Worst Theatrical Release You Have Ever Seen?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:D

Theatrical

Comments

• stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Hmmm - at the cinema, it would have to be AI. I was bored by about a quarter of the way through the film.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically I did see Batman & Robin at the cinema. Though I was too young to appreciate its awfulness.

I've seen a few stinkers when the film I visited the cinema hoping to see was full (usually when on holiday in the US). Instead of waiting for the next screening of a decent film I've stupidly sat through things like 'Evan Almighty' and 'Grown Ups'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thread about this? Considering all 4 have carefully worded different titles, all 4 are front page and all 4 posted around the same time i call troll.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember clamouring for the doors at the end of The Bodyguard with Kevin Costner, however I think its dated quite well in a cheesey crap but enjoyable kinda way.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlander II - Jaw droppingly bad after I'd enjoyed the original.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Hulk
    Avengers
    The Hobbit (while I could see that was technically a better film, I was bored out of my brains and fell asleep twice during it).
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon is probably the worst film I saw at a cinema.
  • TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Clash of the Titans in 3D. Never trusted 3D ever since.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    I think Star Wars Episode One - A Phantom Menace has to be right up there.

Made even worse by the huge anticipation.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Titanic, my bum was sore in the cinema!
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lincoln
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover. Walked out midpoint. Simply awful, but think I'm in the minority by all accounts.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    The Hangover. Walked out midpoint. Simply awful, but think I'm in the minority by all accounts.

Don't doubt yourself, impeccable judgement. It's a bloody awful film, the majority are not always right!
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tacky rubbish such as Condorman, Heart Condition, and When Saturday Comes spring to mind, but I'll choose The Insider, which just bored the lifeforce out of me.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World - You would need to be high to enjoy it.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clash of the Titans in 3D. Never trusted 3D ever since.

This! I came in to this thread to say exactly the same. The film was not good and the 3D was the worse i have ever seen. I'm sure i could have watched it without my 3D glasses on.
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst film I saw in cinema was The Man Who Sued God back in 2003. I saw the trailer in cinema and I actually thought it would be a good film but I did not enjoy watching it in the cinema. Since then, I have never watched another Billy Connolly movie and I don't plan on watching one anytime soon
  • Katiekat1Katiekat1 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Vanilla Sky. Awful.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blair Witch Project.

The one and only time I got talked into paying to watch a horror film. So bored I ended up playing snake on my phone (the height of phone gaming). The things we teenage boys do to spend time with girls.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed all my trips to the cinema, probably haven't been enough times though to see some stinkers! The most negatively received one i seen would probably be Norbit, but i still pretty much enjoyed it. Made even funnier by this random old man down the front loudly laughing his head off every 2 minutes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Condorman. And any Star Wars prequel.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Flubber. I was about 8 at the time so I was within its target audience but it's the first and only time I've fallen asleep in the cinema.
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World - You would need to be high to enjoy it.

I made an attempt to watch this while high and did not enjoy it. Tried it again when sober and disliked it even more. Didn't get past twenty minutes.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Peter Pan film that came out about ten years ago. It would've been the first time I've ever walked out of a film but I thought my girlfriend was enjoying. It turns out she wasn't.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I watch a lot of films because of my unlimited card but I have to say that Piranha 3DD was the worst film Ive seen in the cinema!
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katiekat1 wrote: »
    Vanilla Sky. Awful.

That film was a bit of a mind ****. I actually did not get the ending