Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed Pee. They've conceded 9 goals against us in 3 games, I'd be shocked if we didn't score. We could lose the tie, but I wouldn't mind that. I can see it being a very nervy game anyway. As long as we do enough to go through, I'm sure players, management and fans alike will be happy!
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only concern about tonight's game is us conceding 1 or 2 in the first half without getting at least 1 ourselves. If that happens I can imagine that panic stations will set in defensively. If we can get to half time at 0-0 then I fancy our chances to defend the lead.

If Livermore starts he'll need to be careful as some of his challenges are very clumsy and we all know European Refs are trigger happy with their red cards. Same goes for Parker but at least he has played in Europe before so should understand about not diving into challenges and not raising your foot when challenging.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sending off is a real worry. The rules seem to have different interpretations in Europe, and we did suffer from that in the CL.

After last weeks game, this seemed a mere formality, but as it gets closer, it is a little more worrying, thinking of all the things that can go wrong, and it is Spurs!

I still think we'll be okay though.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it seemed simple last week but now, as it approaches, the Barca result (yes, that is Barca bit still!) and the near-miss at Bayern means the nails will be being chewed at all day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On OS, Brad says they are treating tie as if it's goalless.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    tonight we just need to not do anything silly, and we'll be fine. Inter aren't good enough to beat us 4-0, not in a billion years.
    Maybe not but 3 goals not 4 from them without reply would take the game to extra time.

Inter have to attack which will hopefully leave more space for us to counter. We just have to play as one solid unit.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    3-0, 4-0...I still just can't see it, unless we were absolutely terrible on the night. I'm honestly more concerned about Fulham on Sunday than this one. the hard work has been done already.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Sod's law means that this game would be tailor made for Bale's pace as I think there'll be plenty of opportunities to counter attack. I think we should be fine overall but it'll be squeaky bum time for large parts of it as they'll certainly come at us.

if we do ultimately make it through, I'll be happy to take a "safe" draw for the quarter finals though - having (hopefully) knocked out Lyon and Inter, I think we'd deserve it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that it's an early one tonight. Kick-off is 6pm UK time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're 1/50 to lose the tie on Blue Square so they're not sweating it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news for Daws, he's been included in the England squad along with Lennon, Parker, Walker and Defoe for the World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Naughton, Dembele, Parker, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Defoe & Adebayor

Subs: Lloris, Caulker, Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto, Carroll, Holtby & Lennon

Looks like it could be a 4-4-2 - I assume he'll player Sigurdsson and Dembele wide, with Parker and Livermore in the middle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good that Lennon's on the bench so we should be at full strength (fingers crossed) v Fulham and the Berbatov masterclass in waiting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Great news for Daws, he's been included in the England squad along with Lennon, Parker, Walker and Defoe for the World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro.

Thats one huge comeback for Daws this season. Great news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that Naughton, gets a start over BAE and Dawson is not included on the subs bench. AVB is obviously very confident!
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    that ref seems a bit friendly with the italians doesnt he?
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Scott Parker really is a poor footballer, and this partnership with Livermore worries me greatly
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    Spurs are choking.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spurs are choking.

CPR, needed shorty !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Brad, but have to admit wish we had had Lloris in net for that he would have flown off his line and probably cleared it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a nightmare of a performance. Two strikers who cant score, a midfield that keeps giving the ball away, and a defence so high up that Inter are running at will beyond them.

Are these the same teams that played last week?

At this rate the fixture congestion we feared wont be happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    Scott Parker really is a poor footballer, and this partnership with Livermore worries me greatly

I think you should mention the whole team rather than continually picking him out.

Dembele has lost the ball as often, and it was him losing it that cost us the second goal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holtby should have been on at half time, big mistake from AVB especially when Defoe is hardly in amazing form anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, how did the scoreline end up like this?! Spurs really need a goal, from somewhere....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, how did the scoreline end up like this?! Spurs really need a goal, from somewhere....

By being too offensive and leaving themselves too open in midfield and pushing full backs up too high.
This discussion has been closed.