Disney Channel sitcoms

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
Forum Member
A thread for the many sitcoms on Disney Channel as I don't think there's enough interest on here to warrant a thread for each :D

But, does anyone watch them?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to, I liked Lizzie McGuire, Phil Of The Future and That's So Raven
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    yes I am watching dog with a blog, crash and bernsten, ant farm, mr young.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Phil of the Future.

I wonder how many remember The Sinbad Show, The Torklesons or Thunder Alley?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I liked That's So Raven, Lizzie Mguire, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverley Place and Sonny With A Chance but I think I've grown out of Disney now and they don't really make good shows anymore but I do occasionally watch Shake It Up.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Only watch goodluck Charlie .... Can't stand ant farm, Austin and allie and all those new shows.

That's so raven, proud family, Lizzie McGuire, wizards of Waverley, phil of the future, Hannah montan were the best shows and once that ended Disney hasn't really been the same( opinion not fact)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do animated ones count? Because 'Gravity Falls' on Disney XD is a belter of a show.
  • TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked That's So Raven and going further back Smart Guy, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World and Two Of A Kind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    That' So Raven was amazing!
    Miss the old disney channel with shows like that.
    Never watch that channel anymore.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,156
    Forum Member
    Dinosaurs :D
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzie Mcguire
    thats so raven
    hannah montana
    wizards of waverly place
    sonny with a chance

And @technix did 2 of a kind have Mary kate and ashley in? because they did a series of the same name?
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I could never get into home improvement :(. But to be honest I'm more of a nickelodeon kid:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's So Raven, Smart Guy, Phil Of The Futre, Boy Meets World, Lizzie McGuire, Life With Derek, Even Stevens, and a bunch of others that were on Disney Channel pre 07. Those were the golden years. Cartoons were good too. Kim Possible, Proud Family, etc. DCOMs were good then as well like Brink, Under Wraps, Smart House, The Thirteenth Year, and many more. Aww now nostalgia has set in...
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    7 years since Hannah Montana. Twitter reminded me as it's trending right now :D
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    That's so Raven was brilliant. Recent shows I like Good Luck, Charlie and Shake it Up and Jessie
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Disney sitcoms, past and present.

Good Luck Charlie is my guilty pleasure, as old as I am. Jessie is pretty good too, I'm evening liking Dog with a Blog!
    I don't really like Shake It Up. I agree that Gravity Falls is a good show - it's very funny!
    I'm too old to be watching them, but I don't care. :D

Don't even get me started on the old shows. Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, That's So Raven - that was the decade!
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones i remember enjoying are 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids', Teen Angel, Even Stevens, Smart Guy and Dinosaurs. Not a fan of the new stuff, though i can tolerate The Wizards of Waverly Palace and Good Luck Charlie.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerian and kel was good
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerian and kel was good

That show belonged to Nickeldeon.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched the ones in the past few years as my daughter is a huge fan (although she has started to be drawn to Nickelodeon and the likes of iCarly, Victorious and Alien Surf Girls). We've seen all the various incarnations of Suite Life, Hannah Montana, Ant Farm, Cory in the House, Shake it Up, Jessie and so on. You see the same episode time and time again but actually when a new ones on I'm quite keen to see it. An advert was on recently for new episodes and I asked my daughter if she had set it to record. :D

I think I once read that the Disney studio had the largest output of sitcoms these days.

Good Luck Charlie is very well done, and I enjoy the surreal scenes that appear at the end. Sonny with a Chance was also great until her meltdown, So Random wasn't as good as it lost the back story element and gained a really annoying person.

I never liked The Wizards of Waverley Place because the lead character (played by Selena Gomez) was so unlikeable. She had so many negative character traits (selfishness, lazyness, and so on) my parent-ness made me worry about her suitability as a role model. :p

It's also interesting seeing the production line their stars go through; first they show up as a bit part in another sit com, then they get a recurring role in someone else's show, then a series of their own/original disney movie (the order of these two seems to change now and again), then the lead in their own series, then a storyline where they join a band, then a single of their own followed by the album and them they either become film stars or music stars (or have a meltdown...although at times that looks like a career discision too).

Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgins, Brigit Mendler, Demi Lovato, Ashley Tisdale, Debby Ryan, Miley Cyrus and so on.

The men seem to have a similar production line but their only hope for an ending is asa film star as they generally miss out the music element.

(I prefer the cartoons though, Phineas and Ferbs and Gravity Falls are both superb as was Kim Possible back in the day).
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and it's not one that's made by Disney but it is shown on their channel so I also recommend My babysitter's a Vampire.

Most of the storylines are stolen from Buffy (Cheerleaders Witches, Inca Priestess, ghosts of dead students who possess the leads, vampire cars that eat squirrels and so on), but it's very well done.

All right, the car/squirrel thing wasn't buffy...that was from the film "I bought a Vampire Motorcycle". :p
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Wizards of Waverlt place.

At the moment i enjoy Jessie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire were the last ones I liked. Before that, I did enjoy Smart Guy and a the ABC sitcoms they used to show: Boy Meets World, Teen Angel, Dinosaurs, Home Improvement.

I never really got into Phil of the Future, Wizards, Suite Life and their more recent shows. My brother who is a couple of years younger did, but I think it was too late for me at that point.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    That's So Raven!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I love good luck Charlie, i'm far too old for it but I don't care, my excuse is that I watch it with the kids I babysit for. Amy Duncan is hilarious!
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    If only they had sitcoms like these here in the UK (aimed at kids/teens but with plenty of laughs). I'll probably give the BBC an idea but what shall I say? :D