What do you think of Blue's new album Roulette?

mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's just out today.
What does everything think of it?
Whats your favourite tracks?

I think it's one of this best albums yet.
I love Broken, Sing for me and All I need and Break your heart.

I hope they get to #1.

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got it a few weeks ago when in Germany. I love it. Think its their best yet.

It really shows the likes of The Wanted and One Direction up for the crap that they are. Sadly though I don't think Blue have a fanbase anymore so I'm not sure how well it will do here.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not doing too badly in the charts it at #12 and rising up.

I say they still have a fan base but they have to rebuild up again. I hope they get to #1 or even top 5.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea they had even made a comeback!
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from great Hurt Lovers, I am slightly disappointed by the album - they went with generic dance beats and too much autotune. Such a shame because I really enjoyed their first 3 albums.

I mean, We've Got Tonight and Paradise are just so generic and weak lyrically and Heart On My Sleeve is very good, but I just can't get over how much they sound like robots there, it is so annoying. And for me Sing For Me is VERY annoying in general, from the annoying melody and beat, lame lyrics and autotune - just no! I gives me headache actually:D

Having said that, I really like Broken, Risk It All, All That I Need (although too much auto-tune there as well), Break You Down and Without You, while Ayo is good enough party song. Black Box is also good, but it is a cover - don't know why they decided to do that one.

So, lets just say I like half of the album :D
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea they were making a new album, I only really care for their old classics like All Rise, One love, U make me wanna, Too close and Fly by. But good luck to them :D
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is ok, slightly let down though. As above, way too much auto tune and dance beats for them but then again this is what sells at the moment so it was always going to be the route they took to try and get a foot back in.

There are no real stand out tunes for me, Risk it All is probably the better on the album but again it wouldnt be a hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could they become as successful again? now it's mainly One Direction thats popular.
    Maybe they added the dance stuff to keep up with the current charts?
    Some of the tracks are single material.

Blue have stronger vocals and the songs are better even though One Direction are good too I just think Blue have more of an edge.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do - I mean, I could never even compare Blue and 1D. They have a more mature sound and are far better vocalists. I think 1D created a "teen boyband" that can't be compared with any other boyband so far - if they change their sound, that will be a whole different story.

I know that Blue clearly have done those dance tracks because they are popular right now, but... I think they haven't stayed true to their sound just because of the way of music market is these days. They should have done more songs like Hurt Lovers, Without You or All I Need. Nothing can excuse them for having autotune though - I mean, why do that? They have great voices, no need for auto-tune.

They have probably done that because it is also cool to use auto-tune these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They asked on twitter what us the fans favourite songs were and most people actually said the uptempo tracks Sing for me , Break my heart , Paradise then the more ballad one Broken.

I think they're trying to pick the next single .
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Yes they do - I mean, I could never even compare Blue and 1D. They have a more mature sound and are far better vocalists. I think 1D created a "teen boyband" that can't be compared with any other boyband so far - if they change their sound, that will be a whole different story.

I know that Blue clearly have done those dance tracks because they are popular right now, but... I think they haven't stayed true to their sound just because of the way of music market is these days. They should have done more songs like Hurt Lovers, Without You or All I Need. Nothing can excuse them for having autotune though - I mean, why do that? They have great voices, no need for auto-tune.

They have probably done that because it is also cool to use auto-tune these days.

Exactly the reason they have used autotune, its the "in thing"

Lee does not need Autotune, neither do Simon or Duncan, perhaps it is of benefit to Anthony though!!
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havnt heard the album yet but Hurt Lovers has grown on me a lot, im delighted they managed to make the top 75 with it as it was widely predicted they would miss out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're now at #4 it would be amazing if they reached number 1.