Song Pop

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
Forum Member
Quite a good little game where you guess the names of songs from all different kinds of categories, anyone on here play it ?

username: leemuir!

Comments

• MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    I love it.

Have been playing it for 2 weeks now and am quite addicted to it.

I am absolutely crap at Modern Rap though.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love this on facebook its great
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Username BarryWilson

and yes I play it, a lot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi to everyone!

Do you want to sing? Like Jlo?

With friends? For free?

i want to suggest you, Sing Different, a very unusual game where you can play with music and friends!

Sing Different http://itunes.apple.com/app/id546703420
    byez!
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm addicted. Username "catten666"

I'm pretty good at most catergories, but excel at 80's. Modern Rap, Indie and any Country are my worst.

Anyone want some pro-tips?

1. Speed counts. You need to answer as fast as possible. The best way to do this is to play on Facebook where you can position your mouse in between all 4 and you don't block answers with your hand.
    2. Accuracy counts. you need to get them right. Sure you can rack up some impressive scoring by guessing all 5 right within 0.2 seconds, but these games are rare. My general tactic is to give it until 2s then make an educated guess if I don't know.
    3. Questions 3, 4 and 5 are effectivley worth more points. They are not, but due to the multiplyer it works out that way. So if you've got the first 2 right, you get bonus points. Speed adds in here too making question 5 a possible game changer if you answer fast. Therefore if your ona challenge you don't like, shadow your opponent but on question 5 just pick one of the 4 super fast. you have a one in 4 chance of winning due to the insane speed and the multiplyer bonus on a question you'd have lost anyway.
    4. Don't just stick to your own turf. I love 80's so I have 80's UK, 80's USA, 80's germany and 80's France. The France one is the only one which has non English music in it. Plus when your opponenet sees "80er" and the German flag. They panic.
    5. Mass powerups - Challenge a random, beat the random, and then delete the challenge after collecting the coins. This still counts as a "won against" at the end of the week so nets you 1 powerup per time.
    6. Go "AFK" strategically. - We all have friends who we can't just delete the challenge. Your beating them 9-10 on a Sunday pm? Go AFK for the rest of the day and you'll win for the week. Obviously be careful what you post on FB during this time!
    7. Use your powerups wisely. If you are beating someone 2-10 then don't bother with powering up, take the loss if need be. Save them for challenges/games which count. They stack across weeks so try to save them for as late in the week as you can.
    8. Delete any lost cause challenges. There are SongPop sharks out there. I'm one of them. The amount of games I have where I'm winning 2-15 against a random is stupidly high. They've earned 2 coins and I've earned 45. I like a challenge, but if someone is going to hand me that many coins then how can I say no!. Delete random people better than you and move onto easier prey.
    9. Listen to music. This may seem obvious but people expect to be good at SongPop when all they've done is listen to Radio 1. Hear a song snippet you like? Spotify it. Like that song? Check out more by that artist. Like the genre as a whole, listen to some "best of the genre" albums. That said there is little to no point in researching catergories you hate. Just be good at catergories you like and gradually expand your listening. 80's leads to 70's and 70's to Disco etc.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do....I'm a lot quicker on the laptop though than on my phone.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    I play on my phone under MojoMaster
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to meet the person who can beat me over a week.. muahahaha!

username 0jasonwatkins if anyone wants to try ;)
  • ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Love this game. My favourite categories are Ultimate 2000s, Dance, Electronic & Today's Hits. Not keen on Summer 2012, what a waste of coins that was. It just seems to be a load of USA songs that nobody from the UK has heard of. I'd share my username but it's my Facebook and my full name, does anybody know how I can change it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this game. My favourite categories are Ultimate 2000s, Dance, Electronic & Today's Hits. Not keen on Summer 2012, what a waste of coins that was. It just seems to be a load of USA songs that nobody from the UK has heard of. I'd share my username but it's my Facebook and my full name, does anybody know how I can change it?

I don't think you can but it does it really matter?

I can guess by your Digital Spy forum name that your name is Chris James or Chris James Sats but it's just a name. Mine is Steven White. No one can steal anythign with just a name, just make sure your profile is private and that you don't have address and phone number on it and your good to go.

Summer 2012 isn't that bad, just don't buy Jpop or Kpop. Totally awful for us UK'rs.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Is there any way you can play it without having Facebook? I'd love to play it but I avoid FB like the plague and will continue to do so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way you can play it without having Facebook? I'd love to play it but I avoid FB like the plague and will continue to do so.

You can play via an iPhone or Android app but whether or not that requires a Facebook account I'm unsure of. You could always set up a fake one.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    You can play via an iPhone or Android app but whether or not that requires a Facebook account I'm unsure of. You could always set up a fake one.

I'll check out the iPhone app.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can play on Android, IPhone IPad whatever.