Refurbed phones

BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
Forum Member
✭✭
Are refurbed phones ok? I am looking at getting a refurbed iphone 5 from e2save. Just wondered if anyone else has had any experience of these?

Comments

• acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy a high value phone worth over £500 new second hand/refurbished unless I could inspect it first. If the price was a good price i would be thinking it's too good to be true but then if the price was only slightly cheaper than new i would be thinking pay the extra and get it brand new. But that's just me.
  • BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The phone is 70 on a contract new, the refurb phone is free on the same contract deal so it would be saving me 70 which is a fair bit. Has a 12 month warranty with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My last 5-6 mobiles have been refurbs, delighted with them all. Never had a problem with them.

Not paid more than £80 for one, dont think I would pay more than £100 for a refurb though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My last 5-6 mobiles have been refurbs, delighted with them all. Never had a problem with them.

Not paid more than £80 for one, dont think I would pay more than £100 for a refurb though

No i don't want to pay anything which is why this one looked good. Free refurbished iphone 5 on o2 1000 mins and texts and 1gb internet for £31 a month.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i don't want to pay anything which is why this one looked good. Free refurbished iphone 5 on o2 1000 mins and texts and 1gb internet for £31 a month.

Refurb from e2save will probably mean someone got it on contract and then returned it as they changed their mind. It sould be as good as new. And if you are unhappy you will be able to return it as well as distance selling regs will apply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Refurb from e2save will probably mean someone got it on contract and then returned it as they changed their mind. It sould be as good as new. And if you are unhappy you will be able to return it as well as distance selling regs will apply.

That's good too know as it seems to be the best deal i can find! Anyone dealt with e2save?
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    e2save are part of Carphone Warehouse, so at least you know they're backed by a big company.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like it might be worth going for then?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello, did you order the iphone 5 on e2save, it says they are out of stock and i just wondered how long yours took to arrive, i ordered mine lunchtime on the 4/3/13
    many thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello, did you order the iphone 5 on e2save, it says they are out of stock and i just wondered how long yours took to arrive, i ordered mine lunchtime on the 4/3/13
    many thanks

No I didn't in the end as I managed to get upgraded on my current contract with a free brand new iphone 5 instead!