20MB to 30MB?

springyspringy Posts: 363
Forum Member
Hi all,

I am on the old packages and I was recently upgraded to 10MB to 20MB.

I had a problem with my old modem, so not they have replaced it with the SuperHub VMDG480.

Now, this modem supports DOCSIS 3.0, therefore can I be sneaky and get my speed bumped up to 30MB free of charge as now I have the equipment to do so? Thanks.

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just gave them a call and they upgraded mine without any issues, the customer rep couldn't do it but they passed me on to someone else and they did it.

After my 20M upgrade I did get a letter offering a free SuperHub and free upgrade to 30M, I don't know whether that makes any difference, I suspect not.
  • springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Hmm, thanks I think I give them a call, see if I can sneak it :)
  • MARKIVMARKIV Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    springy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am on the old packages and I was recently upgraded to 10MB to 20MB.

I had a problem with my old modem, so not they have replaced it with the SuperHub VMDG480.

Now, this modem supports DOCSIS 3.0, therefore can I be sneaky and get my speed bumped up to 30MB free of charge as now I have the equipment to do so? Thanks.

The same thing happened to me, when they replaced my old modem with the superhub the engineer told me I would automatically be upgraded to 30MB. Perform a speedtest you'll probably find your already on it.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARKIV wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me, when they replaced my old modem with the superhub the engineer told me I would automatically be upgraded to 30MB. Perform a speedtest you'll probably find your already on it.

I phoned up. I left it a week and it remained 20M, whether it would have gone eventually I don't know but the phone call was no hassle. I never had an engineer out so maybe yours just logged it whereas the self install is different?
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was upgraded to 30mb a few weeks after I was given a superhub.

However I've never seen the speed go over 25mb.
    Forum Member
    I am still on 20MB. The engineer told me no free upgrade. I give them a call next week if they don't upgrade me automatically.
  • sandman112sandman112 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    yeah you can get it upgraded to 30mb, i had my hub replced with a super hub due to a fault, i refused to pay for an upgrade a few months before that so the hub 'developed' a fault.

Conversation with CS went kinda like this

Hi .... ive got the new superhub does this mean that i can recieve the 30mb package now?

Yeah sure does.

Ok can i have that added to my account

No sir sorry i cant do that, but i do have a free upgrade option here for you would you like that?

and whats the upgrade

30mb sir

oh ..... ok .... erm .... yeah, thanks for that

bottom line is you can do what you ask, but its really going to depend on how clued up the CS rep is you get on the phone

good luck
    Forum Member
    So.. an update on this

I phone VM and ask for a free upgrade. They wanted me to cough up an extra £8 a month for 30MB even though I told them I could get 60MB for £5 a month extra if I done it online. I thought forget it and call another day so that I can speak to someone a bit knowledgeable.

A week later I phone again and ask for 30MB, they said oh we already upgraded you for free to 30MB... and I was just like LOL. So I quickly check my online account and it did say L package 30MB, did a speed test and it was indeed 30MB...