Apple is a Disgrace!

mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, so who's best to complain about Apple?

I wrote an article on the Apple support forum demanding to know when something is going to get done about the 'No Service' issue a lot of us have been experiencing since we updated to iOS 6. Only to have my post removed claiming it was a rant and nothing to do with anything techincal and I received a reply from them claiming the reason why my iPhone isn't working is because I hacked it?? My phone has never been hacked or jailbroken.
Seriously?? That is a disgraceful and libel response to my question. Talk about avoiding the subject!

I've not been able to use my iPhone since November and no-one has a fix or solution to solve the matter.
It worked fine on 5.1.1 and then I upgraded to 6.0 and it stops receiving a signal.

The phone has been checked over and there's nothing wrong with the hardware and has been confirmed its a firmware bug.

Anyone else been had this response from them? :mad:

Comments

• -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,810
    Forum Member
    Never heard of that before. I usually hear Apple support quite good. Do you have an Apple store near you?
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    mattyb wrote: »
    The phone has been checked over and there's nothing wrong with the hardware and has been confirmed its a firmware bug

Who confirmed that?

Have you contacted Apple directly by phone or in store?
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the store and complain and don't leave until you have a replacement unit. Of course I am assuming your iPhone is still under warranty.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Never heard of that before. I usually hear Apple support quite good. Do you have an Apple store near you?

Sadly not. The nearest store is 50 miles from me.
    Who confirmed that?

Have you contacted Apple directly by phone or in store?

Apple, they ran some tests over the phone after getting in touch and they said the phone was working fine and to try a new sim.

I don't know how they knew it was working fine unless they pinged it or something.
    Go to the store and complain and don't leave until you have a replacement unit. Of course I am assuming your iPhone is still under warranty.

Nope its just out of its warranty but they said they'll still look at it when I take it 50 miles to the nearest Apple Store.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    They cannot check it remotely. This is probably a carrier issue. Which network are you with and have you tried what Apple suggested by getting a new sim? All this hate for Apple but I've hardly heard of any issues like this.. No press coverage of it and there are millions upon millions of ios6 users now. Usually the press (read competitors) are very quick to jump onto any issue an Apple product is having!!
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Apple, they ran some tests over the phone after getting in touch and they said the phone was working fine and to try a new sim.

Have you tried a new SIM?
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    They cannot check it remotely. This is probably a carrier issue. Which network are you with and have you tried what Apple suggested by getting a new sim? All this hate for Apple but I've hardly heard of any issues like this.. No press coverage of it and there are millions upon millions of ios6 users now. Usually the press (read competitors) are very quick to jump onto any issue an Apple product is having!!

Oh do stop with the all this apple hate nonsense!

I've seen this issue as well and i don't own any apple products now! There are several threads on the apple forums about it to which several have been deleted recently. Its not a carrier issue since its happening in different parts of the planet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on O2, the first thing I did was change the sim and it didn't solve the problem.

I tried my sim in my fiancee's iPhone 4S and it worked fine, put her sim in my iPhone 4 and it said 'No Service' and 'Searching'.
    I've seen this issue as well and i don't own any apple products now! There are several threads on the apple forums about it to which several have been deleted recently. Its not a carrier issue since its happening in different parts of the planet.

My friend has the same issue with her iPhone 4 on EE and has stopped using her phone because of this fault.

The only hate factor I have with Apple is the fact I placed a technical question about whether or not a fix was due out to resolve this issue only for them to delete the post claiming it wasn't a technical related post and emailed me stating I've hacked my phone which is why it's not working.

That's a bold claim from Apple to even suggest that but to me its an easy way out to not answer my question.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Only Several threads out of millions of phones. I'm sticking to my guns it's a carrier issue probably a old sim with old mast info or corrupted carrier update, even corrupted firmware due to an old iTunes being used to update.. If it were an issue you'd have heard about it on here WAY before this...

Only people I've seen complain so far on here were the few people that got a corrupted EE carrier update. Same issue.

The phone could be faulty hardware wise or damaged hardware wise (dropped, water damage). However the lack of substantial complainers points to it not being a iOS 6 issue.

Striggles back the hell off. Your input is not needed. Where are the articles from Tech sites commenting on this so called bug? NONE
    Forum Member
    Several threads out of millions of phones. I'm sticking to my guns it's a carrier issue probably a old sim with old mast info or corrupted carrier update. If it were an issue you'd have heard about it on here WAY before this.. Only people I've seen complain so far on here were the few people that got a corrupted EE carrier update. Same issue.

The phone could be faulty hardware wise or damaged hardware wise (dropped, water damage). However the lack of substantial complainers points to it not being a iOS 6 issue.

Striggles back the hell off. Your input is not needed.

Have you actually searched google to see this issue? Its not as small as you make out.

Oh, you posting false information blaming a carrier issue which it clearly isn't then someone needs to step in to quash that so don't tell me input is not needed. That for a start is not your place. How can it be a carrier issue all over the planet on different networks only hitting iphone 4 users?

Apple have been deleting threads on their forums over the last 2 weeks regarding this issue. So that tells you its NOT an isolated incident.

Oddly almost all with iphone 4's. You dont find that in the least bit odd?
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So...you're pissed because you updated without checking to see if there were any known bugs?

Why not just downgrade?
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Make the trip to the store and have a day out......Better than all the frustration as you are obviously not going to get a fix any other way....
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly not. The nearest store is 50 miles from me.

Nope its just out of its warranty but they said they'll still look at it when I take it 50 miles to the nearest Apple Store.

Is this still the 19th century? 50 miles is hardly that far nowadays, i travel almost 40 miles every day as do many people (which is actually where my Apple store is).

I know it's not ideal but if I were you I would just take a drive there on my day off and make a day of it, get some lunch and so forth.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    Is this still the 19th century? 50 miles is hardly that far nowadays, i travel 40 miles every day as do many people. (which is actually where my Apple store is).

50 miles is a long way if you don't drive. If I went by bus it would involve an over night stay.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50 miles is a long way if you don't drive. If I went by bus it would involve an over night stay.

How slow are the buses in your parts? I can get a bus to Edinburgh that takes just over 2 hours and that's over 80 miles away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem on Three.

Apple told me it was due my local Three masts needing an updgrade and the problem wouldn't go away until that was done so I should complain to Three.

Whats most irritating for me is turning Airplane Mode on and Off gets me my signal back so I know its not anything but a fault with the phone
  • coolmp3coolmp3 Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    try going to settings, general and about and wait a few seconds and see if it offers you a carrier update. Of course you will need signal before trying it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolmp3 wrote: »
    try going to settings, general and about and wait a few seconds and see if it offers you a carrier update. Of course you will need signal before trying it.

Didnt work :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just downgrade?

I would love to, but Apple have stopped you from doing this now and I don't have the SHSH files as I updated via WiFi.
    If anyone knows how to force a downgrade without SHSH files then I would appreciate it.
    Whats most irritating for me is turning Airplane Mode on and Off gets me my signal back so I know its not anything but a fault with the phone

This is exactly what I had to do to begin with and it gave me a signal for about five minutes before 'Searching' and then showing 'No Service' again.
    Is this still the 19th century? 50 miles is hardly that far nowadays, i travel almost 40 miles every day as do many people (which is actually where my Apple store is).

I know it's not ideal but if I were you I would just take a drive there on my day off and make a day of it, get some lunch and so forth.

I agree it isn't far, but it is out of the way to go just to visit one store, especially when I don't really get the time to travel 100 mile return journey. It will be something I may have to do if and when I need to go to either Leeds or Newcastle.

I'm currently on O2 13.0 carrier. I believe this is the updated version as my fiancée's iPhone is currently on this and working fine.
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »

Ah but that 50 miles on the bus is dependant on whether a bus goes there from where they are and the bloody price of them these days.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this issue just on the iPhone 4? Presumably all the obvious things have been tried like resetting network settings, factory restore, and reloading firmware etc? Personally I've not encountered this (but I don't have an iPhone 4).
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently on O2 13.0 carrier. I believe this is the updated version as my fiancée's iPhone is currently on this and working fine.

13.0 is right. One more thought - have you tired turning off automatic (Settings>Carrier) and setting it manually to O2. It may take a couple of minutes to search when you first switch.
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Is this issue just on the iPhone 4? Presumably all the obvious things have been tried like resetting network settings, factory restore, and reloading firmware etc? Personally I've not encountered this (but I don't have an iPhone 4).

It cant be a carrier issue anyway. Its happening on different networks all over the planet. If it was it would be the same all over all the iphone range. Seems to only be happening to iphone 4 users so logic dictates (spock) that its the firmware for the 4.

I think apple know this hence the deleting of threads on their forums.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    . It will be something I may have to do if and when I need to go to either Leeds or Newcastle.

You'll have a wasted journey if you come to Leeds, our Apple store is not due to open for another few months :)
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Personally I would take it up with O2 if they supplied it.....