Tina Malone - why are the media so obsessed with her?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
Forum Member
✭✭
She seems to be on This Morning every five minutes and has been called a darling of the tabloids. But all I see is an annoying old bint who is more than a little self-obsessed and leaves me cold.

Now, I don't get the obsession when it comes to most celebs in the media but I'm finding their Tina Malone adoration exceptionally baffling.

I wish she'd disappear back into obscurity. I find the obsessive coverage of her life really irritating.

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    She seems to be on This Morning every five minutes and has been called a darling of the tabloids. But all I see is an annoying old bint who is more than a little self-obsessed and leaves me cold.

Now, I don't get the obsession when it comes to most celebs in the media but I'm finding their Tina Malone adoration exceptionally baffling.

I wish she'd disappear back into obscurity. I find the obsessive coverage of her life really irritating.

You can say that again! I don't get it either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    She is absolutely vile, nothing about her comes across as endearing, she seems to think the world owes her something .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chazmaxi wrote: »
    nothing about her comes across as endearing, she seems to think the world owes her something .

This is it, in a nutshell. So why IS she a "darling of the tabloids" and a favourite of This Morning? I think she is unbearable.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zora wrote: »

The tabloids are always hyping someone up. Once they get sick of her, they'll then start criticising her after they've moved on to someone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The tabloids are always hyping someone up. Once they get sick of her, they'll then start criticising her after they've moved on to someone else.

This is true, but of all people why Tina Malone? Urgh, she's horrid.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's an old biddy and she's pregnant or something.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone I'm a newbie so regarding this topic....

I have the feeling that we will see a reality doco in the new year showing all the highlights of her gestational journey after the baby is born - we may even be invited into the delivery room to see bub being lifted out of her shell-shocked womb. I hope it stops short of any breast-feeding scenes though :cool: .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Welcome to you, I have a feeling you will be right , a channel 5 documentary , following her journey ! I would not tune in to see that !
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has to be the only person in history to play a character who is a low rent chavvy drug dealing piece of scum and actually had to go upmarket for the role.

I still cringe when I think of her telling LaToya 'f**king' Jackson (as she seemed to think her name was) how much alike they were :eek::eek::eek:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last time I think I saw her was on CBB. Easy to avoid, I'd say.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Wasn't she on Splash earlier this year, against all probability

She was on This Morning saying she was bankrupt but flaunting her £1,000 Alexander McQueen handbag and some Fendi sunglasses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    She was on This Morning .

she is always on it :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she in the tabloids all the time? I don't buy them, so wouldn't know.

She's in the Natalie Cassidy category isn't she - famous for losing weight, and now more famous for spending a fortune on getting pregnant at 50.

I have to say, I don't find her particularly repugnant. I don't understand why others do either. At the end of the day, what has she done to hurt anyone? Nothing really.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just been surprised by an advert mid The Chase....Tina Malone advertising loudly a hospital group for gastric bands. Not seen it before.... scary.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I remember watching her years ago as Mo in Brookside in days of yore. I was amazed when she rocked up on the zeleb circuit years later.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vile woman. Looks like a melted troll doll.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure whether the media are obsessed with her but she is a narcissist and openly admits that she likes to be the centre of attention so will make the best of any opportunity to be 'seen'.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

This.

She belongs in the "celebrities you find creepy" thread but I mainly dislike her because she always seems far too pleased with herself and is yet another person who seems to think being a tabloid darling is something to aspire to.
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may of imagined this, but I am sure I saw her doing a Demi Moore pregnant pose for some magazine or something, just saw a glance on my tv screen but missed what it was for?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    I remember watching her years ago as Mo in Brookside in days of yore. I was amazed when she rocked up on the zeleb circuit years later.

Indeed. She was a relatively minor character as well.

Couldn't have imagined at the time how these obscure Z-listers would turn up 15-20 years later flogging their personal lives in such a manner.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

I have to say, it's rather rich calling someone else "vile" and then being horribly immature and nasty about her appearance.

On this site, there seems to be a LOT of "I'll brand someone else horrid, but I can say whatever horrible things I want".

As for Tina herself, I can't comment on the media thing. I don't really follow British TV much anymore so the last time I saw her was CBB.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Are they?:confused: I've hardly seen anything of her lately.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    I may of imagined this, but I am sure I saw her doing a Demi Moore pregnant pose for some magazine or something, just saw a glance on my tv screen but missed what it was for?

I remember that as well. I think it was 'Closer' mag. Utterly bizarre!:eek:
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    I've never recovered from the time she appeared on This Morning in an outfit similar to this
    http://images.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/AAAAMAY2013/LIZZIE/baftas-worst-dressed-tina-malone.jpg :eek:
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I remember that as well. I think it was 'Closer' mag. Utterly bizarre!:eek:

I'm going to have nightmares now. :eek: :cry: