Jamie and Jimmy's Food Fight Club - C4 Thursdays 9pm

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamie-jimmys-food-fight-club
Mates since childhood, Jamie Oliver and Jimmy Doherty pair up to open a pop-up caff on Southend pier. They also take to the continent to pit the best of British food against Europe's finest.
There's some tasty cooking from Jamie, a bit of foodie science from Jimmy, and a lot of laughs with some special friends, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Gary Barlow, Alan Carr and Jonathan Ross.
And throughout the series, Jamie and Jimmy put their reputations on the line as they head off to the continent in their trusty Ford Capri to take on the best that Europe's cuisines have to offer. Because good food is worth fighting for.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Episode 1

Jamie and Jimmy put British cheeses nose-to-nose with their French rivals. Alan Carr pops into the caff for a dangerous game of 'fig roll roulette'.

Jimmy tests our British reserve by serving up a pie with a surprise, to see if some foodies are man enough to swallow a few meaty off-cuts.

Then it's all aboard, as Alan joins Jimmy and Jamie for a burger and fries on Southend's rollercoaster. It could get messy...
  • Chilli-beanChilli-bean Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    How funny was that roller coaster bit?! I do love Alan Carr. Am enjoying this so far.
  • dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying this too, is nobody watching this :(
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't see it. I'm guessing jimmy had a check shirt on. more than likely green
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    What was that heavy gas they drank?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Watching on +1. It's fecking dreadful. What's with all the 'comedy'? Do they think they're Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan or something?
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prick with a fork.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a disjointed, mess of a show. It doesn't know if it is trying to be a serious food program or a comedy chat show. And the war dream sequence was a waste of good air time as well as being in very poor taste.

Jamie has lost it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this.

Not too sure about the beach scene, didn't see the point and thought it was a bit strange trivializing an historic event.

Apart from that, good show and I'll keep watching. Roller coaster bit was hilarious.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad to see the Brit cheeses did so well, the French didnt look happy
  • bangorboynibangorboyni Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I can just picture the conversation now...

'Hi it's Jimmy here - Jimmy Docherty - yeah thats right jamie Olivers mate - the one who has made a living out ofdoing pretty much nothing. Moneys a bit tight at the minute - any chance of commissioning a new series with me in it? We've done my farm, my shop, my cooking, oh I know ' lets do one with me and Jamie!!! Result! Can you pop the cheque in the post?'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this, we laughed all the way through. So pleased our cheeses beat the French :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    glad to see the Brit cheeses did so well, the French didnt look happy

I'm sure there are 100s of "real" cheese competitions across France that they could have entered, but it isn't much of a surprise that GB won a competition arranged by Channel 4.

If I can be bothered to watch, it will be interesting to see if GB wins every competition in the series.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you accusing C4 of having no integrity whatsoever?
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was quite fun. I can't wait to see Gwyneth Paltrow on that roller coaster :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really disappointed with this, which is a shame because I like most of Jamie's programmes. Half the programme felt like them fannying about with their celeb mate and the rest struggled to work out whether it wanted to be funny or a serious food programme. The bit with Essex and making the Essex cheeses was completely pointless. I had to fast forward through the war beach scene because it was cringeworthy and unnecessary.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Scanners wrote: »
    What was that heavy gas they drank?
    Possibly Xenon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched about 5 minutes of it and switched it off.
    Some very odd editing almost like the director couldn't decide what to keep and what to leave out!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    Some very odd editing almost like the director couldn't decide what to keep and what to leave out!
    Give up on this to, for the same reason, plus the child like presenting....all very silly.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Seems some people are expecting a serious cooking programme when it's obviously just two guys mucking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloe_26 wrote: »

I lasted 5 minutes too, or so the wife tells me !!!!!

It was appallingly bad television, another end of course production by a media trainee ?

Produced by JO's own production company

http://www.freshone.tv/home

https://www.duedil.com/company/04075091/fresh-one-productions-limited

Guardian review

Jamie & Jimmy's Food Fight Club is absolutely baffling

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/nov/30/jamie-and-jimmy-food-fight-club-baffling
  • GibmanGibman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    complete rubbish. how did this get commissioned?

oh of course, it has jamie and that farmer bloke on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I think they have overplayed the "mates since childhood" scenario. I'm sure I remember in the first episode of Jimmy's Farm him going to see Jamie and they just went to the same school. Their "reunion" was very awkward and not at all matey.
    But as each year goes by their old friendship seems to get stronger and more significant!