Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• pjayem1964pjayem1964 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Jackpot - Jo Nesbo 8.5/10. Norwegian Violent Comedy, Hilarious.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We Need To Talk About Kevin - 8/10

Beautifully shot and acted. Not quite as solid as the book.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Incredible Shrinking Man 8/10 ...classic late 50s horror ...in its time this was a really scary horror paticully the cat and spider scenes ..only the slightly disappointing ending spoils it a bit !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rock of Ages (2012).

Loved most of the music, and was surprised at how good Tom Cruise was as a rock star. 8/10.

Agree ! feel this film got a unfair bad press !...good feel good film !
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Roommate [2011]. Director: Christian E. Christiansen

5/10

Sexy college girl discovers her roommate is an obsessively jealous lesbian psycho. Always dubious to have a character on medication for mental health problems as a villain.

Abandoned [2010]. Director: Michael Feifer

3/10

Another unoriginal thriller with Brittany Murphy wandering around a hospital looking for her missing boyfriend and wondering who she can trust. The plot falls away badly in the final third. Released direct to video after Murphy's death (and dedicated to her memory).
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Dark skies. I'd give it 5/10 it just felt like a worse version of paranormal activity.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Silver Linings Playbook 4/10 - Over rated and boring.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pericom wrote: »

I found it annoying, I only got as far as Chris Rock rearranging De'niro's remote controls and then had to switch off.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Escape from Huang Shi 8/10.

True story about a British journalist who rescued Chinese orphans from Japan invasion 1930s.

Lovely story great cinematography,although flawed and historically not totally accurate. Good to watch.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pericom wrote: »

I found it way over rated. It wasn't a bad film, I'd say average and certainly not the masterpiece it is made out to be although I will concede that the acting was very good
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Invaders From Mars, shown on BBC2 today. It's terrible really and always reminds me of a Saturday morning cheapie at the pictures.
    As usual the picture quality was awful and it looked like a standards-converted VT. Time they dug out the original negative and made a nice scan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Invaders From Mars, shown on BBC2 today. It's terrible really and always reminds me of a Saturday morning cheapie at the pictures.
    As usual the picture quality was awful and it looked like a standards-converted VT. Time they dug out the original negative and made a nice scan.

Oh come on.. a lot of these 50s sci fi movies are similar ! bad backdrops and very cheap special effects but they are huge fun ..a good laugh ! I prefer these to to the mega buck special effect modern films anyday ! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    The Incredible Shrinking Man 8/10 ...classic late 50s horror ...in its time this was a really scary horror paticully the cat and spider scenes ..only the slightly disappointing ending spoils it a bit !

I will never forget that scene with the spider and needle. (Watching it as a kid) Brilliant for its day though.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Tall Man - Interesting idea, poor execution. 5/10
    Paranorman - bored from the second it came on. Terrible film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I will never forget that scene with the spider and needle. (Watching it as a kid) Brilliant for its day though.

Its even on the cover of the DVD !
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wreck It Ralph

Very entertaining and fun movie to watch. :) 10/10
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sightseers - hmmmm 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Watch Free Movies

This site links to all the free movie sites in the UK that don't require any sign up. It also shows you how to watch US TV channels on your laptop or tablet so you can watch the latest episodes as soon as they air in the US.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    Carry on Cabby (1963) - 6.5/10
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Oh come on.. a lot of these 50s sci fi movies are similar ! bad backdrops and very cheap special effects but they are huge fun ..a good laugh ! I prefer these to to the mega buck special effect modern films anyday ! :)

Oh I agree really. These modern po-faced megabuck FX films can't hold a candle to many of the 50's cheapies. I suppose I'd put Invaders from Mars in the 'so bad it's good' category!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoTR trilogy.

Probably the #1 overrated trilogy in film. The only things I liked about it were the locations and the CGI, everything else was bland and safe. It was basically a pompous Avatar.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Dawn Pt 1. Dull, dull, dull. But, I think I'm not 'getting it' as my idea of vampires and werewolves are normally a little more visceral. However my teenage daughter ( the reason I was enduring the movie ) loved it.

5/10.

Stunning locations mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if I am not there 9/10

Brilliant movie.

Women's plight against the soldiers in Bosnia war.

Brutal and if your not too fond of men in general it certainly will not restore your faith.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Cell [2000]. Director: Tarsem Singh

6/10

Visually ambitious (from a rock promo director) but with a messy sf/horror/serial killer plot.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.