Is there a scene in a film you have to rewind and watch over and over again?

Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
Forum Member
✭✭
When you're watching a film you've seen before, is there a particular scene you always have to rewind and watch several times over? Either because you find it hilarious, gross, shocking or whatever?

For me, in recent years, there have been scenes in Love Actually and Anchorman that make me laugh so much, I just have to watch them over and over.

Love Actually: A scene that isn't even supposed to be funny. When Kiera Knightley finds out that Andrew Lincoln is in love with her, he storms out of his house. He's walking through the town and just coming up to a guy holding some shopping. All of a sudden, Andrew Lincoln crouches down and yells out in anger and frustration. The guy with the shopping jumps backwards in surprise. It shouldn't be funny and probably isn't, but for some reason it always makes me giggle and I have to watch it a few times!

Anchorman: When the gangs of newsreaders are having a big brawl. One of them (played by Tim Robbins I think) steps forward about to wield a machete and someone sneaks up behind him and chops his arm off! Brilliant.

When I was a kid and I was watching Airplane, the scene I would watch over and over was the bit after Elaine the air stewardess asks the passengers "By the way....does anyone know how to fly a plane?" If you've seen the film, you may remember why the scene following that made me rewind it and watch it again! ;):D

What are yours?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Apologies in advance but the first time i saw Gremlins, i had an instant school boy crush on Phoebe Cates.

Needless to say when i saw THAT scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High - OMFG! :D
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I've been rewatching the scene from Borat where Borat wrestles his assistance, both naked and chase each towards a hall full of people. I don't know, I just find that scene hilarious :D
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    When I was a kid and I was watching Airplane, the scene I would watch over and over was the bit after Elaine the air stewardess asks the passengers "By the way....does anyone know how to fly a plane?" If you've seen the film, you may remember why the scene following that made me rewind it and watch it again! ;):D

Oh yes! I think the "Oh by the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" line is the funniest line in the whole history of movies :)

One time I was watching "Airplane" when my parents came home from their evening out and walked into the room just before that line came - so they watched a few moments of what they thought was a serious drama film before it suddebnly went crazy!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually if I rewind it's because I'm trying to figure out what happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Shrek: Shrek and Donkey crossing a bridge over a pool of lava.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    No end of scenes with lovely looking ladies getting up to no good
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "National Lampoons' Christmas Vacation" has a scene where a squirrel jumps out of a Christmas tree ! :D
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    The ending of Mermaids I can watch again and again, just a really sweet scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAciyg8SyrE
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boromirs death in LOTR. From the first part when Frodo is about to leave after Boromir tries to take the ring and he talks to Aragorn, right through to Borimir's death. I just love that whole section of the film, especially when Aragorn notices Sting going blue and turns to fight the whole load of Uruk'ai, and his fight with the big bad guy.
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit in Human Centipede 2 where a terrified woman gives birth in a car then immediately crushes its head whilst trying to stomp on the accelerator to escape.

Or the bit in A Serbian Movie where the central character is drugged and forced to rape his 6 year old son.
  • horsepillshorsepills Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should actually point out that I've never seen any of these two movies, but they are apparently actual scenes in the films!
    Awful
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite often repeat-watch the Stick to the Status Quo scene in High School Musical...

I like the choreography.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I always rewatch the scene in The Silence of the Lambs when Hannibal says to Clarice

You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the FBI.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first time i watched The Untouchables i watched the scene with the pram going down the stairs a few times as i thought it was well done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJpRSf4q-hI&feature=related
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lots of bits in The Natural

mainly when Redford is playing baseball., but it's a great film.
  • mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Escaping from the temple at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The T-Rex car scene in Jurassic Park
    The chateau fight in The Matrix Reloaded
    The treetop fight in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    The skydiving scene in Point Break
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    Oh yes! I think the "Oh by the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" line is the funniest line in the whole history of movies :)

One time I was watching "Airplane" when my parents came home from their evening out and walked into the room just before that line came - so they watched a few moments of what they thought was a serious drama film before it suddebnly went crazy!

Agree with Airplane, though I have to replay the scene where the Stewardess is playing the guitar and singing to the sick girl and they all get into it and her guitar swipes the IV drip out of her arm. I nearly died laughing:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    That film where the woman uncrosses her legs and the fat man is watching. Thatcher, that's it.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 when Voldemort says something like "Harry Potter is dead", and then does this laugh that sounds like ehehehehh. Oh my goodness it's so funny, my lil bro and I always rewind that part.

And in Jaws when he shoots the shark and it blows up, awesome. Gotta watch that twice.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellen Barkin and Dennis Quaid's love scene in The Big Easy.

Donald O'Connor's Make Em Laugh routine in Singin in the Rain.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last bit of cruel intentions when bitter sweet symphoney is playing....great ending I always rewind to watch it over and again
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    lynxmale wrote: »
    That film where the woman uncrosses her legs and the fat man is watching. Thatcher, that's it.

I just sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. Thatcher in that scene will haunt me forever now :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the scene in Reality Bites where they are in the gas station and The Knack's 'My Sharona' comes on the radio and start dancing. It just makes me wanna randomly dance like that there. Happy times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVw58aDt3Y
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit at the end of Lost in Translation where he whispers something to her.