What was the last game you bought in a shop...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
... and not online?

I think the last game I bought in a shop was Modern Warfare 2 and thats cos it was on sale for £25 in a supermarket (forget which one now) Game before that was MGS4 from GAME as I had £40 credit for them doing nothing.

But since I've bought every game online for the simple reason it tends to be cheaper, preorders always arrive a day or two early and I don't have to trapse out in the rain :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Picked up Mafia II in ASDA for £7.50 one day, that's the last one i've bought in store.

Tomorrow I pick up FIFA 13 in store though
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Skyrim' last year, from Tescoes, first morning of of release.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uncharted 3 :eek:

Surprised myself there. Most of my recent games have been PSN bought or freebies from Plus.

I'm quite happy playing games I already own but haven't finished.

Resi 6 would've have being my next shop buy but I didn't like the demo, Tomb Raider is next up.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only buy games from shops and have only bought games online a few times. I buy games on impulse usually and like to browse, and ask the assistants in GAME what they think. THey are usually right. they are quite good at my store in Kendal !
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Battlefield 3 Premium last week from HMV for about £2 more than it was online.

With the state of the mail service in my area online shopping is something I do less and less. Next day doesn't always mean next day and sometimes we don't get post delivered at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battlefield 3 premium edition from Asda.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa 13
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Fifa 13

i joined the queue of fifa sheep, 30 minutes later i had it in my hot little hand only to hand it over to my twelve year old..
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Borderlands 2 from HMV and it actually included preorder bonus too.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Sleeping Dogs from Asda a few days after it was launched. GAME, Argos & Gamestation were all sold out of the PS3 version near me
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Gran Turismo Academy Edition today from Tesco £16.97
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LBP Vita last week in Tesco
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i joined the queue of fifa sheep, 30 minutes later i had it in my hot little hand only to hand it over to my twelve year old..

what?
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monopoly
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Splinter Cell: Conviction on release day
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncharted 3 from blockbuster bought it a few months ago.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Battlefield 2: special forces expansion pack, back in year 2005.

Since then i've only ever bought downloadable games.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa 13 :D and before that tekken tag 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what?

ill translate, i went to asda, stood there for what seemed about 30 minutes, handed over my £46 and then got into my car, went to pick my kids up from their nans and gave them the game.

dont get so defensive:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa 13 :D and before that tekken tag 2

i want tekken tag, not paying full whack though

my asda have about six streetfighter v tekken for £15..

was going to get that last night but fifa cleaned me out
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitman Blood Money from game station yesterday, seen as though through my own stupidity it was pretty much eaten by my Xbox.
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I'm always buying games in shop's as I have no choice in ireland as they same price online.

what's worse is the price has gone up by €5 so all games are €54-£47.

To save money I would fly over to vistit family and friend's and pick up few games at stanstead airport returning back here but last month hmv has shut down so I can't buy any new games for £33.

so count yourself lucky living in the UK as the price's here are silly.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Lith66 wrote: »
    I'm always buying games in shop's as I have no choice in ireland as they same price online.

what's worse is the price has gone up by €5 so all games are €54-£47.

To save money I would fly over to vistit family and friend's and pick up few games at stanstead airport returning back here but last month hmv has shut down so I can't buy any new games for £33.

so count yourself lucky living in the UK as the price's here are silly.

I do agree with you. There's hardly any online retailers in Ireland so you're forced to pay the high prices. And the supermarkets aren't great either.

But since moving to Scotland things are so much cheaper, but I still dont like paying £30 - £35 for a new game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill translate, i went to asda, stood there for what seemed about 30 minutes, handed over my £46 and then got into my car, went to pick my kids up from their nans and gave them the game.

dont get so defensive:)

Maybe i shouldn't be defensive, but calling people who queue up for something they want 'sheep' is a bit over the top, was the word 'fan' not available?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe i shouldn't be defensive, but calling people who queue up for something they want 'sheep' is a bit over the top, was the word 'fan' not available?

like "i sheep" or "cod sheep"..

hey, i queued myself, i stood outside blockbuster in the rain for MW3 and ill do the same for BLOPS 2, that makes me a sheep

:)

im guessing your from the south, different sense of humour probably;)