Criminal Minds: Worth Watching?

Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
Forum Member
✭✭
Wondering if this is any good, anybody recommend it. I quite into crime dramas but this is one of the shows I haven't seen :P

Comments

• mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Michael09 wrote: »
    Wondering if this is any good, anybody recommend it. I quite into crime dramas but this is one of the shows I haven't seen :P

any good?? its one of the best shows on tv.fantastic storys,great actors,id say 99 percent of them keep you gripped to the edge of your seat.id suggest you find a site to start from scratch and catch up ,that way you get a feel for the characters and you get to know each ones strengths...;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started watching it from the beginning recently, mostly because (back then) it starred Mandy Patinkin. I like the show and it's interesting, but I do think it is sometimes unnecessarily violent.

I know violence is pretty much an essential part of a crime drama, but this show tends to linger a bit on violent scenes. Scenes where they have women screaming while something horrible happens are just a bit too long in this show and happen too frequently. It may sound weird but I'm not so much bothered by the story and the violence contained in it, just the way they convey it on screen.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    It is on one of the Netflixes. It is a wonderful show.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first five seasons are really, really good.

Sadly after that it is pretty much downhill all the way. Six is mixed, seven is awful. So far, eight has its moment but they have pretty much run out of steam. Like Geiger says, sometime it is gratuitous in its nastiness and this is increasingly prevalent season 7 onward. It has also changed in style and concentrates far more on the killer's POV rather than take you on the same journey as the team, which is one of the best things about CM seasons 1 to 5.

Should you watch? Give season 1 a good go. If you enjoy it, then be prepared to love the show and so despair at the pale imitation of itself it becomes in later years.
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool I have got Netflix, have checked the US Netflix but they only have the spinoff suspect behaviour .

Update: Found out that it is available on Brazil and Mexico netflix
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The first five seasons are really, really good.

Sadly after that it is pretty much downhill all the way. Six is mixed, seven is awful. So far, eight has its moment but they have pretty much run out of steam. Like Geiger says, sometime it is gratuitous in its nastiness and this is increasingly prevalent season 7 onward. It has also changed in style and concentrates far more on the killer's POV rather than take you on the same journey as the team, which is one of the best things about CM seasons 1 to 5.

Should you watch? Give season 1 a good go. If you enjoy it, then be prepared to love the show and so despair at the pale imitation of itself it becomes in later years.
    I watched it a few years back. Enjoyed the first 3 series. When they changed the main character and I think one of the females it wasn't as good imo.

I didn't watch after S4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. yes even past season 5. I still love it. Its still brilliant. So yes, watch it :)
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I watched it a few years back. Enjoyed the first 3 series. When they changed the main character and I think one of the females it wasn't as good imo.

I didn't watch after S4.

I think something was lost when Mandy left that Mantagna didn't quite bring & while Elle was more difficult to warm to as a character then Prentiss, she was the more interesting character.

That said there were definitely some strong episodes in S4 & S5 - 100 being one of the best.

Then they really started mucking about with the cast and changed the premise of the show in season six and its been downhill ever since.

So really, you ain't missed much and probably have fonder memories of CM that I do:D
  • VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the seasons 1-7 DVD boxset, it's a great show.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent show - occasional dodgy episode but on the whole well worth watching
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SIx is a pretty poor series, 7 takes a while to find itself, but by the end it's pretty good. I think season eight has been pretty good.

I prefer the cast after season 2 because I was never that keen on Mandy Patinkin (but love him in Homeland), I prefer Joe Mategana.