Nadine Coyle in Trouble Over Tweet?

123457»

Comments

• lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »
    Kimberley was very supportive of Nadine btw.

In her oK column she regularly wrote about nadine.
    She wrote of her engagement
    She wrote of how she liked Insatiable and her album and that she bought it.
    She wrote of how people needed to give nadine a break - and that album was brilliant
    Then she wrote of her split with Jason and how she was sad about it

So whilst she didn't contact her personally, clearly as it was obvious nadine didnt want to be contacted....

To their credit, they just didn't speak for a while...there was no rift or fight - just not contacting each other for a while, which shouldnt have happened, but nadine was to blame in this slightly as she started it and the others then got all 'if you dont call us why should we call u'.

I see Nadine & Kimberley like to tease each other on twitter. I doubt they would be on bad terms if they are like that with each other.

Nadine CoyleVerified account ‏@NadineCoyleNow 7 Feb
    @KimberleyJWalsh am I still in time for a question? Xxxx

Kimberley WalshVerified account
    @KimberleyJWalsh
    @NadineCoyleNow: @KimberleyJWalsh am I still in time for a question? Xxxx” what you got for me???? 😉

Kimberley Walsh ‏@KimberleyJWalsh 24 Jan
    @GirlsAloud: . @NadineCoyleNow in flats. It's Some Kind Of Miracle http://twitpic.com/bxw23k
  • sanfran1sanfran1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    She's dated Jesse Metcalfe and was engaged to Jason Bell - both were high profile stars in the US. In the early days of Girls Aloud, she dated footballer Neil McCafferty - who played for Charlton.

Neil McCafferty is from her home city and they were together before he moved to Charlton.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sanfran1 wrote: »
    Neil McCafferty is from her home city and they were together before he moved to Charlton.

Fair enough, but Jesse and Jason were well known in the US when she was dating them :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »
    Kimberley was very supportive of Nadine btw.

So whilst she didn't contact her personally, clearly as it was obvious nadine didnt want to be contacted....

,but nadine was to blame in this slightly as she started it and the others then got all 'if you dont call us why should we call u'.

She may have been in the past, but Kimberley's not being that supportive now. Nadine hasn't said that she didn't want to be contacted. How was Nadine to blame? If the girls are blocking her they are making it clear that they don't want to talk to her.
    lucy mane wrote: »
    I see Nadine & Kimberley like to tease each other on twitter. I doubt they would be on bad terms if they are like that with each other.

That's nice, but Kimberley is very much part of the Girls Aloud pack.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    granted08 wrote: »

That's nice, but Kimberley is very much part of the Girls Aloud pack.

Why shouldn't she be friends with all of the GA girls? Why should she pick to be friends only with Nadine if she likes the other girls too?
    Forum Member
    Why shouldn't she be friends with all of the GA girls? Why should she pick to be friends only with Nadine if she likes the other girls too?

not saying she shouldn't be....she already is friends with the girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    If Sarah is to be believed then the girls always intended to split at the end of the tour. What really bothers me about this scenario is that all the girls, except Nadine, therefore deliberately, repeatedly and consistently lied to the fans during the entire reunion by saying they would not split up or at the very most, had not decided anything. I would rather believe this was a last minute decision to split which Nadine could not, or did not get the chance to try to fight. The alternative, is to believe that we fans were lied to, manipulated and deceived throughout the reunion by the other four girls!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Sarah is to be believed then the girls always intended to split at the end of the tour. What really bothers me about this scenario is that all the girls, except Nadine, therefore deliberately, repeatedly and consistently lied to the fans during the entire reunion by saying they would not split up or at the very most, had not decided anything. I would rather believe this was a last minute decision to split which Nadine could not, or did not get the chance to try to fight. The alternative, is to believe that we fans were lied to, manipulated and deceived throughout the reunion by the other four girls!

I think it is obvious it was planned for months, Cheryl said in her book before the reunion they would have a children in needs single, a greatest hits album and a tour, then that is probably the end for GA. They will have all been aware of that, so they all lied, not just four of them. They maybe felt it was better to have a fun reunion together then split, rather than putting a downer on it by announcing the split at the start, plus if they had they would probably be accused of just trying to make more money out of fans.

The only thing that might have changed near the end is them announcing an official split, but I think it is clear they all knew they would be going their separate ways again after the tour.
    Forum Member
    If Sarah is to be believed then the girls always intended to split at the end of the tour. What really bothers me about this scenario is that all the girls, except Nadine I would rather believe this was a last minute decision to split which Nadine could not, or did not get the chance to try to fight. The alternative, is to believe that we fans were lied to, manipulated and deceived throughout the reunion by the other four girls!

The group were very career focused always trying out different projects. So maybe the girls lied, or hid the truth, but Nadine didn't, because she's too nice.......:rolleyes:
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    The group were very career focused always trying out different projects. So maybe the girls lied, or hid the truth, but Nadine didn't, because she's too nice.......:rolleyes:

You can't be 100% certain that Nadine didn't lie, remember this? ;)

http://youtu.be/FJCiztHvXnI
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't be 100% certain that Nadine didn't lie, remember this? ;)

http://youtu.be/FJCiztHvXnI

I gef thi rongh dita burf!! I love her accent.

Nadine is back in the studio apparently. Let's just hope she gets support from a major label, proper management and released some REAL music.

She can go far is she released good ballads with a good musical melody.

None of this pop disco crap.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I think it is obvious it was planned for months, Cheryl said in her book before the reunion they would have a children in needs single, a greatest hits album and a tour, then that is probably the end for GA. They will have all been aware of that, so they all lied, not just four of them. They maybe felt it was better to have a fun reunion together then split, rather than putting a downer on it by announcing the split at the start, plus if they had they would probably be accused of just trying to make more money out of fans.

The only thing that might have changed near the end is them announcing an official split, but I think it is clear they all knew they would be going their separate ways again after the tour.

exactly, cheryl couldn't have possibly painted a clearer picture in that book and her comments were widely reported in the press. i dare say, those comments were included that in book, because it had already been mutually decided. all the girls would have been clear from the outset what was planned and the timescales would be mapped out in advance. the management and record company would also have known in advance as well, so that they could plan a schedule. even the songwriters and producers would have known they weren't writing an album`s worth of songs, because there wasn't going to be another album.

nadine flew into the uk months previous to the reunion to discuss the reunion plans and it seems inconceivable that the future of the group was not discussed at that stage. now if some fans feel cheated or can't possibly believe that nadine may have been economical with the truth, because it clearly doesn't suit their agenda, then so be it.:sleep: however, girls aloud`s fate was written in cheryl`s book last year and she wouldn't have put that out there unless the wheels were in motion.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are reading into this to much. I think she didn't want it to end but the others did and majority ruled. She can't be GA on her own and besides Cheryl has been doing her own solo thing for years now which seems to be successful. In addition to this all her lucrative magazine and cosmetic deals, red carpet appearances in Cannes and high profile events, arena tours, having will as her manager making her work with big American producers and writers and the fact her boyfriend is American means she probably doesn't have time to juggle both.

I love all members but I think even Cheryl knows she has gotten to big for the band and for her to crack other markets and become a global name GA will hold her back. I mean when is the last time you seen her do shows like this morning and stuff and I mean actually go into the studio to have an interview, not them coming to her.

With Nadine, I think she has built her life in the states and as talented as she is she probably thinks she will earn more and get further being in GA. They are lucky really that she is willing to split her time between her family in USA and GA.

But I honestly believe time puts those deserving in the right position and hopefully Nadine will get the success she deserves.

It is weird though, you see these girls do different projects and the other members really do work hard to get their name out there through various 'low scale' appearances. Shame they didn't have a footballer and X Factor :P

The solo stuff for Miss/Mrs Cole may take a turn for the worse and I think the split is just a way of coming back for a reunion and making even more money.

Only time will tell..

And like I previously mentioned, with the Nadine tweet I think it was just majority rules and with the whole Nadine V Girls feud blah blah in the press and the hammering she has got by the media and press about baling the break on her, she just wanted to justify herself saying she was happy to go. The girls didn't keep in contact with her though and treated her like shite because she even said in a T4 interview they never text her and number hasn't changed.

You think Kimba or Cheryl would have the decency to call her because they always make out they're good people. And tweeting people and writing about them in your magazine column is not a way of reaching out to someone.

Funny thing is Kimberley and Nadine were best mates in the beginning and were inseparable, they even lived together for a few years.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tpau21 wrote: »
    I think people are reading into this to much.

thats hilarious coming from someone that continues in the same post at great length to speculate all the reasons why cheryl possibly instigated this split.:D whatever the reason behind cheryl`s solo success, the other girls are very wealthy in their own right and most of them seem happy with their lot. kimberley even recently stated she couldn't cope with cheryl`s level of fame and its seems to me that perhaps cheryl is also struggling with her own fame at the moment, which is why she is taking a break from it all.

the other girls are moving on with whatever they have planned and are continuing a presence on twitter. in contrast, cheryl has stopped posting and has left the country for a break. not the actions in my opinion of someone preparing to take full professional advantage of her new found freedom away from the group.

also, didn't nadine have a famous boyfriend? oh yes, thats right, she had two. its good that her fans continue to believe that somehow she can be a solo success one day and that they also accept that she needs better material to do so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Although Cheryl wrote that they would split after the tour they did interviews when they got back together saying that she wrote that ages ago when plans weren't definite and that girls aloud would never split and this wasn't a farewell tour. Still think this is all a way of getting more money in a few years for a reunion. They'll prob need the money in a few years anyway, Cheryl's solo career won't last forever and the others won't do that well on their own. They're much better when they're together.
    Forum Member
    Molly14 wrote: »
    Still think this is all a way of getting more money in a few years for a reunion. They'll prob need the money in a few years anyway, Tweedy's solo career won't last forever and the others won't do that well on their own. They're much better when they're together.

Agree. Hopefully Nadine will do better on her own.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tpau21 wrote: »
    I think she didn't want it to end but the others did and majority ruled. She can't be GA on her own

This is what I think. I don't think she was literally saying she tried to stop them, she just wouldn't have been able to.

I love Nicola's album and I hope she releases another one in the future. I know people keep pointing at Cheryl, but watching that Viva live show - I'd actually say it is Nicola who doesn't seem to quite fit the band anymore.

It may be just me?

Watching the show, it was like she hadn't quite slipped back into the role in the same way as the others. It's not a bad thing, we know she was very insecure before and it's great seeing her so confident, but it was like watching 'solo Nicola' perform GA songs, and it wasn't the same if that makes sense.

Whereas Cheryl is how she always was, winks and all ;) not a strong singer, but absolutely performing her socks off as she always did. Personally I don't think Cheryl will ever be a good solo star, but she's a great girlband star (like Nadine and Sarah), and I don't think that's a bad thing, I genuinely don't.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is clear that Sarah really wanted the split as much as anyone..I don't know why it is always about Cheryl.
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I don't think Tweedy will ever be a good solo star,

This, but Nadine has the most talent to be the most successful girl gone solo.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I don't see nothing wrong with saying in a tweet you didn't want the band to spit up, but then Sarah goes in that mag, she may have well have said we don't get on, could she not have sent a tweet instead