Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    And generally speaking, turning a blind eye to someone else's criminal offences isn't in itself an offence.

And then of course there will be many "enablers" who were totally innocent of any crime , many people just like his viewers trusted him implicitly and gave him acccess , accommodation etc with no clue what his actual motives were .
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,933
    Forum Member
    Considering JS was a prolific sex offender over so many decades, I expected there to be more arrests under the 'Savile and others' strand of the investigation.

Instead it has opened the floodgates generally but it seems those who enabled Savile to carry on over those years have not yet been 'brought to book'.

Because the 600 or so who made claims in general gave no indication others were involved?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,933
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    And then of course there will be many "enablers" who were totally innocent of any crime , many people just like his viewers trusted him implicitly and gave him acccess , accommodation etc with no clue what his actual motives were .

Don't forget the youth workers, community groups, schools etc that regularly transported children to programmes that Jimmy Savile presented.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    And others were arrested last year and bailed; but no news.

Not sure how that happened but that wasn't my post you replied to!! I'd commented on that post saying that cops WERE investigating more than mere bum pinching etc and that the allegations are not just confined to the 70s/80s! I believe news is imminent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw Martin Brunt's tweet about it.

I don't like the way The Sun has started it's article with GAY in capital letters to describe him, with all the other allegations we are hearing about people they haven't started their articles with STRAIGHT.
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    I don't like the way The Sun has started it's article with GAY in capital letters to describe him, with all the other allegations we are hearing about people they haven't started their articles with STRAIGHT.

Indeed -- the Daily Heil did a similar thing. Quite offensive actually -- as if it makes a difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    Indeed -- the Daily Heil did a similar thing. Quite offensive actually -- as if it makes a difference.

Agree with both of these. The papers report heterosexual rape without mentioning it, so why make a big deal about him being gay?
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering JS was a prolific sex offender over so many decades, I expected there to be more arrests under the 'Savile and others' strand of the investigation.

Instead it has opened the floodgates generally but it seems those who enabled Savile to carry on over those years have not yet been 'brought to book'.

Yes he must have been an alien from space with immense
    powers of deception? because over a period of 50 or 60 years he never made one single mistake that would have revealed his insatiable appetite. Has there ever been a human with such a wide variety or perversions?
    as apparently he abused....

Men
    Women
    Boys
    Girls
    patients in hospitals
    the mentality ill
    criminals
    and not forgetting ..the dead
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he must have been an alien from space with immense
    powers of deception? because over a period of 50 or 60 years he never made one single mistake that would have revealed his insatiable appetite. Has there ever been a human with such a wide variety or perversions?
    as apparently he abused....
    Yes he did make mistakes. As an ardent defender of his, how come you're (seemingly) unaware that there were plenty of times he 'slipped up' - but that the people responsible for taking the complaints further either didn't take them further - or did, but were ignored? It's all very well using sarcasm to demean other people's posts - but at least show some awareness of the facts before you do so. I find it hard to believe you don't know about the complaints that were made, and the people (police, other authority figures) who covered up for him. You've been reading this thread for some time now, so how can you be unaware of all this? You seem to want to defend him just for the sake of it. Where's the logic in that?
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy Tarbuck now being quizzed over possible sex attacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/index.html
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

just seen it , :eek:
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just read that myself.

This is just getting so ridiculous now. Why don't they just make a list of all well known men in their 70's and 80's and arrest them all? :rolleyes:

All this business hasn't changed my opinion of any of them.
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Not Jimmy Tarbuck:eek: don't get that at all :confused:who next John Craven Tony Blackburn Ronnie Corbett Tom Jones or Bruce Forsthye?

Feels like my childhood is being taken away:cry::cry::cry:
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I just read that myself.

This is just getting so ridiculous now. Why don't they just make a list of all well known men in their 70's and 80's and arrest them all? :rolleyes:

All this business hasn't changed my opinion of any of them.

Why arrest them all if nobody has reported a crime

If victims come forwards only then can action be taken

Fact is there was something rotten in the showbiz culture here, men getting away with all kinds of things and it's come to bite them back
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised they had time to make programmes if they were busy doing what has been alleged?

Surely not every 60's & 70's star was at it?
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    Why arrest them all if nobody has reported a crime

If victims come forwards only then can action be taken

Fact is there was something rotten in the showbiz culture here, men getting away with all kinds of things and it's come to bite them back

I only said it because this is all getting very silly now. It just seems they're working their way through a list.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Evidently then this is the 70+ year old comedian that the Mirror would not name.

Some people know owe Lovely Jubbly a apology then. I too jumped to conclusions and I was wrong too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aidan11 wrote: »
    Apparantly not him or the grumpy old man. I've been given a different name (although this is probably speculation too).

The one I've been told is a keen golfer who used to often play live at her majesties.

Well you were right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Arrested and bailed in connection with one alleged sex attack not attacks, I know one is as serious as a hundred for a victim but just wanted to point out at present this is one allegation of one attack.
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Utter rubbish! This is turning from a sex abuse scandal into a compensation fest.

I hope this ridiculous accusation brings an end to the celebrity baiting once and for all. Let's see some politicians, and we all know who, dead or alive named and shamed.

I'm tired of the, "he touched my breast", he placed his hand on my knee" tales. FGS, if I had a hundred quid for every time that happened in the 60s/70s, I'd be a wealthy woman.

I'm not damaged by the men in smelly suits, pressing their erection against me on the underground, but more how others, old enough to be my father, ignored my protests by drawing their newspaper over their eyes. In other words, spineless. I see most men that way, not as sexual predators, but spineless.

If anyone is damaged by a touched breast, then I suggest there was something very wrong in their life before that. The girl who's father said Hall was famous so no one would believe them? Had I told my wonderful dad what she did, Stuart Hall wouldn't have been able to crawl, let alone walk for many weeks. Had someone like that dealt with him, he would have been stopped in his tracks.

Did every girl who was ever abused by a famous person keep it from their father, or were they all spineless too? I doubt it, as I'm doubting many of the claims.
  • anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now Jimmy Tarbuck is arrested, I wonder who's next
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I only said it because this is all getting very silly now. It just seems they're working their way through a list.
    .... and it's working beautifully as distraction.

The faded old stars, who have no memory of who's waist they slipped their arm around, brushing a breast on the way 40years ago, are great scapegoats for the politicians, high up arrangers in the entertainment world and royalty who are the true filthy b*****s in all this.

Just wait until all those who got paid, come out and say they were assaulted by their now dead famous clients.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    .... and it's working beautifully as distraction.

The faded old stars, who have no memory of who's waist they slipped their arm around, brushing a breast on the way 40years ago, are great scapegoats for the politicians, high up arrangers in the entertainment world and royalty who are the true filthy b*****s in all this.

Just wait until all those who got paid, come out and say they were assaulted by their now dead famous clients.

As I said the other day throw the Clebs with no direct link to JS to the lions they are expendable. Whilst Savilles close group of other high profile friends get away with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    As I said the other day throw the Clebs with no direct link to JS to the lions they are expendable. Whilst Savilles close group of other high profile friends get away with it.
    Always whimperings, such as who was in the Friday club?
    WELL FIND OUT, YOU USELESS BUNCH, though not so useless of course as they're protecting their own.
This discussion has been closed.