Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Which one do you mean?

Rhymes with Pisa & has a husband who thinks a pony tail with a huge bald spot is "Trendy":D
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Rhymes with Pisa & has a husband who thinks a pony tail with a huge bald spot is "Trendy":D

No! :eek: I don't think so. But I have been known to be wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! Harold Shipman is so apt for him! And does anyone else think Chick looks like Victor Meldrew and Jo looks like Shirley Carter from Eastenders?? :D
    Ben reminds me of Dom Joly.

We could start a whole new game every week with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Jo seems impressed by Chick for some reason. Hope we have a bust-up soon.

Quote from the payment day write up on Channel 4 website.

"And emotions run high when Jo from Blackpool discovers that her harshest critic was the one she considered her closest ally."

So apparently she didn't realise she got the couples the wrong way round until the end. Wonder if that affected what she paid Ben & Keri?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking at next week's offering. Hey, there is Satis House in Suffolk. I know Satis House! Only 30 miles from me.

Apparantly an 8" cumberland sausage and a fire alarm feature next week too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Quote from the payment day write up on Channel 4 website.

"And emotions run high when Jo from Blackpool discovers that her harshest critic was the one she considered her closest ally."

So apparently she didn't realise she got the couples the wrong way round until the end. Wonder if that affected what she paid Ben & Keri?

I bet it did! Should be interesting on Friday when she finds out!
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

I bet it did! Should be interesting on Friday when she finds out!

Not sure that such a misunderstanding from the forms has ever happened before. Should be interesting.

However, Chick and Jason's mission to pick fault with everything to score points is getting tedious.

One of the difficulties with the show is that too many B&B owners judge the others on what they want / would like personally and give no consideration to how well a B&B serves its chosen market, I daresay Lisa & Graham's place in Melksham will be a case in point as it has a distinct market and is not aimed purely at people on short breaks but is specifically geared to accommodating people attending their IT training centre.

At least the high-priced B&Bs usually get significant underpayments, so I really can't see Knock Castle doing too well, although Chick will surely underpay harshly (a) because of his competitiveness and gameplaying and (b) his forms were scored harshly too. Whether that will make enough of a difference in percentage terms when £60 v £320, we shall see....
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Hi Hoppy

I spilt a glass of rose wine over a laptop keyboard once - so probably worse because it was chilled.

I tipped it upside down to drain as much as I could. Took the battery out and then left it all in the airing cupboard for a couple of days.

Amazingly it worked ok, but there was a smell of boiling wine for ages afterwards
    which was a bit embarrassing in the office :o

That was all rather boring I thought, but they seem pleasant and kindly people trying hard.

I have twice (yes, TWICE!) spilt a mug of coffee over my keyboard at work. Fortunately our IT guy is a kind bloke who has yet to beat me with a stick for my carelessness... :o

Agree with general comments - I'm liking Chic less and less as the week progresses. Other couples seem OK - even creepy Graham (who reminds me of my friend's ex - also called Graham, also slightly weird...).
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I know your list wasn't meant to be the definitive list of, erm... "character" owners but I felt Julian Peck deserved a name check there... :D

I liked Jason and Chick on day 1 but I think they've become increasingly smug as the week has gone on and it's not attractive. And neither is Melksham. I know Melksham. It is a hole. Having said that, there's plenty to do and see in the area (providing you've got a car) and anyway, they have explained that they see it as a business hotel. Looks fine to me. I can see how a fridge in the room would lead one to expect a mini-bar but I'd far rather have a fridge in the room in which I can store a nice bottle of white wine rather than lots of minature spirits and mini-mixers at rip-off prices. And no £20 a bottle corkage charge either... :mad:

I think today's couple have identified their market, cater to it efficiently, and while it is a bit clinical, I'd rather have clean and clinical than lots of knicknacks and in-yer-face patterned wallpaper. And apart from an increasingly strong desire to cut off that daft pony tail framing its large bald spot, I thought today's hosts were perfectly pleasant.

But Melksham... :eek:

Wonder if they'd have been very much different if they hadn't gone first?
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Not sure that such a misunderstanding from the forms has ever happened before. Should be interesting.

However, Chick and Jason's mission to pick fault with everything to score points is getting tedious.

One of the difficulties with the show is that too many B&B owners judge the others on what they want / would like personally and give no consideration to how well a B&B serves its chosen market, I daresay Lisa & Graham's place in Melksham will be a case in point as it has a distinct market and is not aimed purely at people on short breaks but is specifically geared to accommodating people attending their IT training centre.

At least the high-priced B&Bs usually get significant underpayments, so I really can't see Knock Castle doing too well, although Chick will surely underpay harshly (a) because of his competitiveness and gameplaying and (b) his forms were scored harshly too. Whether that will make enough of a difference in percentage terms when £60 v £320, we shall see....

Exactly, we know they might not choose to go there personally, but that's not the point of the competition.
    Yesterday the activity was criticised, but I thought it was showing what was around the area far more than some of the activities of previous series.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    Ten_Ben wrote: »

Hi Ten_Ben

I agree with all you've said.
    I'd quite like it if they changed the questions and the criteria for scoring and awarding payments.
    It's similar to Come Dine With Me and May The Best House Win - it's not always the most deserving who wins, because if someone decides to deliberately undermark/pay, they manipulate the result.
    gboy wrote: »
    I have twice (yes, TWICE!) spilt a mug of coffee over my keyboard at work. Fortunately our IT guy is a kind bloke who has yet to beat me with a stick for my carelessness... :o

Hell gboy, twice! :o

Valentine wrote: »
    Wonder if they'd have been very much different if they hadn't gone first?

Quite so. These are the kind of people you really wish were the last to play.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only twice gboy? My old laptop was drunk the amount of vodka and diet coke that has been spilled over it!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only twice gboy? My old laptop was drunk the amount of vodka and diet coke that has been spilled over it!

I can proudly say that I have never, ever wasted any alcohol on my laptop.

It doesnt have time between leaving the glass and me swallowing it :D
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,381
    Forum Member
    'evening all, lets the fun begin :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No George tonight (again)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can proudly say that I have never, ever wasted any alcohol on my laptop.

It doesnt have time between leaving the glass and me swallowing it :D

Its normally when I'm pouring it and not paying attention lol.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger off, Chick. Cheers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the Yurts have power points :eek::p
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a bit camp! :D
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the Yurts have power points :eek::p

I dont think Graham and Lisa mind. They have become my favourite couple by far. :)

Actually I'm :eek: :eek: by that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding the absence of George intriguing. Don't they usually give an explanation as to why a contestant suddenly disappears on these types of programmes? Strange. I thought she was a very pleasant mannerly person. Unlike that awful Scottish pair.

Kerry reminds me of Dec from Ant'n'Dec.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think Graham and Lisa mind. They have become my favourite couple by far. :)

Actually I'm :eek: :eek: by that :D

Agree. I think they're coming across really well. Plus their place was nice.

Second choice for me is Ben and his mate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason and Chic have been so sour and begrudging this week. Their place looks lovely but I cant imagine wanting to spend time with them or put money in their pockets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason and Chic have been so sour and begrudging this week. Their place looks lovely but I cant imagine wanting to spend time with them or put money in their pockets.

I feel exactly the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. I think they're coming across really well. Plus their place was nice.

Second choice for me is Ben and his mate

Oh yes absolutely agree.

I cant bring myself to like Jo (neither can George:confused: ) and I think jason and chick are just plain old bleurgh! :(
This discussion has been closed.