Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raven_Crow wrote: »
    My story is about meeting Timothy Dalton about 20 years ago … think he was still playing James Bond at the time. I wasn’t fussed on him as James Bond, but he once played Mr Rochester in a 70’s BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre and I had a bit of a crush on him then.

What happened is that my friend and I were in the Crown Bar in Belfast on a pre-Christmas outing and realised that TD was standing beside us at the bar.
    Egged on by my pal I spoke to him and he gave me a look like I was a wart on the backside of humanity and a monosyllabic reply. I was embarrassed and said something lame like ‘nice to see you in Belfast’ before turning away.
    Then about half an hour later when TD was leaving the bar, he deliberately caught my eye over the crowd and smiled and waved good-bye. I think once he realised we weren’t groupies and weren’t going to bother him, he was sorry he’d been rude. Anyway he sort of redeemed himself in my eyes.
    Redemption notwithstanding mind you … the Christmas Panto was on in the theatre across the road from the Crown and I still wish I’d said to him ‘Are you appearing as Widow Twanky or what?’ .. just to prick his Royal Shakespeare Co uppity-ness.
    He was looking good I must add.

I think appearing as the voice of Mr Picklepants in Toy Story 3 would indicate he's perfectly capable of pricking his own RSC uppityness.

I still think he's the definitive Mr Rochester (although all the other actors I've seen play him have all been brilliant too) although Rochester isn't supposed to be that cute - very charismatic but not actually that good looking which I suppose makes Ciaran Hinds actually the closest to the way he's supposed to be.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soilhoof wrote: »
    Nice:

Ten years ago my aunt and cousin met a bearded Daniel Craig and Jason Isaacs exiting the Amber Regent Chinese restaurant in Glasgow. Both posed for photos and laughed and joked - before heading to a kebab place... They'd just had a Chinese!

Did you say "Hello to jason issacs"?
  • Raven_CrowRaven_Crow Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Depends what you said to him. If it was just, 'Hi, you're Tim Dalton, aren't you?' .

Hey Phoenix Lazarus - it's like you were standing behind me !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met danielle radcliffe on friday night at his stage door. Now when i meet a famous person for the first time i dont know how they are with fans, i put my hand out for a handshake as i was in the 2nd row and didnt think id get a picture. Someone moved out of the way and i touched him a couple of times. He didnt like it and asked me not to so i apolgosied 3 times and he must have accepted it as i did get a pic

Now im being made to feel guilty about it ive been told off at least 3 times about it since. Not sure if this is the right thread for this but yeah i dont think he was being rude he just didnt like it

Perhaps you should take the hint and stop touching people uninvited?
  • FlickJFlickJ Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »
    Ant and Dec are staying up at Cameron House Hotel in Scotland. They both got very drunk last night and were extremely rude to staff and customers in the bar. I have family up there, and have only heard this second-hand. Its put me off them as I was a big fan.

I have heard (second hand so cant say 100%) a number of people say they are not the nice cheeky chappies they make themselves out to be. Alledgedly when Kelly Brook was on BGT for all of a day A&D are the reason she was sacked, nothing to do with a 4th judge format not working (as we have seen in recent series). They were not consulted and turned up to find out she had been brought in, kicked off and issued an ultimatum - either she went or they did. Producers were backed into a corner and what do you know Kelly is gone the next day !
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FlickJ wrote: »
    I have heard (second hand so cant say 100%) a number of people say they are not the nice cheeky chappies they make themselves out to be. Alledgedly when Kelly Brook was on BGT for all of a day A&D are the reason she was sacked, nothing to do with a 4th judge format not working (as we have seen in recent series). They were not consulted and turned up to find out she had been brought in, kicked off and issued an ultimatum - either she went or they did. Producers were backed into a corner and what do you know Kelly is gone the next day !

‎Kelly Brook reveals: 'Two-faced Ant and Dec wrecked my TV career ...
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Kelly-Brook-reveals-Two-faced-Ant-Dec-wreck...‎
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GODDESS wrote: »
    ‎Kelly Brook reveals: 'Two-faced Ant and Dec wrecked my TV career ...
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Kelly-Brook-reveals-Two-faced-Ant-Dec-wreck...‎

Kelly Brook turned up for her first day of filming and asked Ant and Dec what they did on the show. She's as thick as two short planks and has little in the way of personality.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Radcliffe might not have minded-except the OP's an ugly old man!:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Central Casting next sent me to a racetrack on an evening call, dressed
    smartly, to play another plain-clothed policeman and they advised me
    that I might have a line or two to say as well. Good stuff. So there
    we are, all standing around, chatting about what sort of work we’ve
    been doing lately, when the Assistant Director shouts at me to stand in
    a certain position and get ready for the actor involved in the scene to
    arrive. Standing opposite me is another stand-in, reading a book, whilst
    waiting for his actor to arrive as the crew busy themselves lighting the
    1 Main Book upto 147.indd 70 14/06/2012 13:30
    set and getting ready to shoot the scene. I’m idly chatting to one or
    two of the other stand-ins who are milling around when the Assistant
    Director brings us all to readiness as my actor arrives. He offers his
    hand and introduces himself :
    “Steiger, Rod Steiger”
    “Harry Aitch” I croaked in reply, shaking his hand as I realised this was
    who I was going to do my lines with. The Director gives me my lines -
    which were easy, even for me - and off we go. Ten minutes later, it’s all
    over, done and dusted.
    Working with huge stars like Rod never leaves the memory

Aitch..... http://www.harryfielder.co.uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    This thread is absolutely brilliant :D
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Central Casting next sent me to a racetrack on an evening call, dressed
    smartly, to play another plain-clothed policeman and they advised me
    that I might have a line or two to say as well. Good stuff. So there
    we are, all standing around, chatting about what sort of work we’ve
    been doing lately, when the Assistant Director shouts at me to stand in
    a certain position and get ready for the actor involved in the scene to
    arrive. Standing opposite me is another stand-in, reading a book, whilst
    waiting for his actor to arrive as the crew busy themselves lighting the
    1 Main Book upto 147.indd 70 14/06/2012 13:30
    set and getting ready to shoot the scene. I’m idly chatting to one or
    two of the other stand-ins who are milling around when the Assistant
    Director brings us all to readiness as my actor arrives. He offers his
    hand and introduces himself :
    “Steiger, Rod Steiger”
    “Harry Aitch” I croaked in reply, shaking his hand as I realised this was
    who I was going to do my lines with. The Director gives me my lines -
    which were easy, even for me - and off we go. Ten minutes later, it’s all
    over, done and dusted.
    Working with huge stars like Rod never leaves the memory

Aitch..... http://www.harryfielder.co.uk

been looking at your website Harry - wonderful stuff!

what were Kenny Williams and Charles Hawtrey like? (I'm a bit of a fan)
  • Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Daniel Craig and Jason Isaacs - I'd LOVE to be the filling in that man sandwich!

Me too!! :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Fun guys,, I worked six Carry On Films...Good live.... Aitch,:D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Whitehall, had to direct him at a festival.
    Gary Hollywood at my aunts 40th
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant and Dec are not polite. Recently opened a Town Centre thing in Newcastle and refused to take photos or speak to anyone.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member

as i already said i thought that was the norm with famous people in a crowd..never been told off before! it was something shockingly new to me. ive been meeting famous people for years!
    Forum Member
    Radcliffe might not have minded-except the OP's an ugly old man!:p

who do you mean by the OP ? :confused:
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who do you mean by the OP ?

It means Original Poster. I think. Or Orange Person. Only Plonking. Our Pam.

Something like that.
    Forum Member
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    It means Original Poster. I think. Or Orange Person. Only Plonking. Our Pam.

Something like that.
    i know what the actual thing means but the op had nothing to do with my posts about daniel
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who do you mean by the OP ? :confused:

I meant you, as the OP of the post, for which I was replying to a comment about the post by someone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Chuck Billy from Testament! Awesome guy
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,392
    Forum Member
    Going back to the 1960's (I'cos I'm that old :rolleyes: )
    Through working in London hotels, I met loads of 'stars' from TV, film etc.
    Ther BEST by a country mile was American Pop Star, Gene Pitney, loveliest, most generous, down to earth person you could ever meet.
    The WORST was Freddie Cannon, also American Pop Star, he was the rudest, most up his own backside, person I had the misfortune to ever meet. :mad: I did agree to go out for a meal with him, but only because I liked Wes Rose (song writer) who was also coming. We went to The Lotus House in Edgeware Road, which was the 'in' place to go, lots of other celebs of the day, were there, but I couldn't get out of there fast enough when Freddie complained LOUDLY about everything. :mad: The rest of the hotel staff also loathed him.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    Going back to the 1960's (I'cos I'm that old :rolleyes: )
    Through working in London hotels, I met loads of 'stars' from TV, film etc.
    Ther BEST by a country mile was American Pop Star, Gene Pitney, loveliest, most generous, down to earth person you could ever meet.

Aw, that's lovely to read. Gene was one of my mum's (many) crushes in the 60's. Tragically lost too soon.
  • MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freinds of mine met him and said he was great, especially with their youngest kid who was a bit overwhelmed and dumbstruck at meeting the Doctor. They were soon chatting away like old mates.

Okay, now I am jealous. I would give away my firstborn to get up close and personal with him:o
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Not met in person but went to a listening preview of a Nine Inch Nails album a good few years back and their fan club invited about 50 people in for a sneak listen. Trent Reznor bought pizza and coke for all those people there and seemed like a really lovely guy as he came out for an introduction and spoke of the album. Really humble guy and thankful for those that have put him there.