Non Gaga fans

Rams_LordRams_Lord Posts: 268
Forum Member
Non Gaga fans, do you prefer GUY or Venus. There is a fan base war at the moment on which one would do better as a single. Which song do you like the most if your not a Gaga fan

Venus vs G.U.Y. (NON GAGA FANS) 25 votes

G.U.Y.
72% 18 votes
Venus
28% 7 votes

Comments

• dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I am not a Gaga fan, I can honestly say I haven't heard either track, and I am not likely to what with not being a fan.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither will do well. GUY screams 'fan appeal' but not 'wide appeal'. Venus is far too over-produced to do anything. She should have gone with MANiCURE or Gypsy. Or gone totally out there and gone with Dope. It's not a great album, so whatever song she releases won't do well. If I HAD to say out of GUY and Venus which would do better, it would be Venus. It's instantly more catchy.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Why on earth would 'non-gaga fans' vote on a poll about gagas music ? :confused:
    You have lost me.

Are you insinuating there are a group of people out there who don't like Gaga but still obsess over her ?
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why non gaga fans would even know Venus or guy
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm indifferent to Gaga...I don't love her or hate her. I just gave both tracks a listen out of interest. I think that out of the two, G.U.Y is more commercial. However, I don't think it's anything special. It's just camp, bubblegum pop and I'd even go as far as to say it sounds slightly dated. I think the problem with Gaga is that when she first started she was something new and different...she dressed in outrageous costumes and did strange things and she had an album full of good, crazy pop songs. I think now though maybe the novelty has worn off. I just gave her whole album (the latest one) a listen and it just sounds like an album of cheap, bubblegum pop. Her first album was pop, but it sounded fresh, current and it had an edge.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rams_Lord wrote: »
    Non Gaga fans, do you prefer GUY or Venus. There is a fan base war at the moment on which one would do better as a single. Which song do you like the most if your not a Gaga fan

Im decidedly not a fan! To me this is like having to choose between cancer or a heart attack!! I dislike both tracks. I think of the 2 GUY is the least objectionable. Venus is a hot mess-only the chorus is really strong. Neither of these tracks will be massive IMO.
    Its blinding obvious that Gypsy (or Manicure) are the clear singles from ARTPOP. If she can't see this she's a bigger fool than I think she is.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a "non-fan" I haven't heard either, nor am I likely to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I am NOT a Gaga-fan but I like some of her songs. I've heard both songs and I prefer GUY to be a single, but I also want Venus too.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess he means casual fans, people with an objective view.
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only Gaga fans would have a "fanbase war" about which song is least-terrible enough to be released as a single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as a none gaga fan id say Gypsy
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Guy, but i don't particularly like either
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you refer to her as lady gaga and not gaga, I will vote, promise.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not heard guy but Venus is shite. Nearly as bad as all the other crap she's released since the fame monster.

Fan base war? Cringe.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Venus but GUY would make a better single