Tablet won't switch on

Hi all

Just bought this brand new tablet :

http://images.esellerpro.com/2477/I/505/923/lrgscale00.jpg

Thing is, I'm assuming it's got a completely dead battery. So I plugged it in, waited about 10 mins for it to get the charge going properly, but when I tried to switch it on, nothing happened.

Am I supposed to leave it for longer until it does switch on ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can take a while for it to power on. If it does come on after an hour, I'd suggest it's DOA.
  • Teodoro_CriderTeodoro_Crider Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    It can take a while for it to power on. If it does come on after an hour, I'd suggest it's DOA.

Thanks. And I've read somewhere that the charger that comes with that particular tablet is pretty weak - i.e. it can a few hours at least for it to get things going.

Also when I hold the 'power on' button for a few seconds, a red-coloured battery shows (also for a few seconds) then disappears.

So do you think it's not completely DOA ?
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it shows the battery power percentage while it's charging, then I'd leave it on charge till it gets to 100%. Or, of course, till you get a "fully charged" message.
  • Teodoro_CriderTeodoro_Crider Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    If it shows the battery power percentage while it's charging, then I'd leave it on charge till it gets to 100%. Or, of course, till you get a "fully charged" message.

It's worked :)

I guess I was a little too impatient :o