The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Yeah Andrea doesn't know what we know as a viewer. Why is that so difficult for certain members to grasp? If Michonne had even stopped to attempt to explain anything she had seen, at least then Andrea would have a clue as to why she was so suspicious about Woodbury and the governor. As it happens, so far all Michonne has done is scowled her way through each episode and maybe raised the odd eyebrow when something doesn't look right. She either has severe learning difficulties or is actually incapable of basic lines of communication. Something like "Andrea, the governor is evil, here is the head of the pilot he killed, he also killed those other soldiers and eventually he may kill you", would take less than a minute to say. It might take a certain level of skill to throw a katana sword around like she does but other than that, I am unimpressed with her as a character. Andrea would still kick her ass in a fight with a single shot to the eyeball.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Andrea will come into her own by the end of this season. If the Governer dies at the end of the season (i hope not) I think Andrea will be the one to kill him.

Andrea didn't know her group were still alive until she saw Daryll at the end of the episode. Things might change for her now.

In the trailer....
    She gets Phillip... Sorry the guv'nor ;) to take her to the prison with him.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you assume the relationship was one-sided.

I'm not assuming anything. It's what we have been shown and told.

By calling them instincts you are agreeing that she had no rational arguments to persuade Andrea. They weren't justified; they were little more than prejudice that happened to be right.

Andrea had already acknowledged that Michonne's instincts had kept them both alive so far, so why did Andrea need to be persuaded by what you call "rational arguments"?
    Any evidence for that? I don't think we've seen her dump anyone, yet. I'll grant that she seems to like strong men with evident leadership ability, but I don't see that as a problem.

We have seen Andrea dump good people she knew had her best interests (Dale and Michonne), in favour of bad ones (Shane and the Governor).

I've said all I want to say about Shane.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son just started watching from S1 today, about 4 episodes I think.

All this talk of Andrea is quite coincidental as when he was watching (I only heard some of it), it was Andrea that I commented on to him, from a couple of lines she said, I thought she really hadn't changed much, Sure she's a better aim than she first was but personality wise she has tunnel vision, still quite a thick skinned stubborn arse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re-watched some of the mid-season finale last night & it annoys me how little they use 'background characters' Oscar during the Woodbury scenes before he was shot dead barely said a word. At least give him a little dialogue.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I'm not assuming anything. It's what we have been shown and told.
    It's unfortunate that we've only been shown how they met (with Michonne saving Andrea) and how they were just before they met the Governor (with Andrea sick). Clearly there is more to their relationship than that, because they were together for many months over winter.
    We have seen Andrea dump good people she knew had her best interests (Dale and Michonne), in favour of bad ones (Shane and the Governor).
    Oh, I thought we were talking about lovers. Andrea never had sex with Dale or Michonne as far as we know. She did with Shane and the Governor.

I much preferred Shane to Dale, especially at the time she wanted to leave with him, so I don't agree with your assessment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate that we've only been shown how they met (with Michonne saving Andrea) and how they were just before they met the Governor (with Andrea sick).

It's definitely "unfortunate" for the case you're trying to make LOL :D
    Clearly there is more to their relationship than that, because they were together for many months over winter.

No such clarity exists. The showrunners have deliberately provided us with all the information they wanted us to have (unless you think they're incompetent). We can, each of us, infer whatever we want from what has actually been shown, but to try to do so out of thin air is futile.

Oh, I thought we were talking about lovers. Andrea never had sex with Dale or Michonne as far as we know. She did with Shane and the Governor.

In Dale's case I'm talking about love, not sex. He loved Andrea so much that he was willing to die with her (at the CDC), if she chose not to live. Is there any greater love? Yet she still rejected him in favour of some gun training and a rough shag with Shane. Because that's the kind of woman she is.
    I much preferred Shane to Dale, especially at the time she wanted to leave with him, so I don't agree with your assessment.

You favour twisted psychopaths, I'll continue to cherish the straight and true.... LOL :)

P.S.
    It's interesting to note that you refuse to assume that Andrea didn't have sex with Dale, but are willing to make all kinds of assumptions about Andrea's relationship with Michonne. ;)

P.P.S.
    For the record, I'm sure Dale's love for Andrea was paternal. :)
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I look forward to the season starting again so that these WD threads can move on from arguing about Andrea and her morals (hopefully!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    I look forward to the season starting again so that these WD threads can move on from arguing about Andrea and her morals (hopefully!).

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes:
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Andrea to be a bit of a bimbo at times and Michonne's constant scowling doesn't help - just tell her what the problem is! Instead of just scowling at her!
    But yes, better to move on from this debate now lol.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    But yes, better to move on from this debate now lol.
    Fine; I'll drop it.

(Although I don't see how it was stopping other people from talking about whatever they wanted.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fine; I'll drop it.

(Although I don't see how it was stopping other people from talking about whatever they wanted.)

It's not that you or anyone was stopping other people from talking, but I've been in similar debates myself where the discussion has come to an impasse and it just continues to go around in circles page after page, discouraging others to post on the thread.

My bad, I didn't mean to come across as if I was telling anyone what to do :o. I'd be happy to discuss anything with you about the Andrea and the Governor situation :). You name it. I'm there. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fine; I'll drop it.

We are debating The Walking Dead with each other in threads dedicated to, wait for it........ The Walking Dead. :eek:

If others want to talk about aspects of the show of more particular interest to them (as opposed to talking about other posters), then they are perfectly free to do so.

I like your posts brangdon, even though I usually disagree with almost all of them LOL :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, what are people's expectations for the second half of the season? How would you like the story to progress?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    So, what are people's expectations for the second half of the season? How would you like the story to progress?

Hmnn, let me think....... ;)

1. I'd like the Governor to get bitten by a walker, keep quiet about it and then turn, whilst intimately entertaining Andrea.

2. I want Andrea to survive the above, just long enough to turn into a walker for Michonne to slice and dice.

3. I'd like to see Glen temporarily flip to the dark side and inventively murder Merle. Something like; cutting off Merle's feet and other hand then making him watch while they are fed to walkers, then turning the walkers on what's left of him.

4. I wouldn't mind Daryl going to war with Glen and Rick, for allowing Glen to carry out the above.

5. I'd like to see SuperBad Carl pop a cap in Axel's ass, in a fight over Beth.

Who knows though? Last season I wanted Carl to die, but I love him this season. Anything's possible with this show......
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Carl more this season but I think it's more because his dad gave him the green light on becoming a man.

I want a Michonne and Daryl episode where they go out on a mission together, arrows and slicing, not sure what sort of mission but just an episode with them two only.

I'd like Andrea sliced and diced too, I think I will just agree with the above that she is just a bit of a bimbo, still been listening in background whilst son watches first 2 seasons, yes, she is a bimbo.

The Governor needs taking down in front of the whole town.

Maybe even a Carol & Daryl moment too. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmnn, let me think.......

1. I'd like the Governor to get bitten by a walker, keep quiet about it and then turn, whilst intimately entertaining Andrea.

2. I want Andrea to survive the above, just long enough to turn into a walker for Michonne to slice and dice.

3. I'd like to see Glen temporarily flip to the dark side and inventively murder Merle. Something like; cutting off Merle's feet and other hand then making him watch while they are fed to walkers, then turning the walkers on what's left of him.

4. I wouldn't mind Daryl going to war with Glen and Rick, for allowing Glen to carry out the above.

5. I'd like to see SuperBad Carl pop a cap in Axel's ass, in a fight over Beth.

Who knows though? Last season I wanted Carl to die, but I love him this season. Anything's possible with this show......

Nice, nice :D. You sure do love a lot of slicing and dicing :p. Remind me not to mess with you :eek:.

1) But wouldn't The Governor be bed-ridden with a fever if he got bit by a walker? Mind you, that would be one horrifically funny scene of Andrea abruptly waking up to find Zombie Governor on top of her in bed :eek::eek:.

2) If Andrea doesn't improve in her naive mindset regarding the Governor, then yes, I would like that :).

3) That would be very nice. But for some reason, I'm a bit of a fan of our Unfriendly Neighbourhood Red Neck. :o

4) Sounds good, I always like internal conflict in my post-apocalyptic survivors.

5) Yes, I think Carl will need to deal with Creepy Axel at some point. That man is just too horny to be trusted :eek::eek:.

Yes, the writers have done a good job turning characters around this season. I mildly began to like Lori this season before she was killed. Not that I wasn't glad when she was indeed killed. :D
  • dayne14dayne14 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Hello All,

I'm fairly new to The Walking dead but love it. I don't have fx but have watched S1 and 2. Can anybody recommend a place where I can watch the first half of S3, preferably non torrent based if poss, as the family ain't keen on the use of torrents?

Don't want to wait till April / May for S3 on Channel 5.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    I'd like Andrea sliced and diced too, I think I will just agree with the above that she is just a bit of a bimbo, still been listening in background whilst son watches first 2 seasons, yes, she is a bimbo.

Maybe even a Carol & Daryl moment too. ;)

Andrea is not a 'bimbo', she can shoot as well as anyone else. Or are you judging her for having sex with someone? Andrea realised in the mid season finale that the Governor is a sicko and she will return to her original group in the second part of season 3.

Urgh, Carol and Daryl would make me want to vomit more than the scenes where the zombies are feeding off someone. I hope Carol is killed off next.

I want Daryl to kill the Governor and Andrea to kill Merle and for Daryl and Andrea to escape back to the rest of the group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I'm fairly new to The Walking dead but love it. I don't have fx but have watched S1 and 2. Can anybody recommend a place where I can watch the first half of S3, preferably non torrent based if poss, as the family ain't keen on the use of torrents?

Don't want to wait till April / May for S3 on Channel 5.

Thanks.

Im not sure on that one. I use torrents.

I do know FX are planning a re-run of the first half of season 3 before the next part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a place where I can watch the first half of S3, preferably non torrent based if poss....

There are plenty of streaming sites, google is your friend.
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Andrea is not a 'bimbo', she can shoot as well as anyone else.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Any "bimbo" can shoot straight (without thinking why), yet remain a "bimbo". But I agree and don't think she's a bimbo.

Looking at the way she enjoyed the gladiator fight and the gleeful look on her face when she disobeyed orders and jumped off the wall to kill a walker, I think the tag of "danger junkie" is more apt.
    Or are you judging her for having sex with someone?

I haven't seen anyone here doing this. However, I do judge her negatively for the choices she made. The sex is incidental.
    ....she will return to her original group in the second part of season 3.

Since Andrea was only too willing to give up the groups last known location to Merle, knowing he had "issues" with the men who left him on the roof in Atlanta, don't you think this would be somewhat hypocritical? Even Merle was a little incredulous.

I want Daryl to kill the Governor and Andrea to kill Merle and for Daryl and Andrea to escape back to the rest of the group.

Do you really think Daryl would forgive her for this?
    Forum Member

Do you really think Daryl would forgive her for this?

Not really but he might have realised what Merle is really like.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excelents wrote: »

Not too spoilery - can not wait for WD to return!!!!:D

Thanks for the links:)
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excelents wrote: »

I'm appalled by how little will power I have - couldn't resist!