Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    If it wasn't for John Lesley getting accused of rape, Pip would still be crying into his Gordon the Gopher merchandise over his lost career

Brilliant! You need to tweet that to him :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would do but I genuinely think he is that egotistical he looks through DS.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! You need to tweet that to him :D

Yes, you go and do that. Take time out of your day to tell someone you've never met and has never said a word to you that the reason they've kept their job for 11 years is because the person who held the job before was an alleged rapist. Then give yourself a pat on the back for being such a witty, classy person. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Yes, you go and do that. Take time out of your day to tell someone you've never met and has never said a word to you that the reason they've kept their job for 11 years is because the person who held the job before was an alleged rapist. Then give yourself a pat on the back for being such a witty, classy person. :rolleyes:

But... It is pretty damn accurate.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    But... It is pretty damn accurate.

So you actually think that the reason why Schofield is in the position he is now solely stems from John Lesley's rape accusations? Really? So if they'd thought he was doing a crap job at This Morning they wouldn't have hired someone else at some point in the last decade? The other shows he's hosted since, The Cube, Mr & Mrs. etc., that's all because of John Lesley's alleged rape?

Whether you like or loathe and despise Schofield, he had nothing to do with his predecessor's alleged activities and I think it's disgusting that people would trivialise something so serious to score points against someone - and then talk about how funny it would be to bring it up to him personally? In a thread about him defending his co-hosts choice of attire?

Apparently I've fallen into some alternate universe where defending your friend is an appalling thing to do but 'hey the person who had your job before you was an alleged rapist. ha ha ha ha! lol! :D' is hilariously witty banter. Oh well, I'll leave you to it - maybe you can find a nice list of Top Of The Pops presenters who succeeded Savile and harass them with tweets all about how they followed a nonce. Have fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooh, get you and your oozing self righteousness, put me right off my lunch it has.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Why is it that when Holly faces any kind of criticism, Philip feels that he has to do his Knight in shining armour routine and rush in to defend her?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/26/phillip-schofield-defends-holly-willoughbys-racy-voice-dress-after-bbc-is-plagued-with-complaints-god-forbid-they-might-see-a-woman-in-a-bikini-before-9pm-3858070/

I happen to agree that the people who complained about Holly's dress are sad, but it was a small minority of viewers. Wy the hell does it bother Philip so much? Has he forgotten that Holly is grown woman who works in a tough industry? Does he think that she's not capable of defending herself or taking it on the chin?

Quite frankly his fixation with Holly is a bit embarrassing. I think he obviously has a huge crush on her, totally unreciprocated on her part, and he looks like sad middle aged man fawning over a woman young enough to be his daughter.

Get a grip Phil!

I think you fixation nay hatred of Philip Schofield is getting a bit embarrassing :cool:
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you fixation nay hatred of Philip Schofield is getting a bit embarrassing :cool:

I don't hate Philip Schofield. But I am allowed to dislike him and think that he's gotten way too big for his boots.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly went on a bit in that Twitter retort. It's a bit depressing that a grown man in his 50s devotes so much time to advertising his life on social networking sites. You'd expect it of his teenage daughters, but he needs to learn to zip it when necessary.

Holly doesn't need him jumping in for her every five minutes. The Voice is nothing to do with him anyway.
  • RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    He certainly went on a bit in that Twitter retort. It's a bit depressing that a grown man in his 50s devotes so much time to advertising his life on social networking sites. You'd expect it of his teenage daughters, but he needs to learn to zip it when necessary.

Holly doesn't need him jumping in for her every five minutes. The Voice is nothing to do with him anyway.

If he wanted to be supportive they could have covered the voice more on this morning. I don't watch it so don't know about this year but I know they weren't giving them the time of day last series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you actually think that the reason why Schofield is in the position he is now solely stems from John Lesley's rape accusations?

Of course it is.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Philip is an excellent presenter. I used to watch him when he had Gordon as his side kick. Does anyone remember when Gordon got attacked by the puppy? It was so funny and I remember lolling a lot.