Nokia Internet Radio for nokia asha 300

david16david16 Posts: 14,821
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anybody know of a website that gives an unzipped version of the nokia internet radio for an asha 300.

On the OVI site it says that it's unavailable for my phone.

The thing is that I downloaded it on my previous asha 300 phone and it works well but unfortunately I have lost it and had to buy a replacement. But I forgot what the website I downloaded the file unzipped.

Is there anybody who knows of the website?

Comments

• david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anybody seriously got any ideas?

I downloaded the unzipped versions on one of these download sites on my previous asha 300 before I lost it. I have forgotten what that website was.

I am finding it impossible to find an unzipped version of the radio. And I can't find a suitable zip utility to unzip the zipped version.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Down load it to your computer, unzip it, transfer it to your phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    Down load it to your computer, unzip it, transfer it to your phone.

I've tried to unzip on my PC through winzip but it doesn't work. I'm finding it impossible to install on my mobile.

I've been looking at loads of forums and various download sites for a solution but I'm still getting nowhere.

Surely someone has a solution.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    post me a link to the zipped version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It never worked.

I tried since to find another internet radio service and got mundu radio which gave me some of the stations I enjoyed listening to on the Nokia Internet radio on my former Nokia Asha 300. But it's not standalone which means you cannot do anything else on the same phone while listening to a station, unlike the Nokia internet radio.

I later in stumbled on a service called your muze which is completely compatible with my asha 300. Loads of stations available including many stations you can allegedly only access on an android or iphone mobile. Those stations that are not freely available on the your muze website you can add in and key in the webcast streaming address.

But why have Nokia not properly developed the Nokia internet radio to become fully compatible on all phones? They have only truly bothered about developing it properly for their S60 range of phones and abandoned those with the S40 range of phones. I got it fully working without messing about to get it functioning on my previous asha 300 by pure luck it seems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have finally got it to work.

I tried using winzip on a different mobile phone. It extracted the files successfully but I could not access the installation files.

I since downloaded another zip extractor this morning and this time I could access them. I used bluetooth to transfer the installation files. Now I have a fully working nokia internet radio on my nokia asha 300.

But the issue is not incompatibility on the nokia asha 300 and other such s40 phones, but the lack of a compatible zip extractor for s40 phones.

Nokia really need to develop a suitable zip extractor for their range of s40 phones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The internet radio is installed. But I cannot receive the range of national BBC stations or some of the local commercial stations on it. And there is no add custom url option.

Is there going to be an update for s40 phones? The s60 phones have regular updates and they are up to date with the full range of stations available on TuneIn and none suddenly stop streaming just like that. All the download sites for the s40 version only the beta v1.01 and v1.03 are available.

Some of the stations I can listen to all the time, others I can only listen to some of the time and the rest not at all. So s40 users have to put up with an inferior version with the same stations not all streaming with no upgrade possible, while s60 users keep getting new stations available and evey station streaming plus also get the station logo and a picture of the record label too.