Actors/actress who got on screen and didn't off screen?

Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'll start first...

Got on: David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst
Didn't get on: James Bolam Rodney Bewes

Comments

• morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt get on: Cybil Shepherd and Bruce Willis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newman hated Baddiel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't work out what you meant by the thread title! I think you've missed some words out. You mean pairs who got on on-screen but didn't off-screen? I'll have a think!
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Patrick Swayze couldn't stand Jennifer Grey and the feeling was mutual
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Patrick Swayze couldn't stand Jennifer Grey and the feeling was mutual
    Blimey! I'm gonna like this thread! I have nothing to add though :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Emu hated Rod Hull and the fall was very suspicious, apparently Emu was meant to be holding the ladder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I always find it kind of sad/awkward that Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall don't like eachother in real life, when they're supposed to be so close on screen.

I know acting is pretend and all, but it's times like that when it seems just so fake and distracts me from the characters.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is alleged Peter Cook did not like Dudley Moore
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actors on Steptoe and Son apparently detested each other
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the cast of My Family weren't exactly devastated when Kris Marshall left.

Jesse Wallace and Hannah Waterman famously almost came to blows in Eastenders.

There have been rumours over the years about Morcambe and Wise, not only that didn't they get on but that Ernie's wife was said to be resentful of Eric being more poplular than her husband.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Bette Davis & Joan Crawford

The stories about them are now legendary
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    One for the much much older members lol..

Hylda Baker and Jimmy Jewel hated the sight of each other.They played brother and sister .

Think Ive read somewhere that Abbot and Costello werent the best of freinds off screen either.

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis spent a long time not talking to each other.

Lainey
  • macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not actors per se but Kim & Aggie ;)
  • mistyellemistyelle Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    Blimey! I'm gonna like this thread! I have nothing to add though :(

ditto although im gonna say Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart...time will tell:D
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R2D2 and C3PO hate each other off screen.:(
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I always find it kind of sad/awkward that Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall don't like eachother in real life, when they're supposed to be so close on screen.

I know acting is pretend and all, but it's times like that when it seems just so fake and distracts me from the characters.

I always thought that was the case between them two.

Laurence Olivier never liked Marilyn monroe when making The prince and the show girl.

According to Claire King's autobiog, she never got on with the actor who played her husband in Emmerdale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty certain there's a thread about this already.
  • beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macca@90 wrote: »
    Not actors per se but Kim & Aggie ;)

Kim might not be an actress, but if you saw her on CCDWM, shes a ruddy fine comedian. :D
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go...

Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogden) and Pat Pheonix (Elsie Tanner) did not get in their twenty years on Corrie.

The FRIENDS cast wernt exactly friendly to Helen Baxendale when she joined. Courtney Cox made the effort, but Aniston and Kudrow were unfriendly and the boys went with them.

Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher eventually buried the hatchet but had problems at first.

Linda Evans truly did not like Joan Collins while on Dynasty. True story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R2D2 and C3PO hate each other off screen.:(

Think all of the actors and C3PO don't like eachother - he's a bit arrogant and thinks he's better than everyone else (apparently).
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got on OK with Sir Alec Guiness, but otherwise he does seem to get peoples backs up a bit.;)

A little bit more Star Wars gossip, on the set of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, Natalie Portman was apparently a diva and a total cow to everyone and came very, very close to being fired. Keria Knightly was apparently approached and put on stand by just in case they needed to fly her over to Australia.

The crew had a nickname for her - Queen Runt (change the R for another letter and you'll get it;) )
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Didn't one of the guys from Footballers Wives openly critisise Zoe Lucker after he left the show. I think it was the actor who played Frank.

Something about her always stinking of **** and being a dreadful actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Bette Davis & Joan Crawford

The stories about them are now legendary

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

sounds like it was real from what you say
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Didnt get on: Cybil Shepherd and Bruce Willis

They argued heaps on Moonlighting

I agree, that is sad - they hide it well on SATC
    dd68 wrote: »
    The actors on Steptoe and Son apparently detested each other

They looked like they hated each other on Steptoe and Son

Apparently many actresses complained about Clark Gable's bad breath during the kissing scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emily Blunt and Anne Hathaway got on well during filming of 'The Devil Wears Prada', Emily was Annes bridesmaid at her wedding a few years later.
    There were rumours that Anne and Kate Hudson didn't get along when they made 'Bride Wars.'