaming. When I played ZombiU, I spent so long looking at the controller it ruined any hope of being immersed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I posted this idea a little while back, for a similar price point too off the back of them saying they have some interesting hardware initiatives.

I felt it would be a little more expensive - up to $50 more than the Xbox One, and around £450 here.

My reasoning is I'm not sure how willing Sony is to lose money out of the gate this time round, and £350 + £150 that seems to be a fair common recent price of the Vita = £500.