news about GAME

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
Forum Member
GAMEare back in Manchester Arndale and open this Friday!!!
Turned out that the were bought by the owners of Comet snf I only found out this morning.:cool::):cool::):D:D

Comments

• tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's connected but a branch of Gamestation in a nearby town just became a GAME store on Monday. Not sure if it's connected or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Owned by the same company but the arndale centre's branch used to decent for old games and PC software buow they might as well not bother (the same with Market Street's HMV)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's connected but a branch of Gamestation in a nearby town just became a GAME store on Monday. Not sure if it's connected or not.

That will probably be connected. Last I checked both GAME and Gamestation are owned by the same company (that seems to favour GAME over gamestation)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I believe the company is retiring the Gamestation brand soon.

Shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always loved gamestation back in the day when they had a retro consoles and games section. A shame when they stopped all that.
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been in the Manchester arndale. Well I forget when I last went. It's awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    I believe the company is retiring the Gamestation brand soon.

Shame.

Yeah it's ridiculous. Up here Gamestations were regularly beating the pants of the local GAME's. No big deal you'd think. Both owned by the same company. money money money etc but no, they close down every Gamestation that had a GAME within a certain distance (3 or 4 of them shut, leaving only one left for the moment).

Did this spectacular managerial decision make any improvements. Of course not. Regular gamestation customers who would occasionally use GAME now never spend their money in GAME, No further income from those gamestations to swell the greedy managerial coffers.

Cracking plan lads, purely because your GAME branded stores were being beaten.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »
    I haven't been in the Manchester arndale.
    Well I forget when I last went. It's awful
    Must have been quite a long time ago then ... perhaps before the IRA tried to blow the place up in 1996?

Either that, or you prefer shopping at posh overpriced department stores.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay...
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local game re opened last week too I had no idea, still haven't went back in lol
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish they hadn't closed down the Gamestation in Birmingham city centre.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish they hadn't closed down the Gamestation in Birmingham city centre.

I know, one of the best shops i've been in! The staff didn't hassle you either, just left you to walk round. Maybe it will come back as a GAME?
    Saying that though, the HMV on the High Street has gone now, so maybe it's the high rents.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The Gamestation near to where I live has changed to GAME & all the staff are still ripping about in their Gamestation polo shirts
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    The Gamestation near to where I live has changed to GAME & all the staff are still ripping about in their Gamestation polo shirts

:D:D:D
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    Turned out that the were bought by the owners of Comet snf I only found out this morning.:cool::):cool::):D:D

Is it the main one near the Market Street entrance or the one at the back near Sports Direct?

Was going into town tomorrow might see if they want to try to extort me.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamestation in liverpool has now turned into game..

where a simple conversation about forza horizion was met with a blank face, she tried to sell me disc insurance and called me "sir.."

:cry:

bad times
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a goodbye e-mail of Gamestation.co.uk which said they are merging with game.co.uk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Are GAME selling EA products again?
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they won't mess with Gamestation customers, have this feeling they'll prevent use of Gamestation cards, gift cards etc very soon despite being still valid in term of dates.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    mrobbo wrote: »
    Are GAME selling EA products again?

Yes, they have been for ages now:)
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't mess with Gamestation customers, have this feeling they'll prevent use of Gamestation cards, gift cards etc very soon despite being still valid in term of dates.

As far as I'm aware if you take your gamestation card into GAME they will redeem the money for you:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »

..Ooops..
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lolz poor them
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems that particular shop is cursed!:eek:
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of any of the closed GAME stores in NI re-opening any time soon. There are only 5 still remaining AFAIK.