Kiss FM

Comments

• ErwinErwin Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldschool? I don't hear any 80's music. Lots of 90's and later tracks.
  • steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Kisstory, will be, who is it aimed at, is it the same age group as Kiss, or is aimed at a slightly older audience, or bit of both?

I'm 43, but i'm coming from a generation, that was brought up with 80s music as a teenager, and the explosion of dance music when i was 18+ to go clubbing.

To me, many an old skool dance track is the equivalent of some one older, being the teenager in the 50s, and out to dance halls 18+, wanting to listen to (Capital) Gold, to hear the likes of rock & roll, which would the dance music of that generation.

Now they are older, they still want to hear all the music that they grew up with, i still enjoy the songs i heard whilst out clubbing, tunes i bought, listened in the car too, many that when heard now, brings out the tales attached to them, the trying to jump a wall, falling in a ditch, going to a rave with song on radio, etc etc

I think that is when this age bracket to listen to something, kinda goes out the window, at my age, listening to 80s and 90s dance, is no different to older people listening to 60s rock & roll and 70s disco that they grew up with.

I have seen myself listen to a couple of online oldie stations, and the issue i have, is for myself, there is too many spice tracks, that as i didn't grow up then, i don't know them, but looking on a forum, others rave that the station is great, this is the problem that Kisstory will have, if you aim it outside the target group of Kiss, then does that make it a turn off for the core audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Unlike Friday when it's a bit more variety in specialized music. All you hear on snk are the remixes of well known overplayed anthems till around about 4am. Should at least pull Smart's show back till 4pm (Dance Anthems rival). Bring that new kid in from 7-10pm and start heading underground till around 4am

Yeah true, I think that would be a really good idea for the schedule.
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I need to do a(nother) Freeview retune to get the Kisstory channel? Still Heat on 714 for me.
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how to add Kisstory to pure digital radio connect?

They don't have it listed yet.
  • CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Click the + next to favorites
    Fill in the pop up with the name and stream http://icy-e-02.sharp-stream.com:80/kisstory.mp3
    save by clicking Add Custom Station

This works fine on my Sensia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the URL for KissFresh?
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erwin wrote: »

http://icy-e-02.sharp-stream.com:80/kissfresh.mp3
  • BollardBollard Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bollard wrote: »
    There's only so many times they can play B15 Project, Sweet Female Attitude, Architechs, Tina Moore & DJ Pied Piper! :D
    Just tuned in for the first time, second track heard - Sweet Female Attitude :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's kisstory.

The one posted earlier is a single server, not load balanced. They won't thank you for sharing that. Try these:

http://tx.sharp-stream.com/icecast.php?i=kisstory.mp3
    http://tx.sharp-stream.com/icecast.php?i=kissfresh.mp3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie wrote: »
    Click the + next to favorites
    Fill in the pop up with the name and stream http://icy-e-02.sharp-stream.com:80/kisstory.mp3
    save by clicking Add Custom Station

This works fine on my Sensia

Works a treat, cheers. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djgeeza wrote: »
    The one posted earlier is a single server, not load balanced. They won't thank you for sharing that. Try these:

http://tx.sharp-stream.com/icecast.php?i=kisstory.mp3
    http://tx.sharp-stream.com/icecast.php?i=kissfresh.mp3

Sorry, not working.
  • BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    I've recorded the launch sequence on www.radiorecorder.co.uk. I can post it up if anyone's interested.

I would like to hear it as I was working
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Confused as to what Kiss Fresh is? I presumed it was brand new tracks/out this week/promo stuff, but listened for a bit and heard stuff like Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie which is months old. Sounds just the same as standard Kiss 105-8.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,353
    Forum Member
    Boolian wrote: »
    I would like to hear it as I was working
    www.radiofeeds.co.uk/pics/KisstoryLaunch.mp3
    Launch sequence is around 1:46 in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found the right URL already. Yes I hear Timberlake but also other new tracks.
  • BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    www.radiofeeds.co.uk/pics/KisstoryLaunch.mp3
    Launch sequence is around 1:46 in.

thank you
  • steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused as to what Kiss Fresh is? I presumed it was brand new tracks/out this week/promo stuff, but listened for a bit and heard stuff like Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie which is months old. Sounds just the same as standard Kiss 105-8.

Never had a good listen to Fresh compared to Kisstory, but the 15 minutes or so i had it on around 10.30, it played Gold Dust, so i was confused a bit as well, partly as my understanding was the station was going to play new releases, introduce us to new acts, and play current stuff that was less mainstream.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    enjoyed the takeover shows tonight with Salt N Pepa and Dizzee Rascal/Calvin Harris! Sounded great so far!
  • FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiss in 'glorious' 112kbps MP2 stereo has apparently now vanished from the following local muxes:

Kent, South Hampshire, Sussex Coast, Cambridge, Norwich, Peterborough, Ayr, Aberdeen, Bradford & Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke on Trent, Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Central Lancashire, Dundee &Perth, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Humberside, Inverness, Leeds, Liverpool, South Yorkshire, Tyne & Wear and Teeside.

Still there in London?
  • mfrmfr Posts: 5,617
    Forum Member
    FM_Bandit wrote: »
    Kiss in 'glorious' 112kbps MP2 stereo has apparently now vanished from the following local muxes:

I'm surprised they haven't replaced Kiss with Kisstory (it was 128kbit/s in Inverness). We lost Heat to get Kiss; now there's a mostly empty Bauer-run multiplex.
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mfr wrote: »
    I'm surprised they haven't replaced Kiss with Kisstory (it was 128kbit/s in Inverness). We lost Heat to get Kiss; now there's a mostly empty Bauer-run multiplex.

I'm sure stoke can give you a run for your money on that front, what anoyed me was despite loads of space they reduced heat from 128k stereo to 80k mono..
    We have only 5 stations on stoke now, and have never had the luxury of the MXR mux's in the area, Shame they didn't put kisstory on the mux instead, it at least have bought back magic which they took off for kiss in the first place..
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kisstory can now be found on the tune in app & website.
    but not on radio player as of yet.