Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    Would I be wrong in thinking the person contacting Tom Watson could beDavid Cofie former collegue of Liz Davies?
    In February 1990 Liz Davies and David Cofie, senior social workers, discovered evidence of sex abuse of children and reported it to a residents' meeting attended by Mrs Hodge.

From a blog website, someone said to be Tom Watson's source....
    Another two comments were left on this blog by Tom Watson’s source....

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing Liz Davies getting a second chance to progress what she started 20 years ago....

Liz and I liaised very closely in the early 90′s and tried to expose so many links before the system beat us down.

That sounds like a colleague of Liz Davies?
    Forum Member
    While I'm about it, why all the secrecy about the former detective who says he was part of the Operation Orchard investigation?

Also in the week a senior Met Police Officer has been arrested for alledgedly leaking material to the press, and recently another senior officer was banged up for briefing the press, how come a 'highly confidental' briefing to senior officers regarding the arrest of a politician in a few weeks is leaked ?

Operation Fernbridge seems to be leaking like a sieve.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's mentioned in the article below by Nick Davies on how lost Operation Orchid files contributed to the difficulty of solving the murder of Daniel Handley. Also, one of his killers was once allegedly abused in a care-home as a child. All this stinks to high-heavens of cover-ups involving children's care homes and a paedophile ring.

http://www.nickdavies.net/1995/04/01/the-murder-of-daniel-handley-three-features/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    While I'm about it, why all the secrecy about the former detective who says he was part of the Operation Orchard investigation?

Also in the week a senior Met Police Officer has been arrested for alledgedly leaking material to the press, and recently another senior officer was banged up for briefing the press, how come a 'highly confidental' briefing to senior officers regarding the arrest of a politician in a few weeks is leaked ?

Operation Fernbridge seems to be leaking like a sieve.

I think the arrests of police officers leaking to the press was because it was an investigation about the press, which would be similar to someone in the Met alerting paedophiles who might be arrested.

At least these leak/s are to the public and perhaps it is to inform us that the evidence might now be strong enough to arrest those involved. Why they are not arrested now, rather than in a few weeks, is strange. Will it happen?

I've also been trying to find out about what happens to convicted paedophiles. It would seem in some cases their sentences are/have been very lenient, even in the most abhorrent cases. I don't understand this at all.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no word on changing the title of this topic then? It isn't to be revealed, he has been revealed, he was a stinking paedo
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Still no word on changing the title of this topic then? It isn't to be revealed, he has been revealed, he was a stinking paedo

Strictly speaking he wasn't a paedophile because, as I understand it, a paedophile can only be sexually excited when around pre-pubescent children and finds it difficult if not impossible to be attracted to adults, yet he had sexual relationships with people in their 20s and older. Plus there have been allegations of assaults by people as old as in their 40s. Someone suggested a more accurate label would be ephebophile.
    Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19

Source:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Strictly speaking he wasn't a paedophile because, as I understand it, a paedophile can only be sexually excited when around pre-pubescent children and finds it difficult if not impossible to be attracted to adults, yet he had sexual relationships with people in their 20s and older. Plus there have been allegations of assaults by people as old as in their 40s. Someone suggested a more accurate label would be ephebophile.

Source:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

A girl of eight was his youngest victim, paedo not ephebophile
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not to mention that a lot of this thread isn't about him.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    You know what the point was.

If the point was the enquiry at the BBC, as much as I do think too many people have tried to use (and hoped it would ) the BBC as the centre point whilst avoiding other issues I do also think an investigation was warranted due to the allegations and number of them levelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A girl of eight was his youngest victim, paedo not ephebophile

If all allegations are correct then he was actually both as well as a hebephile you dont cease to one because you are the other they are not mutually exclusive
    Forum Member
    inquirer64 wrote: »
    I think the arrests of police officers leaking to the press was because it was an investigation about the press, which would be similar to someone in the Met alerting paedophiles who might be arrested.

At least these leak/s are to the public and perhaps it is to inform us that the evidence might now be strong enough to arrest those involved. Why they are not arrested now, rather than in a few weeks, is strange. Will it happen?

There have been arrests unrelated to phone hacking.

Why leak ? If the police want coverage in the media issue a statement or call a press conference. With claims of cover-ups etc seems daft to leak such things from under a cloak.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    If all allegations are correct then he was actually both as well as a hebephile you dont cease to one because you are the other they are not mutually exclusive

Let's just agree that he was a pervert, the ins and outs of all these phillias give me the creeps
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was implied to me that the medical definition of a paedophile is someone who is exclusively sexually attracted to that age group, which is why they try to be surrounded by young people in their workplace etc. because their not emotionally able to maintain relationships with adults, they only feel comfortable around and attracted to much younger people.

The issue is the exclusivity. If thats the case then presumably they can't hold other labels, either they are one and are only attracted to people that young and would have no interest in older teens or adults, or their not one at all (unless what I was told was wrong but it was a close relative who is a social worker who told me that and I'm pretty sure she'd know what she was talking about).

It does seem that with JS, he was a particularly peculiar 'character' as it were - someone else previously stated that maybe he should have been labelled with a condition we're yet to discover. I think its pretty safe to say that at the very least he was a sociopath with psychopathic tendencies and a child molester though, so it seems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen many cases in which the victims have varied from very young children to teenagers, so there are people out there who are attracted to both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen many cases in which the victims have varied from very young children to teenagers, so there are people out there who are attracted to both.

Maybe there's another label? I really don't know...thats just what I was told (at the dinner table as well lol she very matter of fact-ly mentions that the medical definition of a paedophile indicates they can only physically perform *cringe* with pre-pubescent children and young teens and she said it makes perfect sense, looking back at it now, why he would host the shows he was involved in, for the access to children etc. and she said that people like that would find it uninteresting or even difficult to work with or maintain 'proper' friendships and relationships with adults. I wasn't expecting to hear about such frank things before tucking into my dinner, so suggested the conversation end there before I got put off my food LOL thats the last time I heard my family mention anything to do with the scandal actually. It was only brought up as we had the news on and it was the big news at the time). I think the public would generally recognise it to mean anyone who is attracted to people under 16 anyway.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sunday Mirror reckons a former cabinet minister from the eighties is the next to be arrested. Looks like Savile was able to get away with his crimes due to perverts in the establishment protecting him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was implied to me that the medical definition of a paedophile is someone who is exclusively sexually attracted to that age group, which is why they try to be surrounded by young people in their workplace etc. because their not emotionally able to maintain relationships with adults, they only feel comfortable around and attracted to much younger people.

The issue is the exclusivity. If thats the case then presumably they can't hold other labels, either they are one and are only attracted to people that young and would have no interest in older teens or adults, or their not one at all (unless what I was told was wrong but it was a close relative who is a social worker who told me that and I'm pretty sure she'd know what she was talking about).

It does seem that with JS, he was a particularly peculiar 'character' as it were - someone else previously stated that maybe he should have been labelled with a condition we're yet to discover. I think its pretty safe to say that at the very least he was a sociopath with psychopathic tendencies and a child molester though, so it seems.

A person could be a paedophile , ephebophile or a hebephile or indeed be all three.

Lets also not forget many paedophiles ephebophiles and hebephiles are married and have sex with their adult partners so a liking for children of varying ages does not stop them having sex with adults, though of course children may be their preference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail article's disappeared. So, looks like something might be happening. An injunction, maybe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail
    Publish Savile report in full, Lord Patten, or be damned. This calamitous blow to the BBC cannot be censored
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2279919/Publish-Savile-report-Lord-Patten-damned-This-calamitous-blow-BBC-censored.html
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget he also accused of abusing a man who was in his 40s at the time and the police also said 'he groomed a nation'
    So you have to give him the credit that he was some sort of super human being to be in the public eye and evade discovery in 50+ years (not making one single mistake) and according to the press had such a wide variety of sexual tastes (including the dead) that no normal human could possibly have. So maybe he was from another world?
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget he also accused of abusing a man who was in his 40s at the time and the police also said 'he groomed a nation'
    So you have to give him the credit that he was some sort of super human being to be in the public eye and
    evade discovery in 50+ years (not making one single mistake) and according to the press had such a wide variety of sexual tastes (including the dead)
    that no normal human could possibly have. So maybe he was from another world?
    BIB 1) What are you talking about? He made plenty of mistakes - mistakes that were covered up by his pals (the police), and other members of authority. Be logical. He couldn't have carried on abusing for so long without being assisted by people in high places. Why are you so hell bent on defending a serial sexual predator????

BIB 2) Yeah - he was no normal human. I think that goes without saying.

BIB 3
    Not another world. His own world where he freely admitted he had the 'ultimate freedom' to do exactly what he wanted - and boy, didn't he take advantage of that!
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail
    Publish Savile report in full, Lord Patten, or be damned. This calamitous blow to the BBC cannot be censored
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2279919/Publish-Savile-report-Lord-Patten-damned-This-calamitous-blow-BBC-censored.html
    I just read it and it seems that anything that was critical of management has been heavily redacted. So much for being open and honest about the report like Patten promised.
    But BBC insiders have confirmed the ‘worst stuff’ affecting highly-paid corporation figures has been removed by lawyers.
    Reminds me of Hillsborough and how South Yorkshire police made sure that junior police statements were altered to remove criticism of those in charge. No one seems to care about the truth. They only seen to care about protecting the reputation of those in highly-paid positions. That's the priority. However, the public 'own' the BBC in that our licence fee is what funds them, so they should cut the crap and give us the report in FULL without a single redaction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    BIB 3 Not another world. His own world where he freely admitted he had the 'ultimate freedom' to do exactly what he wanted - and boy, didn't he take advantage of that!

So we are aware of the fact when you are around the royals as a friend you have the freedom to do as you please, ergo, we have a situation whereby the majority live in the public and under the fiction, while the elites exist in the private and are free.

That said when the Vatican elects an anti-pope then common law will be dead.
This discussion has been closed.