Recent songs that'll be used this year

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
Forum Member
SCD are often quite good at using contemporary music in the dances, and with 2013 being such a varied year for music, I started wondering what recent hits will end up on the show.

Some of my tips...

Cha-Cha-Cha
Treasure (Bruno Mars)

Rumba
When I Was Your Man (Bruno Mars)
Beneath Your Beautiful (Labrinth & Emeli Sande)

Salsa
Get Lucky (Daft Punk)

Samba
Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke & Pharrel)
Wonder (Emeli Sande & Naughty Boy)

Foxtrot
A Beautiful Day (Michael Buble)
Just Give Me A Reason (Pink feat. Nate Ruess)

Viennese Waltz
Let Her Go (Passenger)

Quickstep
Little Talks (Of Monsters & Men)
It's Time (Imagine Dragons)

Paso Doble
Pompeii (Bastille)

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    We'll see a Charleston to Bang Bang by will.i.am that Len'll despise, a Contemporary to a Tom Odell track (they sound mostly the same) if they follow DWTS further and introduce it as a dance, a Rumba to Diamonds by Rihanna, and a plodding Samba to One More Night by Maroon 5.

I agree that Treasure will almost certainly be used, too.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Eliza Doolittle single sounds like it'll be used for some variation of sal-sam-cha at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Get Lucky forced into a cha-cha for a show-opening dance in week 1.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they did a Fusion, then "Love Me Again" by John Newman will probably be used. "La La La" by Naughty Boy ft Sam Smith could possibly work as a (very) slow Cha Cha. I'm pretty sure "I Love It" by Icona Pop will be a Showdance too.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I just hope they use traditional music for an AT or a Paso and don't ruin them with silly music...:rolleyes:... rest...I think is very much workable and I don't care much.... :p:D

ETA... some workable song choices here but no to ' I love it' for any genre please!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm don't know if it'll be used but I think a good contemporary song for a QS could be 'Lightening Bolt' by Jake Bugg - I think the song would suit a younger celeb - it would also have been an appropriate song for Usain Bolt if they ever managed to get him on the show but I don't think there's any chance of that happening :D
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they did a Fusion, then "Love Me Again" by John Newman will probably be used. "La La La" by Naughty Boy ft Sam Smith could possibly work as a (very) slow Cha Cha. I'm pretty sure "I Love It" by Icona Pop will be a Showdance too.

Dave Arch and his Orchestra taking on Icona Pop would be something..
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »

I died at their "Mama Do The Hump" last year.

They were (c)rapping!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »

Why do envisage it sounding like a herd of Daleks?...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybes...........

Waltz - Jack Johnson - I got you

Tango or Paso - Lady Gaga - Applause
  • Dorkus_Dorkus_ Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see them doing will.i.am, 'Bang Bang' for a Charleston.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought of another one:

"The Other Side" by Jason Derulo (Cha Cha Cha)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars is bound to be used! Probably Beneath Your Beautiful as well.

Basically, the songs that radio have absolutely hammered! :p
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars is bound to be used! Probably Beneath Your Beautiful as well.

Basically, the songs that radio have absolutely hammered! :p

Both could work as Rumbas or Waltzes, I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised they didn't use Emile Sande last year.....given her prominence at the Olympics and generally on tv/radio. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea and some people think she's over exposed but I like her so I hope at least one of her tracks is used this year.

Just a bit of a moan....... I like Adele and I wanted 'Rumour has it' to be used because I felt it really suited a tango, however I think her music has been used far too much over the past few series and last year was overkill with them using 3 tracks of hers for different celeb dances............the same with Beyonce.......3 tracks of hers were used - two of them for Kimberely's dances.

I think if they're going to use modern music they should vary the artists used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I was surprised they didn't use Emile Sande last year.....given her prominence at the Olympics and generally on tv/radio. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea and some people think she's over exposed but I like her so I hope at least one of her tracks is used this year.

Just a bit of a moan....... I like Adele and I wanted 'Rumour has it' to be used because I felt it really suited a tango, however I think her music has been used far too much over the past few series and last year was overkill with them using 3 tracks of hers for different celeb dances............the same with Beyonce.......3 tracks of hers were used - two of them for Kimberely's dances.

I think if they're going to use modern music they should vary the artists used.

I agree with you Topaz. I like having a mix of modern music and traditional music, I'm not one of those fuddy duddies who want only traditional music to be danced to as I understand completely how that wouldn't be a good idea. However, I also don't want to watch Kimberley Walsh dancing to the same artist twice.
    Forum Member
    So that Pasha cant use a Beyoncé track again, I think Beyoncé tracks should be banned on SCD... ;):p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't use a One Direction song, although they probably didn't want to give Cowell the promotion. Personally I'm not complaining. ;)
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we say this every year now but i do hope they don't re-use songs from last year and previous years :mad:
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Tangled Up " by Caro Emerald will surely be chosen for an Argentine Tango.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Tangled Up " by Caro Emerald will surely be chosen for an Argentine Tango.

Yes I love that song and I hope it is used :)
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a Salsa to Antenna by Fuse. :)
    Forum Member
    Lana Del Ray - 'Young and beautiful' - for a waltz or a rumba
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true that Julien Macdonald is in the line up I guess they could use 'Fashion' by David Bowie......I think it would suit a tango?

I know it's 30 odd years old so not a 'recent' song but still very 'contemporary' sounding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all recent but I'm surprised we haven't seen a Quickstep to Mr Blue Sky by the Electric Light Orchestra, it's one of those songs that everyone knows.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    If it's true that Julien Macdonald is in the line up I guess they could use 'Fashion' by David Bowie......I think it would suit a tango?

I know it's 30 odd years old so not a 'recent' song but still very 'contemporary' sounding.

It is still far better than plenty of current tunes.