Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

Comments

• xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOVE the new probation officer - and Rudy's line "don't worry about him, he'll probably be gone by wednesday" (or something like that:o )

he probably wont last to the end of the week. i liked that line too :D

wasnt impressed but next episode has got me intriguied so will carry on giving it a chance.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellys in africa sorting out landmines! Not believable at all.
    This episode was a bit bad,though I will stick with it.
    You're joking right?
    It's about superpowers!! It's not a documentary!

Decent SciFi / Fantasy should obey its own internal rules - its usually a sign that the programme is running out of ideas when they start contradicting themselves or new rules are suddenly brought out of the hat (yes, Dr Who, I am looking at you!)

Having said that, I'm not too fazed by the idea of Kelly clearing landmines in Africa - she would have enjoyed the local fame and underneath the chaviness she had a good heart.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I didn't like it. It felt somewhat all over the place and the briefcase plot was not the best of ways to throw both Finn and Jess into the mix.

I still like Rudy and Curtis but this wasn't the best of episodes for them and without Kelly, Seth really has no point on the show as well.

I did like Kelly's new job in Africa though and the new probation officer has potential I guess.

Not sure about Jess and Finn just yet, though the latter's storyline does seem interesting. 6/10
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! Great to have it back!

And How cute and sexy is Finn (Love a scally boy!)
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good opening I thought. :)

Nice little nod to the past with Rudy eating a Cornetto. :p

I like Jess and Finn. Those scenes in the freezer could have easily become boring but I thought there was a nice back and forth between them.

I did have to mute the scene where Rudy was sawing that guy's arm off as that was a bit much for me. :o

But all in all, it definitely held my attention more than the Series 3 opener.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're joking right?
    It's about superpowers!! It's not a documentary!

As a viewer of this show since the beginning im aware its not a documentary and its about superpowers.
    In my opinion the landmine excuse for kellys absense was piss poor,kelly had a good heart but having that character off screen turn into some landmine crusader is just crap.
    Im not joking either but the writer must of been.:D
    I would of just killed her off.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

I still like Rudy and Curtis but this wasn't the best of episodes for them and without Kelly, Seth really has no point on the show as well.

I really hope they develop Seth's character and he stays on the series. Mainly cos I think he's hot, but there is potential there! :D

I just read about it here, and it seems he is:

http://www.hypable.com/2012/10/11/misfits-series-4-teasers-reveal-new-characters/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion the landmine excuse for kellys absense was piss poor,kelly had a good heart but having that character off screen turn into some landmine crusader is just crap.
    Im not joking either but the writer must of been.:D
    I would of just killed her off.

Perhaps the writers had already started writing Series 4 before Lauren Socha left and then had to re-write the early episodes around that. Would explain Jess being the only female in the group as well. I guess we'll never really know though.

The rocket scientist power was always a bit of a joke anyway, Kelly's mind-reading power was much better. :)
    Forum Member
    I just looked up what actually happened to Lauren Socha there and she got sentenced to 80 hours of community service, oh dear!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also noticed the lack of continuity from Series 3. No mention of Alisha and Simon. Do they not question whether Simon accomplished saving Alisha? I don't know, it never seemed clear on a total resolution for Simon and Alisha. Although i read in an interview that the creator said it isn't the last we have seen of Alisha and Simon as he has a plan but it won't be this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. Thought it was pretty cool and looking forward to next weeks, especially when we saw the little twist at the end.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I didn't enjoy the first half , I just thought this is too brutal , but then of course its revealed that they're infected with it ! It was quite a clever plot , but the mix of characters isn't really qute there , just one girl ?

It took me ages to remember what she'd been in - she was in Hit and Miss , hope she's not so mopey in this .
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellys in africa sorting out landmines! Not believable at all.

I beleive that is a joke and referencing the actress getting sacked for being racist.

Diffusing things with Africa as it were
    Forum Member
    comedyfish wrote: »
    I beleive that is a joke and referencing the actress getting sacked for being racist.

Diffusing things with Africa as it were

Yeah, that's what I took from that as well.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it, after purposely setting my expectations low so as not to be disappointed.
    Agree that the humour was lacking a bit, it seemed way too dark at times, and the plot jumping back and forth made it hard to follow

I've never really liked Rudy, but he seemed alot easier to take in this one.
    Finn seems a great addition.
    Next week looks interesting, I've tried to come up with theories to explain what's going on, but there's probably no point with so little information to go on without driving yourself mad in the process.

Can't wait to see the powers that will develop, something greatly neglected, besides suitcase guy, in the opening story.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curtis is due a new power isn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Curtis is due a new power isn't he?

Has he still got the power to bring people back from the dead?
  • MercierMercier Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous episode. The writing has been downhill since season 3 but my god, such a poorly written and acted episode. So over the top. As if a couple of chavs wrote this episode.

That's an insult to chavs. This was more middle class white men wanting to be chavs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Can't believe people are still going on about Nathan. He's gone. Walked out into obscurity. His loss. Move on.

Sheehan's career has gone from strength to strength since leaving Misfits, there is a world outside of E4, you know? And it wasn't his loss, from the state of the show since he left it's most definitely their loss.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »
    Has he still got the power to bring people back from the dead?

I think so, but with the trouble it caused last series, I can't see him keeping it.
    I feel they wasted the whole sex change power. The second I knew that that was his power, I thought "He HAS to get pregnant," and then he does, but it's all explained away in one episode, and to comedy effect. A shame, they could have really have gone the full way with that.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the first two series and series three was good.

I liked the first episode of series four - it has potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Mercier wrote: »
    Sheehan's career has gone from strength to strength since leaving Misfits, there is a world outside of E4, you know? And it wasn't his loss, from the state of the show since he left it's most definitely their loss.

He's in a show on BBC1 now isn't he? As you say, he's hardly disappeared into obscurity like the other poster was suggesting.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The first episode was certainly very dark. I did feel sorry for the chap with the briefcase. Yeah, he was a criminal, but blimey did he suffer for it!

Just when it started getting a bit lighter, we discover one of the new characters is keeping a woman tied up in his bedroom.
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Hated it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    He's in a show on BBC1 now isn't he? As you say, he's hardly disappeared into obscurity like the other poster was suggesting.

Films, several television projects including Accused on BBC1 and he was recently the lead in Playboy of the Western World in the West End.

He was clever he used Misfits as a springboard and got out at the height of the show before he could become typecast.