Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deffo starting this saturday at 11am on channel 356 the vault

epg now updated

1 hour long :)
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't check the EPG, as I'm watching on a non-sky FTA box and it only shows now & next data for Sky channels. The trailer's been updated though, it just says "Saturdays on The Vault"- they wouldn't be showing that if it wasn't starting tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the first edition is the review of 1992 special. I wonder if they're just going to begin by broadcasting these rather than regular editions, or if this is just the starting point (I'd have loved to have seen Channel 4 editions and the early ITV editions). It's worth noting the absense of the channels on-screen graphics- which is great. Presumably they'd have interfered with the show's own graphics too much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW, can someone check through the EPG to see if there's a repeat showing? As I'm watching through an FTA box, I can't do this.
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was brilliant to watch again

am sure normal episodes will start next week

maybe starting from 1993?

no repeats i am afraid james
  • xmastellyxmastelly Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaz.Baz wrote:
    was brilliant to watch again

am sure normal episodes will start next week

maybe starting from 1993?

no repeats i am afraid james

There is a repeat on thursday night at 5pm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got an email back from The Vault (I emailed into their "vote for your 10 favourite videos" thing and left a message about the repeats in there) and they said the reason they aren't showing 1980s episodes is because they are on 1" tape, which they don't have the machines to play (and would seem to make sense about the 1992 start date, it's around the time that it fell out of use- I'd presume by that point it would be on Beta SP or D3), though if the repeats prove popular (I hope they do) then they might pay to have them converted. So we should all support these repeats, as then we might get to see older episodes.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they're going to go week by week through from '93... it's actually a shame that they don't show them a few times a week really. And also a shame I'm in France this year dang ! '93-'95 was my golden age ! Bah !
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:

I'm watching this now, it's chuffing brilliant!! :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's episode is from June 1st 1991 (thank god for the Guinness book of British Hit Singles), so it's fair to say there will be no order to the episodes we'll see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it too, who the hell are the Hudoo Gurus or whatever they were called? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno. Flicking through the aformentioned book, they're not even listed, which means the single didn't enter the top 75.

Just a quick note of another YouTube addition- the 1986 Xmas special:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuCHVeS9Z00
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    Today's episode is from June 1st 1991 (thank god for the Guinness book of British Hit Singles), so it's fair to say there will be no order to the episodes we'll see.

todays episode was 1991 your right! As i a big Kylie fan and her shocked video was on but that was released in April was i'm sure it wasn't June! ;)

it must have been April not June!
  • 7 Network7 Network Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone having problems with SKY+ for this programme, as it was in my planner on both Thursday and Saturday but neither episode recorded and they have both disappeared from it. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 Network wrote:
    Is anyone having problems with SKY+ for this programme, as it was in my planner on both Thursday and Saturday but neither episode recorded and they have both disappeared from it. :mad:

same here! i had to put it back it the sky+ planner this morning! but i think its sky's problem as sky+ was on watchdog a few backs for these problems and other problems. Its happened to alot of people for a whole range of shows not just this but for me the chart show is the first time its happened!

you and me will have to watch out it'll probs end up deleting other shows next!

its not the vault or the chart show program to blame for this the sky+ planner deleting shows is a common problem but like i say its the first time its happend for me!

but i think they repeat it at 5pm on tuesday or thursday incase you not happy about missing it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    Just a quick note of another YouTube addition- the 1986 Xmas special:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuCHVeS9Z00

Now you're talking my kinda language!! This'll keep me entertained for an hour! :D
  • 7 Network7 Network Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmastelly wrote:
    same here! i had to put it back it the sky+ planner this morning! but i think its sky's problem as sky+ was on watchdog a few backs for these problems and other problems. Its happened to alot of people for a whole range of shows not just this but for me the chart show is the first time its happened!

you and me will have to watch out it'll probs end up deleting other shows next!

its not the vault or the chart show program to blame for this the sky+ planner deleting shows is a common problem but like i say its the first time its happend for me!

but i think they repeat it at 5pm on tuesday or thursday incase you not happy about missing it!

I do have dozens of old editions on VHS, but it would have been nice to see them again in glorious stereo*

* where available (!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmastelly wrote:
    I don't think that's right - someone took Sky to the small claims court several years ago and the investigation showed that the problem was where some channels (I think CNX was one of them) were giving the programmes one identity number when they first sent the EPG data, but then changing that number later when they updated the schedule. Even though it was the same programme, the different number meant that any recordings set up for the programme under the old number (which now no longer existed) would disappear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I've noticed about these repeats is not only have they gone out of their way to remove the ITV logo from the titles, there hasn't been a "Video Visuals" copyright caption at the ned of either episode they'e shown either, which has confused me somewhat. I can (sort of) understand why they don't want to show the ITV logo, but I don't know why they don't want to show their own logo at the end.
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    One thing I've noticed about these repeats is not only have they gone out of their way to remove the ITV logo from the titles, there hasn't been a "Video Visuals" copyright caption at the ned of either episode they'e shown either, which has confused me somewhat. I can (sort of) understand why they don't want to show the ITV logo, but I don't know why they don't want to show their own logo at the end.

Are "Video Visuals" still the actual owners of Chart Show TV (inc Vault, B4 etc) or are they a different company now :confused:

Perhaps still the same company, but have change their name?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a date for today's- May 17th 1997.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Super Furry Animals and Sneaker Pimps again! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's quite interesting, as I have the last episode on video, and this episode dates before they had a reshuffle with the graphics (which, after seeing this, was clearly a big improvement), and changed the opening music, which I seem to remember happenned around mid-1997. My personal favourite graphics set though is the 1989-91 fairground ones.

Also- new episode on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ8OX5JwGow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I'd agree with you there as I can remember being disapointed when the 1991-1993 titles were introduced and the logo didn't smash into pieces at the end!
    Nice to hear that they're showing the post 1996 episodes even if the signature tune wasn't exactly the most tuneful in that era!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    Also- new episode on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ8OX5JwGow

Lovely stuff, this'll keep me entertained for a while.... :cool: