BT Reveals 114 New UK Locations for its Superfast Fibre Broadband

1235»

Comments

• JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Yes it is. The fibre cabinets can only take a certain number of connections - this is often less than the PCP it is connected to. It could be that the cabinet simply needs a new line card installing along with a tie pair cable to enable more subscribers. However, it's also possible a new cabinet will be required. This can happen when Openreach underestimate demand and install a small 128 line cab. I've read of the larger 288 line cabs becoming full necessitating the installation of another twin, too.

I guess that explains why it's mysteriously disappeared again. Oh well.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my exchange gets it in a few months.

But trying to figure out prices
    going off
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages?Infinity=yes

means you have to take the phone with them in order to get infinity? :confused: :eek:
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1saintly wrote: »
    my exchange gets it in a few months..............

My exchange got it quite a while ago and BT are still telling me its spring 2013 before my part of town gets it

This date keeps getting pushed back though
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1saintly wrote: »
    means you have to take the phone with them in order to get infinity? :confused: :eek:

seems pretty a standard requirement , to me ?
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look! Dover gets it again and Folkestone gets left out! :rolleyes:
  • Nick_LondonNick_London Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Is it possible that BT Infinity can be over subscribed to? I wonder because my local exchange was enabled during october (Just as I signed up to a 12 month contract on the old ADSL with aquiss) ;) Anyway, My exchange was enabled and I could get 41.6MB down and 6.9MB up I think it was. Now I check my exchange and all of a sudden it's not available? Is it possible?

Could be considering its still under construction and various other providers clog it up.

I think Ofcom has ruined BT's finances to roll out Broadband, too much competition has short changed BT over the years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be considering its still under construction and various other providers clog it up.

I think Ofcom has ruined BT's finances to roll out Broadband, too much competition has short changed BT over the years.

Their profits wouldn't suggest that.
  • richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My exchange was enabled dec 2010 and I'm still waiting bt just say il get it by 2014 thanks :cool:
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I was looking at the fibre box thingy in my area today and BT have put the Fibre Broadband is here sticker on it now (which I guess is the same as your ordinary infinity)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of me getting FTTP on Demand when it comes out?
    The exchange is just across the road about 25 meters how much could that cost?
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any chance of me getting FTTP on Demand when it comes out?
    The exchange is just across the road about 25 meters how much could that cost?

Probably you are talking hundreds of pounds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is not good then.
    It might be much cheaper option to get new phone and 4G maybe :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice there now two green box things out side the main Post Office in town I think this is about 200 to 250 meters from our road however the post code still says its unavailable but maybe its just not been updated?