3D Villain Month Covers

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
Just got my weekly comic delivery and my comic store have given me 5/5 of the limited 3D covers - Batman, Justice League, Detective, Dark Knight and Batman+Robin. This might be one big marketing ploy but I don't care cos they look great. Don't know if they're giving these to ALL their subscribers but just in case I'm emailing off a thanxverymuch message with the hope that I'll see more 3D covers arriving during September. :cool:

[edit]

Hopefully they won't read my message and deliberately NOT 3D me ever again. :cry:

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I've got the Batman and Justice League 3D covers but I couldn't get the 3D Detective Comics one as the guy in the my local comic book shop said that they only did so many 3D covers and once they ran out they had to print 2D versions!

This is a one off thing for Villians Month!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    This is a one off thing for Villians Month!
    Yeah, unless it turns out to be such a money producer that they decide to give us another "event month" in 2014.

I've got ~12 more Villains to come this month, here's hoping for the complete set. :)
    ....I couldn't get the 3D Detective Comics

I guess Poison Ivy's 3D boobs were very popular. :D

btw: eBay could be your friend if you're flushed and desperate for it.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do look good.

If I wasn't so angry with DC right now, I'd like them more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    They do look good.

If I wasn't so angry with DC right now, I'd like them more.

Ok, I'll bite.... Y U :mad: at DC :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had Joker, Cyborg Superman and Relik delivered yesterday and I agree they look amazing.

I might have to buy the hardback collection of all of them when it is released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones I got today were Poison Ivy - Joker - Two Face - Ventriloquist and DarkSeid.

iiuc the hardback collection is gonna be fkn expensive. :eek:

One thing I love about these covers is it makes me more happy buying things monthly instead of taking the intelligent option and buying the trade paperbook collections in 6ish months time and saving a few $s.

BTW: call me Mr Slow but I've just noticed all the #1s on the cover - could this indicate a certainty that another Month of the Baddies is already on the calendar. ?! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.... Y U :mad: at DC :confused:

Two things at the moment.

1) they've cancelled the LSH
    2) they pissed off the Batwoman writers who've not quit. I love that title
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Two things at the moment.

1) they've cancelled the LSH
    2) they pissed off the Batwoman writers who've not quit. I love that title

I avoided these :mad:s by not having these titles on my follow-list. Phew.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I occurred to me that at the end of this month Batman is gonna be dog-tired.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turns out my online CBS has been 'handing' out these 3D covers on a first-come-first-served basis, so since I got my initial order in early I'd been doing very well. And here was me thinking they'd singled me out as special. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My comic shop (OK Comics) tell me they were shorted on their delivery, and the ones they did get have flown off the shelves. They've happily given priority to those with regular orders, so I was able to get them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought myself intelligent but it never occurred that the natural thing to do would be to dish them out on pre-order date basis. :o

The one (and hopefully only) miss I've had (got email today saying unfortunately....) has been for one of the Justice Baddies whom I've never heard of but which I ordered for completeness sake, Wall:E, or something like that).

If I can get all the Batman titled ones I'll consider my Villains month a win. We've got Bane coming next week (not this week coming but next), and that could be a goodie.

When my 2D version of Wall:E arrives I'll check to see whether it's worth trying to eBay the 3D version. Seen previous 3D up there for downright silly money, but also some up for not much more than normal cos the demand was that high. Maybe I can grab the missing 1 for not much more than a microwavable chicken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you just hate it when you've looked forward for ages to receive the 3D Doomsday cover pf Batman Superman 3.1 only to discover 10mins ago that you'd actually ordered the plain boring crappyold 2D version instead of the sparkling topnotch 3D version. :mad:
    Oh well .... didn't want the 3D version anyway. :cry: